PDA

View Full Version : Curious

Flasteel
11-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Why is Ben still active for this game and ready for emergency duty?

If he can't go, he can't go. If you're willing to risk contact in any situation, then you need to strap it on and get out there. Part of me is glad he is there if we truly need him, but another part of me is like :wft

In searching for the silver linings, we do get a chance to see what we have in Dixon, if the team is capable of relying on the running game, and if this team can collectively pick up their game.

This is just not the best game to try it.

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2009, 06:18 PM
There is no downfall to having Ben as the designated emergency QB. The 3rd QB does not count among the 45 active players, so suiting him up is not taking away a spot from someone else. The only way it makes a difference is if both Dixon and Palko somehow get hurt, then Ben is a better option than throwing Hines back there at QB without being in a QB meeting since he was back at Georgia over a decade ago.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
11-29-2009, 08:20 PM
In searching for the silver linings, we do get a chance to see what we have in Dixon, if the team is capable of relying on the running game, and if this team can collectively pick up their game.

This is just not the best game to try it.

Couldn't agree more, but strangley I have a good feeling about this game. Dixon was really something specialat Oregon before he was injured. His arm is live and his legs/speed is tormenting to defenses.