PDA

View Full Version : Fire Ligashevsky

NorthCoast
11-30-2009, 08:52 AM
The special teams were again unspecial. They contributed to this loss. Steelers have made changes with players, now it is time to address coaching. I will lose a lot of respect for Tomlin if Ligashevsky is on staff next season.

Ghost
11-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Not to be the typical fan - but I truely don't see how you can't fire him, and I mean immediately. Make a statement that mediocrity (and its not even average) will not be tolerated. Have Tomlin assume the role if he doesn't think there is another coach to do it this late in the season. Nothing could make it worse - the Steelers coverage on punts/kicks is the worst in the NFL. Embarrassing.

papillon
11-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Not to be the typical fan - but I truely don't see how you can't fire him, and I mean immediately. Make a statement that mediocrity (and its not even average) will not be tolerated. Have Tomlin assume the role if he doesn't think there is another coach to do it this late in the season. Nothing could make it worse - the Steelers coverage on punts/kicks is the worst in the NFL. Embarrassing.

Typically, I'm not in favor of this, but this unit is costing the Steelers field position and games almost every week right now. The Steelers won a few despite them, not because of them.

Pappy

Steeler Mafia
11-30-2009, 11:28 AM
I agree. However, the ST unit was day and night better than they had been the previous weeks. Not like that was all that hard to do.

phillyesq
11-30-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't know what to think of him at this point. His first season, the special teams were absolutely terrible, and I couldn't understand why he was retained. Then, last season, the coverage units were a strength. This year, they are terrible yet again. The KO coverage improved last night, but the punt coverage was horrendous.

I'm not sure if the problem is players, coaching, or a bit of both.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-30-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't know what to think of him at this point. His first season, the special teams were absolutely terrible, and I couldn't understand why he was retained. Then, last season, the coverage units were a strength. This year, they are terrible yet again. The KO coverage improved last night, but the punt coverage was horrendous.

I'm not sure if the problem is players, coaching, or a bit of both.

The reason the team has addressed STs so slowly and inadequately is because those at the top (Tomlin and Colbert) have not seen it to be a priority. They don't seem to "get it" that STs are 1/3 of the team, and often make the difference between W's and L's in this league.

RussBII
11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
I think perhaps Ligaheaseadadakaky (sp?) wasn't given much in the terms of personnel.

The KO Return unit pepped up with Harrison on it for sure...

eniparadoxgma
11-30-2009, 05:10 PM
The reason the team has addressed STs so slowly and inadequately is because those at the top (Tomlin and Colbert) have not seen it to be a priority. They don't seem to "get it" that STs are 1/3 of the team, and often make the difference between W's and L's in this league.

That's quite an assumption. Any proof to your claims?

Iron Shiek
11-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Something needs to happen. This Special Teams unit is worse than what I remember in '03-'05 when Troy Brown and others wreaked havoc on us. Its happening every single week. Ridiculous.

ikestops85
11-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Where oh where is Bobby April??

eniparadoxgma
11-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Where's Chidi nowadays? :tt2

ikestops85
11-30-2009, 05:51 PM

Probably Pittsburgh West.

phillyesq
11-30-2009, 06:17 PM

Morey is out there. Too bad Madison got snatched up by the Colts.

JTP53609
12-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Welcome to Pittsburgh N' at, a great place to see the 6 time super bowl champs....
exept when we kickoff

frankthetank1
12-03-2009, 05:57 PM

Morey is out there. Too bad Madison got snatched up by the Colts.

whiz is ridiculous. the cards snatch up any bum cast away the steelers get rid of. can anyone else believe that clark haggans is actually playing still???? oh man that guy was awful his last season in the burgh and that was a few years ago!!

Herewegosteelers!
12-03-2009, 07:23 PM
The reason the special teams aren't as good this year is because Mitch Berger isn't on the team of course :P Really though, the special teams coach should have been fired after the KC game. Shake up things in the middle of the season when things aren't going well. Find an interim special teams coach....he couldn't do any worse.

AngryAsian
12-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Has there ever been a Steeler coordinator fired mid-season? Ever?

Starlifter
12-03-2009, 08:39 PM
after 6 games i was thinking fire ligashevsky. then when it kept getting worse, you figured they were trying new schemes (you HAVE to be at that point) and it still wasn't working - so i'm thinking, it's not the coach - he just doesn't have any horses. then we make some personnel changes, bring back harrison etc and while it still wasn't great thankfully some timely penalties on the rats negated a few long returns.

so i dunno. maybe it's time to fire everyone.

we've always know the season is a marathon but clearly special teams have cost us 2 games. combine that with 2 critical 4th quarter meltdowns on defense and you can understand why we're 6-5.