PDA

View Full Version : First time......

Steeler Mafia
11-30-2009, 01:22 PM
This is the first time the Steelers have had back to back to back loses since Cower's days with the team in 2006.

How do you think Tomlin will respond? He said there will be hell to pay in December, but I need to see a little more fire out of him before I can believe that. His post-game press conference statements are getting old and recycled.

(I'm not bashing Tomlin, but rather :stirpot so to speak)

SteelerSal
11-30-2009, 01:29 PM
I guess we will find out what this coaching staff is made of and if they can fight through the injuries and poor playcalling to keep the ship from sinking.

By the way, I live 40 miles sw of louisville (Meade County)and work at GE. :Beer

Steeler Mafia
11-30-2009, 01:38 PM
I guess we will find out what this coaching staff is made of and if they can fight through the injuries and poor playcalling to keep the ship from sinking.

By the way, I live 40 miles sw of louisville (Meade County)and work at GE. :Beer

I actually live in Mount Washington (Bullitt County) and work at Humana. Got to love that morning drive!

:Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2009, 02:24 PM

I actually live in Mount Washington (Bullitt County) and work at Humana. Got to love that morning drive!

I drive through Mount Washington via the Fort Pitt Tunnel to get to Steeler games (the other Mount Washington, obviously).

:mrgreen:

eniparadoxgma
11-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Lex Vegas here, folks.

When did Tomlin say there would be hell to pay in December? I might have just not got to that thread yet.

Shoe
11-30-2009, 09:48 PM
A lot of it also starts in camp. (I'm not sure) but I've heard camp this year wasnot as tough as you'd generally like... a bit of the 'smelling the roses' syndrome maybe.

Since it is fair to say that repeating is harder than winning the first time... it stands to reason that camp should be (at least) as tough or tougher than the previous one.

This camp wasn't. And I think the results are bearing out.

This team struggles in many areas, where a tough camp would address: tackling (fundamentals), finishing games (stamina/focus), comradery (finger-pointing).

Steeler Mafia
12-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Lex Vegas here, folks.

When did Tomlin say there would be hell to pay in December? I might have just not got to that thread yet.

This is what he said exactly. I sort of f--kered it up. :roll:

Tomlin: "We will not go gently. We will unleash hell here in December ... We'll go into attack mode."

papillon
12-01-2009, 01:02 PM

I drive through Mount Washington via the Fort Pitt Tunnel to get to Steeler games (the other Mount Washington, obviously).

From NE Pennsylvania you go through the Fort Pitt tunnel? Isn't that a rather roundabout way to get to the city and stadium? I would think you would be coming down 279 into the city after making the trek across I-80 via I-81 or I-476.

But, hey, it is a very cool view and worth the extra miles to come through the Fort Pitt and watch the city open up in front of you.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
12-01-2009, 01:28 PM

From NE Pennsylvania you go through the Fort Pitt tunnel? Isn't that a rather roundabout way to get to the city and stadium? I would think you would be coming down 279 into the city after making the trek across I-80 via I-81 or I-476.

But, hey, it is a very cool view and worth the extra miles to come through the Fort Pitt and watch the city open up in front of you.

Pappy

Yeah, more often than not, we usually enter the city via I-279S (81S to 80W to 79S). But if we stay overnight for a Saturday night Penguins game prior to a Sunday afternoon Steelers game (at least once a year...but done it twice so far this year), we tend to get a cheap hotel out near the Mall at Robinson or by the airport for Saturday night, and therefore the Fort Pitt tunnel makes the most sense to get to Heinz from there. We also went through the Tunnel when we picked up Asian at his hotel in Robinson for the tailgate.

eniparadoxgma
12-02-2009, 04:46 AM
Lex Vegas here, folks.

Tomlin: "We will not go gently. We will unleash hell here in December ... We'll go into attack mode."

I hadn't seen the quote before this thread is all. Cool.

Steeler Mafia
12-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Lex Vegas here, folks.

I hadn't seen the quote before this thread is all. Cool.

No problem. I am just not very good at repeating previous quotes is all. I told my son the other day that the Gettysburg Address started out "The score was 4 to 7 several years ago.."

:lol:

(I need to lay off of the ganja) :?

aggiebones
12-02-2009, 12:28 PM
After a 19 games season and following media circus, the next training camp WILL NOT be tougher now should it be.
Nor has ANY other Super Bowl Champ's following training camp been tougher. Nor should they be.
Get real. Its not a scribble on paper thing. These guys actually have to go out and bang around. They need a decent break from it. In a bubble with robots, yes your speculation that a tougher camp would be better could be correct. These aren't robots.

JTP53609
12-02-2009, 01:43 PM
as much as i hated the loss to the ravens, I expected us to lose that game all along especially when ben was not going to play....the way it turns out, it is taking me longer to get over that loss than any this year.....

the loss to the chiefs was just inexcusable, only the steelers would lose to a team like the chiefs, I still just dont get how they constantly do that every year, that is that coaching i cannot stand, taking opponents lightly and not lighting fire under your players arses...

feltdizz
12-02-2009, 03:32 PM

Pappy

Not really... steeper hills though.. and less stop lights then 65.