PDA

View Full Version : Thank you San Fran, Buffalo and Indy

JAR
11-29-2009, 08:29 PM
you really helped the B and Gs playoff chances today. A win tonight puts the Steelers two games up on in wild card spot.

True Fan
11-29-2009, 08:39 PM
no doubt about it. too bad we have to rely on other teams to keep our playoff hopes alive

papillon
11-29-2009, 08:54 PM
no doubt about it. too bad we have to rely on other teams to keep our playoff hopes alive

The Steelers would have still had their destiny in their own hands even if those teams hadn't won today. They will simply be getting breathing room if they win the game tonight.

Pappy

feltdizz
11-29-2009, 08:55 PM
No doubt TF but we can't win the AFC North every year..

Lebsteel
11-29-2009, 09:04 PM
I was also hoping the Cardinals would take out the Titans. But I give Vince Young credit, he had an incredible game and capped it off with a 99-yard drive in the last two minutes throwing a TD pass as time expired.

True Fan
11-29-2009, 09:04 PM

i realize that, but you sure should when you have the superior team in a weak division

winwithd
11-29-2009, 09:10 PM
I will be rooting for the Titans because I think they can still help us and what a story it would be if they make the playoffs after starting 0 - 6. But I also have to say that they are probably the last team I would want to face in the playoffs.

Jooser
11-29-2009, 09:16 PM

i realize that, but you sure should when you have the superior team in a weak division

So you admit, we're the superior team? interesting.....

Lebsteel
11-29-2009, 09:18 PM
I will be rooting for the Titans because I think they can still help us and what a story it would be if they make the playoffs after starting 0 - 6. But I also have to say that they are probably the last team I would want to face in the playoffs.

How can they help us? I guess if we are tied with them at 10-6, we would have the advantage because we beat them. They play at Indy next week....their remaining schedule against the Dolphins, Rams, Seahawks and Chargers probably won't help us in any way.

Shoe
11-29-2009, 09:23 PM

What do you mean? This game hasn't been played yet??
And as far as I know, we win out, we are 12-4. What 12-4 team needs to rely on anybody? We still control our own destiny.

Wolfhound45
11-29-2009, 09:31 PM
We may control our own destiny, but I will take any help I can get.

As I often say...

"It is better to have and not want, than to want and not have."