PDA

View Full Version : if we did'nt

JTP53609
12-01-2009, 10:18 AM
go into K.C and just expect to win because we are the steelers, than we would be okay right now. If they would have put the chiefs away like most every other team in the nfl, than there would be no overtime needed, if there was no overtime than there would be no big ben concussion, if there is no big ben concussion than we have a far better chance at baltimore.....
do you see the effect one game has on an entire season, correct me if im wrong but aaron smith got hurt in detroit while we were farting around there too......
Not only do we lose game to inferior teams, but because they cant focus and play like the should, they now have key players get hurt in those games becasue of it.....
that is what upsets me most

proudpittsburgher
12-02-2009, 01:03 PM
go into K.C and just expect to win because we are the steelers, than we would be okay right now. If they would have put the chiefs away like most every other team in the nfl, than there would be no overtime needed, if there was no overtime than there would be no big ben concussion, if there is no big ben concussion than we have a far better chance at baltimore.....
do you see the effect one game has on an entire season, correct me if im wrong but aaron smith got hurt in detroit while we were farting around there too......
Not only do we lose game to inferior teams, but because they cant focus and play like the should, they now have key players get hurt in those games becasue of it.....
that is what upsets me most

I'm with you . . . some of these situations have further-reaching repurcussions. Kinda like every time Ike drops an INT that hits him in the hands, and then we give up a TD later in that drive, or even a field goal which they wouldn't have gotten with the pick. It's not all about the results of that single play.

JTP53609
12-02-2009, 01:15 PM
it just bothers me that the steelers constantly play to the level of their oppenent more so this year than any year I can remember, sure, we seem to have a game or two a year where we totally screw things up against an inferior team, but this year has been bad all year, and now because of it we are losing players to injury while they should be on the bench in the fourth qtr after we are up by a large margin....and the plays that we made last year at key points in the game are not there this year (exept for minnesota), so they need to capitalize when they have a chance, clark should have a few more interceptions, but because he knows that he hits like a maniac, he now plays for the big hit first and the ball second,...

Ghost
12-02-2009, 01:48 PM
It's not just KC. The loss the Bears was horrid. They are a terrible team. There's no excuse for the first loss to the benglas as well. They had that game in hand and just stopped playing. Those three wins right now would be huge.

You see it on this boad all the time - "don't worry, it's just one game". The problem arises when it's one game on top of another on top of another, etc. You HAVE to win the games you play against inferior teams.

PS - didn't...

JTP53609
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
It's not just KC. The loss the Bears was horrid. They are a terrible team. There's no excuse for the first loss to the benglas as well. They had that game in hand and just stopped playing. Those three wins right now would be huge.

You see it on this boad all the time - "don't worry, it's just one game". The problem arises when it's one game on top of another on top of another, etc. You HAVE to win the games you play against inferior teams.

PS - didn't...

I am a real good speller too, I can't believe I messed that up, serouisly :P
-the loss to the bears was bad, but when the schedule came out in April, I had that as a loss, so at the time, I was not shocked we lost, looking back now at how horrid the bears are, that should have been a win
-the first bengals game was a heartbreaker, to be up 13 points at one point and end up losing, yikes, that was perhaps the turning point to both their season and ours..
-the chiefs, what else can you say, i saw it as a trap game when we were 5-2, but after we lost to the bengals, I though there was no way it could be a trap game, I was wrong...

this year has been entertaining, but we have been farting around way to much, and becasue of it, we are now in quite a perdiciment, but we will finish 11-5, so all is good

Steelgal
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
I just think some years a team has 'it' and others it doesn't. How many late winning drives did Ben have last year? It seems like most weeks last season we had our back against the wall and yet we made enough plays, either offense or defense, to get the win. We don't have 'it' this year. The Bengals are the team that have come back repeatly to win in the 4th quarter. Once you have a few big games like that, it gives you momentum to know that you'll be able to hopefully continue the success, no matter who you play against.

JTP53609
12-02-2009, 02:44 PM
i agree with that, we still have had some wins in the final moments of games this year though, (tennessee, vikings, chargers), we just have played our inferior opponents lightly and that is what hurts the most...

papillon
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Just look at this season as having the playoffs start in week 13. If they lose, they're done, even though it isn't official, the reality is, if they lose another game the season is over. Having said that, playoff football is exciting and the Steelers are officially in the playoffs right now.

Pappy

SidSmythe
12-02-2009, 03:37 PM
IF I was smarter and better looking I'd be rich right now!! but i'm not so I have to deal w/ it.

IF IF IF IF IF!!!

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2009, 04:20 PM
IF I was smarter and better looking I'd be rich right now!! but i'm not so I have to deal w/ it.

IF IF IF IF IF!!!

If you were smarter and better looking, you'd be me! (Still not rich, though). :mrgreen:

SidSmythe
12-02-2009, 04:35 PM

IF IF IF IF IF!!!

If you were smarter and better looking, you'd be me! (Still not rich, though). :mrgreen:

:moon