PDA

View Full Version : The only positive thing i got out of last night's game

frankthetank1
11-30-2009, 11:15 AM
was dennis dixon. he played better than anyone could of hoped for. at least we have found a long term answer for ben's back up. i wish they called more plays with dixon rolling out, i would love to see him run the ball more and the int was bad, but for his first nfl start i was impressed

papillon
11-30-2009, 11:19 AM
was dennis dixon. he played better than anyone could of hoped for. at least we have found a long term answer for ben's back up. i wish they called more plays with dixon rolling out, i would love to see him run the ball more and the int was bad, but for his first nfl start i was impressed

There were more positives than that in my estimation.

The offensive line did their job
Woodley was unblockable most of the night and typically by two people.
Timmons was explosive again, it appears that his ankle injuries are healed
Mendenhall should never come out of the game
Sepulveda did a good job of directional punting and hang time punting
Holmes quietly had a good game

There were a lot of positives, the negatives just seemed to come at the most inopportune time.

Pappy

phillyesq
11-30-2009, 11:32 AM

There were more positives than that in my estimation.

The offensive line did their job
Woodley was unblockable most of the night and typically by two people.
Timmons was explosive again, it appears that his ankle injuries are healed
Mendenhall should never come out of the game
Sepulveda did a good job of directional punting and hang time punting
Holmes quietly had a good game

There were a lot of positives, the negatives just seemed to come at the most inopportune time.

Pappy

Dixon showed some potential, but I still think the team needs to add a veteran backup QB next season.

The offensive line and Mendy are the two biggest positives that I took away from the game. Everybody knew that the Steelers would come out running, and they got the job done against a very tough defense while missing a key component in Kemo. Ramon Foster doesn't have the mobility of Kemo or the pulling ability, but he seemed to show that he is at least a competent backup.

Timmons made some big plays, but he was also missed a huge tackle on Rice. I agree that Woodley, Sepulvda and Holmes played good games.