PDA

View Full Version : Coaching is horrendous tonight but what else is new.

LasVegasGuy
11-29-2009, 10:50 PM
1:45 remaining in the half down 14-7 and one timeout. We hand the ball off 4 consecutive times.

These coaches suck...........Anybody that defends this type of coaching really needs to evaluate their thinking.

I guess for Tomlin being down 14-7 is a moral victory for him. Way to go Tomlin you didn't look as bad as people projected. Woo Hooo!

frankthetank1
11-29-2009, 10:52 PM
what do you want them to do go no huddle and risk a int? down one td with dennis dixon at qb is pretty good. its conservative but with an inexpierenced qb against a good defense it was smart coaching not horrendous

grotonsteel
11-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Rather than coaching it is horrible Steelers DB play.

No pressure on Flacco.
Woodley MIA again.
Gay and Clark getting schooled again
Taylor can't defend fade away. Denver game anyone.

True Fan
11-29-2009, 10:55 PM
what do you want them to do go no huddle and risk a int? down one td with dennis dixon at qb is pretty good. its conservative but with an inexpierenced qb against a good defense it was smart coaching not horrendous

i disagree. dixon has looked pretty good the first half. why take the ball out of his hands now. it is unlikely that he plays as well the second half.

frankthetank1
11-29-2009, 10:58 PM

i disagree. dixon has looked pretty good the first half. why take the ball out of his hands now. it is unlikely that he plays as well the second half.

he has played well but why risk a turnover and be down even more at half? how do you figure it is unlikely that he plays just as well in the second half? if they continue to run the ball well dixon should have just as much success

LasVegasGuy
11-29-2009, 11:00 PM

Thats exactly what we needed to do. There is a reason Dixon is in the NFL. If you can't trust the guy to run your offense then why the hell is he on the team? I don't care if he is a 2nd year player or not. We had enough time and a timeout to at least ry to get into field goal range. You can say this was smart coaching but your only fooling yourself.

Football is about opportunities. We had an opportunity to run the 2:00 offense and try and get at least 3 instead Tomlin puts his stamp of approval on going to the prevent offense. What a crock of sh&t. I guess for Tomlin losing by 3 is better then losing by 30. This douche needs to pack his bags this isn't Steeler football.

True Fan
11-29-2009, 11:03 PM

he has played well but why risk a turnover and be down even more at half? how do you figure it is unlikely that he plays just as well in the second half? if they continue to run the ball well dixon should have just as much success

i dont like the 'playing not to lose' philosophy.
i just think the odds of dixon playing another half as good as the first are less likely....based on siutation and all

LasVegasGuy
11-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Rather than coaching it is horrible Steelers DB play.

No pressure on Flacco.
Woodley MIA again.
Gay and Clark getting schooled again
Taylor can't defend fade away. Denver game anyone.

This isn't about the defense that's another issue. However, isn't Tomlin's background DB's? I guess he can't coach them either.

This is about taking an opportunity and squanderring it. We didn't even get the ball to start the half which makes the drive at the end of the half that much more important.

frankthetank1
11-29-2009, 11:08 PM
[quote=frankthetank1]what do you want them to do go no huddle and risk a int? down one td with dennis dixon at qb is pretty good. its conservative but with an inexpierenced qb against a good defense it was smart coaching not horrendous

i dont like the 'playing not to lose' philosophy.
i just think the odds of dixon playing another half as good as the first are less likely....based on siutation and all[/quote:2scn16bs]

how is playing not to lose any different than playing to win? the outcome is the same. you play to win the game!

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Just like Belichick going for it on 4th down against the Colts was doubly damaging because it showed no faith in his defense, turtling in a 2 minute drill with one timeout in your pocket is doubly damaging because it showed no faith in Dixon. Let the kid show you what he could do...even getting the team into FG range gives you some momentum going into halftime.

LasVegasGuy
11-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Just like Belichick going for it on 4th down against the Colts was doubly damaging because it showed no faith in his defense, turtling in a 2 minute drill with one timeout in your pocket is doubly damaging because it showed no faith in Dixon. Let the kid show you what he could do...even getting the team into FG range gives you some momentum going into halftime.

Wholly Crap, Ruthless finally questioned something about the Steelers :Beer .

frankthetank1
11-30-2009, 12:02 AM

Thats exactly what we needed to do. There is a reason Dixon is in the NFL. If you can't trust the guy to run your offense then why the hell is he on the team? I don't care if he is a 2nd year player or not. We had enough time and a timeout to at least ry to get into field goal range. You can say this was smart coaching but your only fooling yourself.

Football is about opportunities. We had an opportunity to run the 2:00 offense and try and get at least 3 instead Tomlin puts his stamp of approval on going to the prevent offense. What a crock of sh&t. I guess for Tomlin losing by 3 is better then losing by 30. This douche needs to pack his bags this isn't Steeler football.

you must of hated to see dixon run 20 yards for a td. if the steelers win this game with their #3 qb starting what will you have bad to say about tomlin tomorrow. lets go ravens right?!!! :tt2 :tt2

LasVegasGuy
11-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Now that is more like it. We may still lose this game but at least we are going down swinging. Perfect call by Arians and possibly Tomlin on the Dixon run.

LasVegasGuy
11-30-2009, 12:06 AM

you must of hated to see dixon run 20 yards for a td. if the steelers win this game with their #3 qb starting what will you have bad to say about tomlin tomorrow. lets go ravens right?!!! :tt2 :tt2

Nope. I will still be questioning the last first half drive and why we didn't use Dixon just like we did on the scoring drive. Remember we are only up by 3 when we could be up by 6 or 10 big difference. If we lose this game we may look back at that drive and wish we did things differently.

LasVegasGuy
11-30-2009, 12:22 AM
NOW HOW IMPORTANT WAS THE DRIVE AT THE END OF THE HALF!

You can't squander opportunties and having 1:45 and 1 timeout is a wasted opportunity.