PDA

View Full Version : The Student has surpassed the Teacher..

feltdizz
11-30-2009, 01:33 AM
It's obvious Troy is the genius behind the LeBeau zone blitz.. without Troy our D is just nothing to fear... easily dissected and carved up in 4 to 5 plays like a hot knife through butter.

We jump on BA at every chance because he only gets up the lead late in the fourth and doesn't beat teams by 30 points.. and why do we do this? Because the cold hard truth is our beloved Defensive guru has been exposed. We have watched him amazing things and thought his time would never come but alas..

without Troy.. bad word Lebeau has been just... well, bad this season.

BURGH86STEEL
11-30-2009, 01:45 AM
It's obvious Troy is the genius behind the LeBeau zone blitz.. without Troy our D is just nothing to fear... easily dissected and carved up in 4 to 5 plays like a hot knife through butter.

We jump on BA at every chance because he only gets up the lead late in the fourth and doesn't beat teams by 30 points.. and why do we do this? Because the cold hard truth is our beloved Defensive guru has been exposed. We have watched him amazing things and thought his time would never come but alas..

I will stand by Lebeau as I have Arians. It is difficult to say if it is schematic issues.

The players give up the big plays. The TD by Mason Ike was in a good position to make a play on the ball. He misplayed the ball. The players got manhandled up front on the Ravens first TD. Those are player issues.

I will agree with you that our defense is not the same without Troy. I am sure the same can be said for many defenses around the league without their best player. With or without Troy, they gotta find a way to stop giving up game winning drives.

feltdizz
11-30-2009, 01:55 AM

I will stand by Lebeau as I have Arians. It is difficult to say if it is schematic issues.

The players give up the big plays. The TD by Mason Ike was in a good position to make a play on the ball. He misplayed the ball. The players got manhandled up front on the Ravens first TD. Those are player issues.

I will agree with you that our defense is not the same without Troy. I am sure the same can be said for many defenses around the league without their best player. With or without Troy, they gotta find a way to stop giving up game winning drives.

I'm sorry but Ike misplayed the ball? Seriously? When has he ever played the ball? The guy plays the man and needs trifocals because he was still looking for the ball while Mason was spiking it. Dude has depth perception issues.

LouSteel
11-30-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry but Ike misplayed the ball? Seriously? When has he ever played the ball? The guy plays the man and needs trifocals because he was still looking for the ball while Mason was spiking it. Dude has depth perception issues.

:lol: :lol: :lol: i love it!

I think there are a few schemes that can make Ike and Gay look good... maybe one that Tomlin is pretty familiar with...

SteelAbility
11-30-2009, 01:30 PM

Big time. That ball should have been picked.

NW Steeler
11-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Clarks' miss on that long pass was worse. What the hell was he looking at?

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Clarks' miss on that long pass was worse. What the hell was he looking at?

Clark doesn't have great hands anyway, so he just should have laid that guy out. He had the angle and the timing was there. There is no way that guy holds onto the ball if he were Welkered.

birtikidis
11-30-2009, 03:12 PM
our problem is not defense or offense or special teams.
it is a team problem
we lack the ability to impose our will.
last time we lost aaron smith for a season our defense was also exposed.
think about it for a second.
both of our starting gaurds sunday were backups at the beginning of the year.
our 3rd string qb started the game
a HOF safety was out
the most underrated player in the NFL in smith was out
our 2nd string DE was out (kirschke)

and we could have won that game.
with all of that, we could have won.

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2009, 03:19 PM
our problem is not defense or offense or special teams.
it is a team problem
we lack the ability to impose our will.
last time we lost aaron smith for a season our defense was also exposed.
think about it for a second.
both of our starting gaurds sunday were backups at the beginning of the year.
our 3rd string qb started the game
a HOF safety was out
the most underrated player in the NFL in smith was out
our 2nd string DE was out (kirschke)

and we could have won that game.
with all of that, we could have won.

Kirschke started, but I get the idea.

Once the other guys (well, not Aaron Smith and Darnell Stapleton, but the rest of them) come back, we should be much improved (as the Penguins have been recently since Malkin, Talbot, Kennedy, Gonchar, Orpik, Letang, and Goligoski all came back from injury).