PDA

View Full Version : The "Lame"stream Media

Steeler Mafia
12-01-2009, 03:43 PM
So I am sitting here at work listening to some podcasts for my Steeler and NFL news. One is ESPN 1250 and the other is Mike and Mike. (I am curious on what Ellis Cannon has to say about this) Anyway, there is a lot of talk, even to this day from some of the websites that I have seen, about the Hines/Ben controversy before Sunday nights game. My question is this, is this really an issue? It seems that the media, especially ESPN (who makes up news when they can't find any) are really trying to make this a bigger story.

IMHO there isn't much to this other than someone trying to extract more news than what is really there. Even if a shred of this is true, and there is a little bit of annomosity between Hines and Ben, I think that the overall execution and play of the team is more of a concern than who said what to hurt whose feelings. This is typical of ESPN and most all of the other media outlets. What does the Nation think?

rpmpit
12-01-2009, 03:47 PM
They do this with every story. We're just paying closer attention to it because its Ben and Hines.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Its bigger news if the preachers daughter got laid than if the town whore did.

brothervad
12-01-2009, 04:12 PM
for those of you interested...Hines posted on Facebook regarding "The Controversy". You can read it on Bob Smizik's blog on the postgazette.com site:

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs ... fault.aspx (http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/bobsmizik/default.aspx)

brothervad

JAR
12-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Tomlin said in his PC that it wasn't an issue.

Steeler Mafia
12-01-2009, 04:34 PM
We all know what Tomlin and the players have said. However, the media, and others outside of the Nation, still try to make something more out of this that what is really there. Does this even need to be a concern of ours, or should we be more concerned with the execution and the upcoming game with the Raiders on Sunday?

I vote for being more concerned with the Raiders and our execution in that upcoming game.

Iron Shiek
12-01-2009, 04:35 PM

What if they are the same person? :shock:

SidSmythe
12-01-2009, 05:33 PM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":2lt0evn3]Its bigger news if the preachers daughter got laid than if the town whore did.

What if they are the same person? :shock:[/quote:2lt0evn3]

:D :lol: :D :lol:

eniparadoxgma
12-01-2009, 06:41 PM

Great point.

JTP53609
12-02-2009, 10:18 AM
remember the cowboys last year, every week there was a new story about them.....the truth is, the comments of Hines were pretty clear cut, and when that happens to a steeler team, than it is big news, I have no problem with it being a big story...

Jooser
12-02-2009, 10:26 AM
I think Mr. Rooney needs to get his head out of Obama's arse and come home from Ireland and straighten some SH!T out. That is all. -Joos

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm typically a glutton for any Steeler news, but when this whole Hines quote thing broke, I couldn't care less. Didn't give it a second thought. I have no idea why it is being re-hashed in the media again and again. Next topic...

Steeler Mafia
12-02-2009, 11:32 AM
I was the same way, but it is now all over the TV and news sites. Some people really like drama.

"More Drama.....Dramamine......Drambuie"

steelblood
12-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I do find it curious that both Santonio and Hines have thrown Ben under the bus lately. Other than that, I don't think much about it as both Santonio and Hines are not the most eloquent or politically correct guys.

phillyesq
12-02-2009, 12:22 PM
So I am sitting here at work listening to some podcasts for my Steeler and NFL news. One is ESPN 1250 and the other is Mike and Mike. (I am curious on what Ellis Cannon has to say about this)

FYI, I'm not sure if you knew this, but you can download Ellis Cannon's podcast as well.

proudpittsburgher
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
It is starting to get buried in the link that brothervad provided (btw, thanks BV). Here is the text . . .

Hines Ward speaks out on Facebook
Tuesday, 11 a.m.

(Below are comments posted by Hines Ward on his Facebook page. They are self-explanatory. -- Bob Smizik

Hines Ward: To my Steeler nation and my fb and twitter fans; I just finished an extensive conversation with Ben. We spoke about the interview in which I made the #1 mistake in doing a interview, I did it based off of emotions. It's interesting how people interpreted my interview. Some say I threw Ben under the bus, some say I w...as just making a general statement about about concussions.

Hines Ward: I would never question a man's toughness playing in a STEELER unif. I didn't mean to cause such a stir. My frustration was based on the fact that this was a big game for us to stay in the playoff picture and having Ben out there gave us our best opp to win in Balt. I was frustrated because there was no indication of... Ben not being able to play because he practiced a normal routine this week (wed, thurs and fri).

Hines Ward: Some of the guys didn't find out he wasn't playing until saturday and getting that news on the day before the big game didn't go to well. Now as a veteran guy on the team you can see how upset that made a lot of us considering we were going down into the lions den in Baltimore without our fearless leader.

Hines Ward: In the locker room some questions came about playing with a concussion, that is where my 50/50 comment came from based on players opinions. Some say they've played after having a concussion and some say you don't wanna mess with that. half of the guys on the team have had concussions at least once in their careers. ...But in football it's a tough decision on whether one should play or not play.

Hines Ward: I know Ben wanted to play this game but the docs told him he's down, and with that we trust our docs with their decisions. We would never jeopardize anyone's health for a game of football. Life is way to precious. One thing about Ben, he is a WINNER. We just wanted this game so badly.

Hines Ward: So the moral of this story is not to do an interview based off of emotions and I made that mistake and I have apologized to Ben for that. Ben and I are cool and always will be. We will not let this come between us, our talk was very productive.

Hines Ward: I wanted to set the record straight with my fans first because the media will not get comments about this situation from me, it's resolved and we are focusing on Oakland and getting back on the right track. Hats off to Dennis! He played his heart out. He won over a lot of guys on our team. He is gonna be a star! 86

Steeler Mafia
12-02-2009, 12:58 PM
So I am sitting here at work listening to some podcasts for my Steeler and NFL news. One is ESPN 1250 and the other is Mike and Mike. (I am curious on what Ellis Cannon has to say about this)

FYI, I'm not sure if you knew this, but you can download Ellis Cannon's podcast as well.

Actually listening to it right now on my iPod. :lol: Thanks!