11-29-2009, 11:52 PM
playing a beast DAMN!

cruzer8
11-29-2009, 11:52 PM
He's fun to watch.

birtikidis
11-29-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm very impressed.
him and mendenhall are playing out of their minds.

frankthetank1
11-29-2009, 11:54 PM
his ankles seem a lot better. what a bust timmons is haha

birtikidis
11-29-2009, 11:57 PM
I meant playing like a beast.
but yea he's everywhere.
bust pay

Chadman
11-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Ahh...(basks in the glow of being right leading up to the draft..)

winwithd
11-30-2009, 01:14 AM
Didn't he whiff BIG TIME on that Rice catch and run on 4th and 5?

steelernation77
11-30-2009, 01:15 AM
He has been playing well, but I still see Fox in a lot on first and second downs which makes me think he is struggling against the run.

Shoe
11-30-2009, 02:34 AM
I like Timmons, and he played a pretty good game today. One thing: he needs to break down a little better. He is out of control more than you'd like.

Steel Life
11-30-2009, 02:41 AM
Timmons is only getting better & he's a young guy to boot, so he's going to be a Steeler for a long time. What we need is a replacement for Farrior who is either hit or miss at this point.

Oviedo
11-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Timmons is only getting better & he's a young guy to boot, so he's going to be a Steeler for a long time. What we need is a replacement for Farrior who is either hit or miss at this point.

Agree we need a replacement for Farrior, but also need replacements for Ryan Clark and more and more its looking like a replacement for William Gay.

SuperSize
11-30-2009, 09:06 AM

Agree we need a replacement for Farrior, but also need replacements for Ryan Clark and more and more its looking like a replacement for William Gay.

If Farrior is going to play on obvious passing downs, he has to rush the passer. While he is still good at getting to the QB, his coverage skills are a MAJOR liability.

As far as Gay is concerned, he needs some humility. He played last year with good technique, good form, and the attitude of a first-year player who wanted to impress his coaches. After being named the starter, he has turned cocky & lost his form, especially tackling. I think there is some hope for him, if he pulls his head out of his butt.

Finally, about Clark, it is now apparent why the Steelers didn't extend him. Without Troy, he is very average. A new free safety has to be near the top of the list for us 2010.

Pete

papillon
11-30-2009, 09:13 AM

If Farrior is going to play on obvious passing downs, he has to rush the passer. While he is still good at getting to the QB, his coverage skills are a MAJOR liability.

As far as Gay is concerned, he needs some humility. He played last year with good technique, good form, and the attitude of a first-year player who wanted to impress his coaches. After being named the starter, he has turned cocky & lost his form, especially tackling. I think there is some hope for him, if he pulls his head out of his butt.

Finally, about Clark, it is now apparent why the Steelers didn't extend him. Without Troy, he is very average. A new free safety has to be near the top of the list for us 2010.

Pete

William Gay used good solid cover technique last night; he didn't get turned, but his tackling was atrocious and his break on the ball seemed a step late. Or, he was defending the deep ball to the point that he couldn't make a play on the intermediate routes.

Pappy

NorthCoast
11-30-2009, 09:29 AM

Pete

Not sure what game you were watching but Gay's TACKLING skills are not an issue for the most part (except the fakeout by Rice). Coverage skills...that's another issue.

SteelAbility
11-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Looked great last night. Can that keep up? I hope so. He had a couple of good plays against the run too which is the weaker part of his game. Hopefully that will continue.

Oviedo
11-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Even playing out of position Timmons is a monster. As predicted, expect several Pro Bowls in the future.

But then again we should have drafted Paul Posluzny (sarcasm and laughing to self)

steelsnis
11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
I actually think Timmons is the replacement in waiting for Farrior. They love his speed/size combo to take over the Farrior role, and then they can either use Fox in the Larry Foote role or get another guy to play the "Thumper".

phillyesq
11-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Even playing out of position Timmons is a monster. As predicted, expect several Pro Bowls in the future.

But then again we should have drafted Paul Posluzny (sarcasm and laughing to self)

Posluzny? No.

Revis (if he didn't go one pick earlier) -- hell yes.

Beason or David Harris -- closer, but I'd probably take either of those two guys.

Timmons made a few nice plays, but he also had a big whif.

ikestops85
11-30-2009, 05:50 PM

Yes he did and it ticked me off big time. He dove at him thinking he was going to blow Rice up. The problem I have with it was his arms were down at his side. He didn't even try to reach for the guy to wrap him up so instead of being able to grab him he whistled harmlously past. In all my years of watching football I don't think I have ever seen someone dive at a ball carrier with their arms down at their sides. :shock:

He played a good game but one blown play is all it takes. Some of these guys have to learn to do the little things ALL the time.

Ryan Clark (whom I love) played his worst game ever in the black and gold. If he looks for the ball on that long pass to Clayton at worst he knocks it down and at best intercepts it. Then on the Ravens last drive in regulation he sizes Mason up for the big hit but if he would have just looked for the ball it was an easy interception and return at least into FG territory.

Just a frustrating game since it was very winable :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

NW Steeler
11-30-2009, 06:53 PM

Ryan Clark (whom I love) played his worst game ever in the black and gold. If he looks for the ball on that long pass to Clayton at worst he knocks it down and at best intercepts it. Then on the Ravens last drive in regulation he sizes Mason up for the big hit but if he would have just looked for the ball it was an easy interception and return at least into FG territory.

Just a frustrating game since it was very winable :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Agree 100%. I was screaming at the tv on both of those plays. I love the way Clark hits, but a FS with ball skills would have had 2 picks last night.