PDA

View Full Version : Gay Abused Again

steelz09
11-29-2009, 09:38 PM
William Gay is getting absolutely abused early. Will he actually play a bit of defense? Each time the the WR catches the ball, he's like 10 yards away from the receiver.

feltdizz
11-29-2009, 10:00 PM
You would think Gay would be better at man to man coverage

steelz09
11-29-2009, 10:56 PM
hahaha --- you would think so

It's very apparent that other teams realize that Gay is the weakest link

pittpete
11-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Gay makes some nice tackles, but is really bad at coverage.
He looks really scared and lost on some plays.
Our other DB's are suffering from Dwayne Washington syndrome.
They can never ever get an INT.
Its like they needs glasses our some kind of vision aid..
It really shows how great Troy is.....

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Gay made the biggest play on defense so far forcing the fumble. That should quiet some of the Gay bashing for a while.

Starlifter
11-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Gay made the biggest play on defense so far forcing the fumble. That should quiet some of the Gay bashing for a while.

not for me. this isn't just one game or one play. the guy has been getting torched all year. shoot, he almost single handedly kept detroit in the game.....

steelz09
11-29-2009, 11:11 PM

Are you referring to gay bashing or... gay bashing :)

Your bound to cause a fumble at some point you let the WR catch the ball every time.

Shoe
11-29-2009, 11:39 PM
YOU F-N SUCK GAY. YOU TACKLE LIKE YOUR NAME.

Starlifter
squared up on ray rice and he didn't even get a PIECE of him........

birtikidis
I'm usually not a gay basher.
I just don't think i need to hear how great gay is.
he's blown for most of this game.
the weakest link on the field

Shoe
11-29-2009, 11:41 PM

On a 3rd & 12 when your only job is to get him on the ground (as opposed to having to attempt to stop him to little/no gain).

cruzer8
11-29-2009, 11:44 PM

Rice has been doing that to people all season.

Steel Life
11-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Sh!t - they all need to practice tackling...it was atrocious. I would like to see a playmaking corner on this D & Deshea to retire he just doesn't have it anymore.

Shoe
11-30-2009, 02:32 AM

Rice has been doing that to people all season.

PUHLEASE.
It's not even like it was 3rd & short, and he was being asked to stop a shifty stump like Rice.

It was 3rd & 12. KNOW THE SITUATION, Fag. All you need to do is tackle him. Be it right there. Give up 3 yards. Give up 6 yards. Whatever. It's fine.

But to whiff. Untouched. That is ridiculous.

We all will be thinking about this kind of play all night--this thoughless Fag is probably whooping it up in the club.

feltdizz
11-30-2009, 03:07 AM
wow.. just wow... i hated the play too but to act like Gay was the only one Rice abused is hilarious.. 2 others whiffed as well. Gay sucks in coverage but hell, all our DB's suck in coverage right now.. they play prevent all game.

Starlifter
11-30-2009, 03:50 AM
we can all find other players who messed up tonight. gay seemed to stand out more than most and has not had a very good year imo. having said that this is again a complete letdown by the defense. 3rd and 22 with 3:30 to go and they let the rats go 60 yards in 2 plays to tie the game. that's the ENTIRE defense letting us down. 4th time this year they had a lead and blew it at the end of the game.

3rd and 22. that sums up the season.

Oviedo
11-30-2009, 08:58 AM
I think the thing that concerns me with Gay is by now he has to know the opponents are going to attack him but he hasn't seemed to be able to make the adjustments necessary to make any plays.

When he was a back up and rotating with McFadden he seems to have an eye for the ball and got some picks but now he is really struggling and isn't even near the receivers. If the season is going down the tubes then why not get Keenan Lewis or Joe Burnett some reps?

BTW--Deshea also looked lost out there last couple of games. I think we know he will be playing his last season as a Steeler. In the draft we need to get a top line safety and probably another CB.

papillon
11-30-2009, 09:18 AM
we can all find other players who messed up tonight. gay seemed to stand out more than most and has not had a very good year imo. having said that this is again a complete letdown by the defense. 3rd and 22 with 3:30 to go and they let the rats go 60 yards in 2 plays to tie the game. that's the ENTIRE defense letting us down. 4th time this year they had a lead and blew it at the end of the game.

3rd and anything sums up the defense this year; they simply can't get off the field consistently enough on third down.

Pappy

SteelAbility
11-30-2009, 09:46 AM

3rd and anything sums up the defense this year; they simply can't get off the field consistently enough on third down.

Pappy

Actually they did "get off the field" on that down IN JUST ABOUT ANY OTHER SITUATION. The point is they "managed" to give the Ravens a manageable 4th down.

papillon
11-30-2009, 10:05 AM

Pappy

Actually they did "get off the field" on that down IN JUST ABOUT ANY OTHER SITUATION. The point is they "managed" to give the Ravens a manageable 4th down.

If they aren't off the field, they aren't off the field and the Raven's offense stayed on the field and then converted the 4th down. To me that is not getting off the field on 3rd down, even if you stop them short of the sticks. On 3rd and 22 you can give up 12 or 13 yards and probably force the Ravens into a punt and using their timeouts on defense. Giving up 17 yards is unacceptable and at that position of the field almost certainly gives them the go ahead to try and make 5 yards.

Pappy

JTP53609
11-30-2009, 10:20 AM
he did somehow make a positive play and helped force a fumble, but my gosh is he TERRIBLE. cant tackle, cant catch, cant cover, all and all, a horrendous cornerback, but he does know how to celebrate after a tackle when he does somehow get them once every game

Ghost
11-30-2009, 10:38 AM
When Gay is out there he is the worst player on the field for either team, no matter the opponent.

Allowing 17 yards on 3rd and 22 is not doing the job. You've just told the other team that picking up large chunks is doable so they might as well go for it on 4th and 5. After the 3rd down pick up the Ravens had nothing to lose by going for it on 4th.

LouSteel
11-30-2009, 12:10 PM
He's a Cover 2 corner. I saw a lot of him at UofL and that's where he will excel...

Matter of fact, we have a lot of prototypical cover 2 guys on our roster...

Hmm... :stirpot :D

SteelAbility
11-30-2009, 12:57 PM

Pappy

If they aren't off the field, they aren't off the field and the Raven's offense stayed on the field and then converted the 4th down. To me that is not getting off the field on 3rd down, even if you stop them short of the sticks. On 3rd and 22 you can give up 12 or 13 yards and probably force the Ravens into a punt and using their timeouts on defense. Giving up 17 yards is unacceptable and at that position of the field almost certainly gives them the go ahead to try and make 5 yards.

Pappy

Sorry I'm all pissy because of this loss. I think we are on the same page here. I didn't come across well because I'm feeling very belligerent right now. Yes, 17 yards on 3rd and 22 is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I'm just not thinking straight this morning.

Mel Blount's G
11-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Count me amoung the Gay bashers.

Teams are obviosuly picking on him. Throw the quick out to Ike's side and the guy goes down right away. Throw it to the Gay side and there's 10-20 YAC right there. McFadden was/is a better tackler methinks

NWNewell
11-30-2009, 06:42 PM

lucky strip and he shouldn't have caught the ball in the first place. His number one job is to not get beat over the top.

I can live with him giving up the underneath stuff because he doesn't have the talent to blanket anyone. And if the Steelers have no one else, then we just have to live with that being the week link. Still a tough way to run up the score.

However, when he wiffs on tackles after allowing the underneath stuff and he still gets beat over the top.. that is unacceptable. That is the problem I have with Gay. Not the cushion and the underneath stuff. But the fact that he also gets beat over the top too and misses tackles on the underneath stuff.