PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Towel question

totbom
11-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey - Do any of you Steelers historians know when the phrase "A Pittsburgh Original" was added to the Terrible Towel?
Thanks!

JTP53609
12-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Hey - Do any of you Steelers historians know when the phrase "A Pittsburgh Original" was added to the Terrible Towel?
Thanks!

good question, my guess is it was added a few years after it got big, kind of like how when you drive past pizza shops it always has "voted best pizza by"...

RuthlessBurgher
12-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks!

good question, my guess is it was added a few years after it got big, kind of like how when you drive past pizza shops it always has "voted best pizza by"...

More like Ray's Pizza in New York. Soon after, Famous Ray's Pizza popped up. Then Original Ray's Pizza. Then World Famous Original Ray's Pizza. And so forth, until someone opened a shop called Not Ray's Pizza.

And I have no idea when "A Pittsburgh Original" was added. Sorry.

Jooser
12-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Not sure RB, but I can say that my 1995 edition says it's the original on it....

JTP53609
12-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks!

More like Ray's Pizza in New York. Soon after, Famous Ray's Pizza popped up. Then Original Ray's Pizza. Then World Famous Original Ray's Pizza. And so forth, until someone opened a shop called Not Ray's Pizza.

And I have no idea when "A Pittsburgh Original" was added. Sorry.

you could have a seinfeld quote on your hands Mr. Ruthless...

SteelAbility
12-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Soon to come:

"The One and Only Terrible Towel."