PDA

View Full Version : 60 Minutes

steelnavy
12-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Last time I checked, the winner of an NFL football game was the team that had more points on the scoreboard after 60 FULL MINUTES of football. I dont understand how Lebeau can be considered anything but an outstanding coordinator when his D is rated #1 in the league. Does it matter WHEN the other team scores, as long as his D keeps them to minimum points in a game? Isn't our D #1 in points scored against?

On the other hand, where do the steelers rank in points scored? Maybe if Arians had the #1 rated offense and was even near the top in points scored, we might have a much better record. Seems to me that the only reason we are even 6-5 is because Lebeau keeps the Steelers in every game, and NOT the other way around...

How anybody can complain about Lebeau amazes me. There are twenty something other teams that would LOVE to have our defensive problems. On the other hand, how many would LOVE to have Arians over their O coordinator? Cleveland? Oh thats right, they already fired Arians...

Starlifter
12-01-2009, 08:49 PM
respectfully, that's a very simplistic view of the game. the game itself is dynamic. it's full of ebbs and flows. score 4 td's in the first half and it completely changes the second half. strategy changes throughout the game as a result of the current score and effectiveness. so yes, in my opinion it matters very much WHEN the other team scores.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Last time I checked, the winner of an NFL football game was the team that had more points on the scoreboard after 60 FULL MINUTES of football. I dont understand how Lebeau can be considered anything but an outstanding coordinator when his D is rated #1 in the league. Does it matter WHEN the other team scores, as long as his D keeps them to minimum points in a game? Isn't our D #1 in points scored against?

On the other hand, where do the steelers rank in points scored? Maybe if Arians had the #1 rated offense and was even near the top in points scored, we might have a much better record. Seems to me that the only reason we are even 6-5 is because Lebeau keeps the Steelers in every game, and NOT the other way around...

How anybody can complain about Lebeau amazes me. There are twenty something other teams that would LOVE to have our defensive problems. On the other hand, how many would LOVE to have Arians over their O coordinator? Cleveland? Oh thats right, they already fired Arians...

The problem is, five games out of eleven this season, the Steelers have had less points than their opponents on the scoreboard at the end of the contest. I agree with you that we would likely have a much better record if Arians had the offense scoring a lot more points. But however you slice it, we're getting outscored in games about half the time.

I don't place ALL the blame on LeBeau and the Defense...Arians' offense isn't scoring enough points, our STs are giving up too many points--but our D is also giving up too many points. How anyone can ABSOLVE LeBeau of blame amazes me!

feltdizz
12-01-2009, 09:09 PM

The problem is, five games out of eleven this season, the Steelers have had less points than their opponents on the scoreboard at the end of the contest. I agree with you that we would likely have a much better record if Arians had the offense scoring a lot more points. But however you slice it, we're getting outscored in games about half the time.

I don't place ALL the blame on LeBeau and the Defense...Arians' offense isn't scoring enough points, our STs are giving up too many points--but our D is also giving up too many points. How anyone can ABSOLVE LeBeau of blame amazes me!

I love the pass he gets because of all he did in the past.. GTFOH!!! Lebeau is blowing it.. the D is blowing it.. 5of 6 losses are after we get the lead late in games?

and we blame the OC for not putting up mega points because our #1 D is casper the friendly ghost in the 4th?

:wft I'm almost led to believe we won't win a game until the fans on this board stop hating on BA.. it's karma.. they blame the OC while the DC's unit loses the lead..

keep screaming about the OC you dolts.. LOL!!

RuthlessBurgher
12-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I can't allow a thread titled "60 Minutes" to pass by without including a picture of this guy:

http://blogbeckett.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/wallaceprestige.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VAs-kc1nL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Leper Friend
12-01-2009, 10:01 PM

How anybody can complain about Lebeau amazes me. There are twenty something other teams that would LOVE to have our defensive problems. On the other hand, how many would LOVE to have Arians over their O coordinator? Cleveland? Oh thats right, they already fired Arians...Every response to this thread has been dead on. I don't like Arians at all but you're ignoring facts by bringing up Lebeau's past greatness. How big of a lead does this defense need to blow before it's their fault ????????

Throw out all the stats you want. The bottom line is they haven't protected the lead 4 times this year. I disagree with ALOT of what Arians does but how is this his fault ? :wft That's mind boggling.

Scarletfire1970
12-02-2009, 07:19 AM
respectfully, that's a very simplistic view of the game. the game itself is dynamic. it's full of ebbs and flows. score 4 td's in the first half and it completely changes the second half. strategy changes throughout the game as a result of the current score and effectiveness. so yes, in my opinion it matters very much WHEN the other team scores.

Exactly. You could argue it is the other teams game plan to toy with our defense and set them up. Keep the game close and "unleash hell" in the 4th qtr to win the game.

As far as Lebeau, maybe it is not him, maybe the players just aren't good enough. Our CBs aren't great and I think the officials in general are allowing offensive holding more this year and that is killing our pass rush effectiveness. As such, our weak secondary is being exposed particularly without Troy. Losing Aaron Smith doesn't help, particularly in the running game. And for god sakes, would some of these guys just learn to freakin tackle.

drprwnap
12-02-2009, 10:11 AM

No one is calling for Lebeau's head or for him to be fired. Many are saying he should be held accountable for some of these losses. You can throw out all the "Number 1 defense" stats you want. Fact is, they are not getting it done. When you have the lead in the 4 qtr. of games, you should win more of those games than you lose. I'd rather be 8-3 or 9-2 with a Number 15 (or so) best defense than 6-5 with the #1.

Oviedo
12-02-2009, 10:24 AM

No one is calling for Lebeau's head or for him to be fired. Many are saying he should be held accountable for some of these losses. You can throw out all the "Number 1 defense" stats you want. Fact is, they are not getting it done. When you have the lead in the 4 qtr. of games, you should win more of those games than you lose. I'd rather be 8-3 or 9-2 with a Number 15 (or so) best defense than 6-5 with the #1.

Well said :Clap :Clap :Clap

No one wants LeBeau fired but he has to be held equally accountable for defensive failures as Arians for offensive failures. Gay has been targeted all year and nothing has been done schematically or personnel wise to fix that by the guy responsible. I think we are past hoping that something is going to click and Gay is going to start playing like Rod Woodson.

I totally support being patient with young players so they can develop but when it is costing you games and you are fighting for your play off lives you need to prove your "defensive genius" moniker and find a way to fix it.