PDA

View Full Version : Farrior

steelnavy
11-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Why is Farrior covering Mason (instead of Timmons)?

BradshawsHairdresser
11-30-2009, 12:57 AM

Good question. Farrior is looking older and slower with every game.l

brothervad
11-30-2009, 01:01 AM

I have felt this all season...I think it is such a subtle change it's hard to see. I understand he leads the team in tackles...but I think it's those "Splash plays" that he doesn't seem to make anymore.

brothervad

steelernation77
11-30-2009, 01:03 AM

I have felt this all season...I think it is such a subtle change it's hard to see. I understand he leads the team in tackles...but I think it's those "Splash plays" that he doesn't seem to make anymore.

brothervad

In fairness, he did have that sack, FF that should have taken the Ravens out of FG range at the end of regulation.

brothervad
11-30-2009, 01:07 AM

brothervad

In fairness, he did have that sack, FF that should have taken the Ravens out of FG range at the end of regulation.

Understood. Like I said...I can't pinpoint it...my gut is that he has lost 1/2 a step. Just certain plays he doesn't make that he used to...maybe I have been spoiled.

brothervad

steelernation77
11-30-2009, 01:09 AM

brothervad

Understood. Like I said...I can't pinpoint it...my gut is that he has lost 1/2 a step. Just certain plays he doesn't make that he used to...maybe I have been spoiled.

brothervad

I have noticed that he has been really poor in coverage this year. He looked awful on that long play when they motioned Rice out of the backfield in to the slot and threw the quick slant. He also gave up the game-winning TD in the first game against Cinci on a hook right in front of him.

Steel Life
11-30-2009, 02:55 AM
He looked bad on the 4th & 5 call trying to cover Rice, but I'm going to assume the Ravens did it on purpose by having Heap drag the middle towards Timmons & having Rice slip out around the right side towards Farrior. But in all fairness...Farrior, like any LB, plays better when the D-Line is better & right now they're just not that good - especially when the Ravens are keeping 6 O-Linemen in to max-protect. But his speed is slipping & we need to find out of Timmons can handle his spot & draft the eventual replacement because Fox couldn't have kept up with Rice either.

JTP53609
11-30-2009, 10:37 AM
love farrior, but i think it is time, to have him become the backup. he is not the same, no shame in it, just age.....

Leper Friend
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM
He looked bad on the 4th & 5 call trying to cover Rice, but I'm going to assume the Ravens did it on purpose by having Heap drag the middle towards Timmons & having Rice slip out around the right side towards Farrior. But in all fairness...Farrior, like any LB, plays better when the D-Line is better & right now they're just not that good - especially when the Ravens are keeping 6 O-Linemen in to max-protect. But his speed is slipping & we need to find out of Timmons can handle his spot & draft the eventual replacement because Fox couldn't have kept up with Rice either.
Of course they went after Farrior on purpose. He's nothing but a 2 down LB these days. He's horrible in coverage. He got used at the end of the first Cinci game too. How does Lebeau let him get isolated in one on one agaisnt a back with the game on the line. That's garbage.

Jom112
11-30-2009, 02:38 PM
love farrior, but i think it is time, to have him become the backup. he is not the same, no shame in it, just age.....

I don't think he should be a backup. He's not going to make all the plays but he's still a leading tackler whose going play better than anyone else you can put in that spot. You can't take a veteran Inside LB like that out of the lineup just yet.

It's the same reason why we start Dhani Jones. Dhani can't make all the plays and does look slow chasing some RB's and TE's at times, but he still gives us the best chance to win. Plus like Dhani, I'm sure Farrior is helping the younger LB's not just during the week in practice but on the field during games...

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2009, 02:49 PM

I don't think he should be a backup. He's not going to make all the plays but he's still a leading tackler whose going play better than anyone else you can put in that spot. You can't take a veteran Inside LB like that out of the lineup just yet.

It's the same reason why we start Dhani Jones. Dhani can't make all the plays and does look slow chasing some RB's and TE's at times, but he still gives us the best chance to win. Plus like Dhani, I'm sure Farrior is helping the younger LB's not just during the week in practice but on the field during games...

I wouldn't make him a backup either. But we are getting to the point of him being only a 1st and 2nd down guy...

Jom112
11-30-2009, 02:53 PM

I wouldn't make him a backup either. But we are getting to the point of him being only a 1st and 2nd down guy...

I can see that. K. Fox seems primed to take over on 3rd downs...

BURGH86STEEL
11-30-2009, 02:54 PM

I don't think there are many LB's that could had kept up with Rice on that play.

SidSmythe
11-30-2009, 03:20 PM

I don't think there are many LB's that could had kept up with Rice on that play.

As soon as they motioned Rice out and Farrior moved out w him, i was really hoping they would call a Timeout.

Would have loved to see them show blitz and drop 8.