PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin gets a free pass this weekend

LasVegasGuy
11-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Tomlin probably had "sleepless" nights this week thinking about what he would say to the media, team and the Rooney's if we lost 3 in a row, fell out of the playoffs and dropped a "must win" game to the Ravens.

Now he can just blame it on Ben being out. Don't be surprised if Tomlin asked him to sit. Seems kind of weird Ben all week said he passed every test thrown his way with flying colors. Sounds like Tomlin got involved to save his own butt. Just sayin'

Jooser
11-29-2009, 02:23 PM
:Blah can it.

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah, Tomlin is afraid of big, bad Baltimore. After all, those Ravens beat Tomlin's Steelers 3 times last year, right? :)

Steelerphile
11-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Tomlin probably had "sleepless" nights this week thinking about what he would say to the media, team and the Rooney's if we lost 3 in a row, fell out of the playoffs and dropped a "must win" game to the Ravens.

Now he can just blame it on Ben being out. Don't be surprised if Tomlin asked him to sit. Seems kind of weird Ben all week said he passed every test thrown his way with flying colors. Sounds like Tomlin got involved to save his own butt. Just sayin'

This is a ludicrous statement. We know you want Tomlin out of there real bad and everything, but it's going to take a lot more losing before he is gone. The Rooneys are not Dan Snyder or Al Davis who change coaches every few years.

The only way I can see Tomlin getting fired is if you and some of your buddies pull off a "Mission Impossible" caper. You must create makeup and a plastic face that can make you look exactly like Dan Rooney II. Then your group kidnaps the real Dan Rooney II, you, in your disguise, hastily call a press conference where you announce the firing of Tomlin and the hiring of Russ Grimm or another white coach.

Might work for a while. It does on TV.

feltdizz
11-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Tomlin asked for Ben to sit? LoL... He also put on a KC helmet and caused the concussion and was seen hitting Ben with a sock full of pennies after Thursdays practice...
:wft the Tomlin haters Internet connections must run on 2nd hand meth smoke and moonshine?

True Fan
11-29-2009, 05:48 PM

the 'black' coach supporters will use this as an excuse for the rest of this season and the off saeason.

Flasteel
11-29-2009, 05:51 PM

the 'black' coach supporters will use this as an excuse for the rest of this season and the off saeason.

This is why a lot of folks consider you a troll.

It also looks like you have a a pretty grim outlook for tonight's game as well as the rest of the season.

Steel Life
11-29-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't think he'll get as much of a pass as you think...the STs will still be scrutinized to death & the defense will need to step up, especially with - & I can't believe I'm saying this - the return of Kirschke. This is a game where you can see the value of coaching - does Arians construct a game-plan suited Dixon's abilities & strengths or does he stubbornly go with the same offense that Ben was running...or do they turtle all night long, just plunging Mendenhall into the line time after time? Either way, it'll be a learning experience for everyone involved.

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2009, 06:31 PM

This is a ludicrous statement. We know you want Tomlin out of there real bad and everything, but it's going to take a lot more losing before he is gone. The Rooneys are not Dan Snyder or Al Davis who change coaches every few years.

The only way I can see Tomlin getting fired is if you and some of your buddies pull off a "Mission Impossible" caper. You must create makeup and a plastic face that can make you look exactly like Dan Rooney II. Then your group kidnaps the real Dan Rooney II, you, in your disguise, hastily call a press conference where you announce the firing of Tomlin and the hiring of Russ Grimm or another white coach.

Might work for a while. It does on TV.

It's Art Rooney II, but I get the idea. Wouldn't it be easier to frame Tomlin for some horrible crime? You could hire Omar Epps and videotape him doing something awful, and then send the tape to the Rooneys. No one would know the difference. :twisted:

feltdizz
11-29-2009, 07:01 PM
The "black" coach supporters? Yep... Cuz we all hated the Steelers until Tomlin came along. We also hate those dreaded black jerseys... This is why we wore white in the last 2 SB's. We loved when the White coach lost all those AFCCG's... Who cares if we lose or win anyway. The owner is white so it's a win regardless...

I love how people play victim while screaming about "those people" claiming to play victim

LasVegasGuy
11-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Tomlin asked for Ben to sit? LoL... He also put on a KC helmet and caused the concussion and was seen hitting Ben with a sock full of pennies after Thursdays practice...
:wft the Tomlin haters Internet connections must run on 2nd hand meth smoke and moonshine?

He might as well have. If he had them ready to play against the Chiefs, after an embarassing loss to the Bengals the week before, we wouldn't have needed overtime.
If we didn't go into overtime we wouldn't have lost Ben or Batch to injuries.

I blame those injuries on the coach and his lack of preparation for the Chiefs game.

LasVegasGuy
11-29-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't think he'll get as much of a pass as you think...the STs will still be scrutinized to death & the defense will need to step up, especially with - & I can't believe I'm saying this - the return of Kirschke. This is a game where you can see the value of coaching - does Arians construct a game-plan suited Dixon's abilities & strengths or does he stubbornly go with the same offense that Ben was running...or do they turtle all night long, just plunging Mendenhall into the line time after time? Either way, it'll be a learning experience for everyone involved.

Or the lack of. We saw Belicheat take his team to 11-5 with a quarterback that didn't start a game since high school. Let's see what Tomlin can do for one game.

feltdizz
11-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm only responding for entertainment purposes and know you are a flaming Tomlin hater but dude... While you can blame Tomlin for the team being undisciplined or ST's challanged you cannot blame Tomlin for injuries unless it's a blowout and he still has Ben in the game.

One other thing... Cassell and Bellicheat were abused by Tomlin last year yet you use Billicheat as the barometer like Tomlin didn't win the SB last year...

Oh yeah... I forgot, you want us to resign Tomlin so we can see what he does 8 years fromnow once every Cowher player is gone... Pure idiocy

Steel Life
11-29-2009, 07:23 PM

He might as well have. If he had them ready to play against the Chiefs, after an embarassing loss to the Bengals the week before, we wouldn't have needed overtime.

I blame those injuries on the coach and his lack of preparation for the Chiefs game.
Huh?...I can understand that in every game - win or loss - the coaching can be scrutinized (especially if Arians is involved), but I don't see where you attributed the player's lack of execution or bad luck to any of the losses either. But both Ben's & Batch's injuries came from hits during the normal course of the game & could've happened at any point. I believe that last week Tomlin took a bullet to keep the masses from storming Arians' house & hope that the players realize that they're the ones who are really letting this season slip away (you hear me Santonio?).

snarky
11-29-2009, 07:26 PM
I heard Tomlin sabotaged promising research on the creation of a time machine and is therefore single-handedly responsible for the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor.

feltdizz
11-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Tomlin is responsible for global warming.. All those fans cheering last year during the SB parade caused an intense amount of carbon dioxide to carve a large "black hole" in the ozone...

Not just a hole... A BLACK HOLE.

Steel Life
11-29-2009, 07:37 PM

Or the lack of. We saw Belicheat take his team to 11-5 with a quarterback that didn't start a game since high school. Let's see what Tomlin can do for one game.
Agreed & it's a valid point...but face it, this one game in no way defines him any more than the Super Bowl win does. If they lose it'll be blown off as the reason Ben is so important to the team & the summation of injuries. But if they win...what then?

BTW...remember that the P*ts play in the AFC Least & no matter their record, they weren't anything to be feared.

True Fan
11-29-2009, 08:37 PM
The "black" coach supporters? Yep... Cuz we all hated the Steelers until Tomlin came along. We also hate those dreaded black jerseys... This is why we wore white in the last 2 SB's. We loved when the White coach lost all those AFCCG's... Who cares if we lose or win anyway. The owner is white so it's a win regardless...

I love how people play victim while screaming about "those people" claiming to play victim

pot, meet kettle

feltdizz
11-29-2009, 08:46 PM
We all scrutinize the losses because we don't lose that much...

But like steel life said... Do those who hate Tomlin breakdown the wins and dissect the SB win and hold it as the defining moment of Tomlins career? No... However one loss with a 3rd string QB will be his undoing... But if we win against Baltimore then what?

Some dude last year kept saying next week our OL will be exposed and then it was the next week, then the playoffs then he dissappeared. Another said Whiz won a playoff game first and challanged Tomlin... Then we met and won the SB and then he too dissappeared.

I give LVG credit because he hasn't dissappeared yet he does tend to take vacations win we are on winning streaks...

feltdizz
11-29-2009, 08:50 PM

pot, meet kettle
The only victims on this board are the Tomlin haters who had to witness a SB victory last year.

bostonsteeler
11-29-2009, 08:58 PM

pot, meet kettle
The only victims on this board are the Tomlin haters who had to witness a SB victory last year.

Dizz,

Not sure where the skin color / race thing comes in here.

We pooped on Cowher in 06 although Ben was in bad shape. I've cursed him soundly after flying to Pgh for an AFC loss. I've hated and spouted about him etc. as have half this board after each bullheaded gameplan/decision of his. We've called him unintelligent, insect brain, whatnot. But when he finally won, it was all forgiven. Then when he began losing again, it came right back.

Has nothing to do with race.

We hate losing. Right now the BA hate is way higher than any MT scrutiny, in case you haven't noticed.

But if the team continues to play listlessly MT will get flak and rightly so.

And yes, today is MT's night to display his mettle. Come out with an intelligent game plan and win or lose, we'll all give him props. Come out listless again and he'll get crap.

True Fan
11-29-2009, 09:08 PM

pot, meet kettle

Dizz,

We pooped on Cowher in 06 although Ben was in bad shape. I've cursed him soundly after flying to Pgh for an AFC loss. I've hated and spouted about him etc. as have half this board after each bullheaded gameplan/decision of his. We've called him unintelligent, insect brain, whatnot. But when he finally won, it was all forgiven. Then when he began losing again, it came right back.

We hate losing. Right now the BA hate is way higher than any MT scrutiny, in case you haven't noticed.

And yes, today is MT's night to display his mettle. Come out with an intelligent game plan and win or lose, we'll all give him props. Come out listless again and he'll get crap.

great post.
i dont seem to recall anyone calling the arians bashers racist...........funny how that works

feltdizz
11-29-2009, 09:22 PM

pot, meet kettle

Dizz,

Boston... I don't see where the blind eye comes in here... True fan said fans of black coaches give tomlin a pass...

Please read all the post before diving in... The question about black coaches should have been a clear indicator...

LasVegasGuy
11-29-2009, 09:36 PM

pot, meet kettle

Dizz,

Spot on, Boston.

feltdizz
11-29-2009, 09:57 PM
You guy watch a lot of Fox News huh? The old bait and switch ehh?

Great post Boston... way to ignore true fans racist post and focus on the rebuttle as the incendiary post that started it all. :stirpot

eniparadoxgma
11-29-2009, 11:56 PM

Wow. I really believe that that is one of the dumbest things I've ever read in my life.

Good job lol.

eniparadoxgma
11-29-2009, 11:59 PM

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4716/1257135739339.png (http://img121.imageshack.us/i/1257135739339.png/)

eniparadoxgma
11-30-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm only responding for entertainment purposes and know you are a flaming Tomlin hater but dude... While you can blame Tomlin for the team being undisciplined or ST's challanged you cannot blame Tomlin for injuries unless it's a blowout and he still has Ben in the game.

One other thing... Cassell and Bellicheat were abused by Tomlin last year yet you use Billicheat as the barometer like Tomlin didn't win the SB last year...

Oh yeah... I forgot, you want us to resign Tomlin so we can see what he does 8 years fromnow once every Cowher player is gone... Pure idiocy

Great post. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

bostonsteeler
11-30-2009, 03:33 AM
Well,

After all was said and done today..

I think MT did OK. BA got a passing grade (could've done better, but did get us in reasonable position). But Old Man LeBeau must retire. I'm getting sick of his 10 and 20 yard cushions. Last year was the only year in almost a decade that we had a good pass D, and now its back to sheit..

Dixon did well too, although maybe his missing the wide open Miller in OT (on the long pass on 3rd down) may have cost us the game too -- Miller was good for a clean ten yards or more there.

Did I mention -- our D stinks?

BURGH86STEEL
11-30-2009, 07:50 AM

pot, meet kettle

Dizz,

With Vegas Guy it has everything to do with race. He has been going after Tomlin since day one. He did not like the Tomlin hiring to begin with.

bostonsteeler
11-30-2009, 09:01 AM

pot, meet kettle

Dizz,

With Vegas Guy it has everything to do with race. He has been going after Tomlin since day one. He did not like the Tomlin hiring to begin with.

Sad.
But the best way to deal with race-colored comments is ignore them. If you respond to them, regardless of your response you give the poster the positive feedback of getting a rise out of you.

feltdizz
11-30-2009, 10:23 AM
:Agree

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Dixon did well too, although maybe his missing the wide open Miller in OT (on the long pass on 3rd down) may have cost us the game too -- Miller was good for a clean ten yards or more there.

:Agree

Heath was wiiiiiiiiiiide open on that play. I think he was underused as a receiver in general in this game. TE's are a great safety valve for young QB's.

LasVegasGuy
12-01-2009, 01:49 PM

pot, meet kettle

Dizz,

Is that what STLRZD is telling you? :roll: Can you find a post of mine where race is brought up? That's what I thought.

If I am guilty of anything it is bringing up whether or not Tomlin got the job over Whisenhunt because of the Rooney Rule. I also think the Rooneys would have been called hypocrits if they created the rule, and on the first opportunity to replace their head coach, they didn't hire a minority. I personally think the Rooney's were pigeon holed into this hire.

Black, White, Brown, Red or Chinese Tomlin blows as a head coach. A few more losses and no playoffs I fully expect a few of you guys to come around.

RuthlessBurgher
12-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Is that what STLRZD is telling you? :roll: Can you find a post of mine where race is brought up? That's what I thought.

If I am guilty of anything it is bringing up whether or not Tomlin got the job over Whisenhunt because of the Rooney Rule. I also think the Rooneys would have been called hypocrits if they created the rule, and on the first opportunity to replace their head coach, they didn't hire a minority. I personally think the Rooney's were pigeon holed into this hire.

Black, White, Brown, Red or Chinese Tomlin blows as a head coach. A few more losses and no playoffs I fully expect a few of you guys to come around.

I still don't think this team misses the playoffs this year, but even if Tomlin's team missed the playoffs for 3 years in a row (like Cowher did with a 7-9, 6-10, and 9-7 from 98-00...in his 7th, 8th, and 9th seasons when he finally had his own team instead of Noll's players :wink: ), he still wouldn't blow as a head coach.

Jeff Fisher's teams missed the playoffs 9 out of his 15 seasons as a head coach (with no Super Bowl rings as a head coach). Does he blow?

LasVegasGuy
12-01-2009, 05:27 PM

I still don't think this team misses the playoffs this year, but even if Tomlin's team missed the playoffs for 3 years in a row (like Cowher did with a 7-9, 6-10, and 9-7 from 98-00...in his 7th, 8th, and 9th seasons when he finally had his own team instead of Noll's players :wink: ), he still wouldn't blow as a head coach.

Jeff Fisher's teams missed the playoffs 9 out of his 15 seasons as a head coach (with no Super Bowl rings as a head coach). Does he blow?

The Rooney's probably have spent more money on keeping this nucleus of players around then I can ever remember as a Steeler fan. Cowher was never afforded that luxury. If Tomlin doesn't get to the playoffs after the Rooneys invested millions upon millions on this core of players it will not sit well with them and I can guarantee you that. Wouldn't surprise me if he played out his final year of his contract without an extension if we miss the playoffs.

eniparadoxgma
12-01-2009, 06:22 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1044 ... lay-Sunday (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10442208/Steelers-expect-Roethlisberger-to-play-Sunday)

"I understand that if we allowed Ben to play that we'd be open to questions in regards to that. I thought that if we didn't allow Ben to play, that we'd be open to questions in regards to that. Really, it was irrelevant in terms of my decision making. I was more concerned about doing what was right. Medical experts suggested he not play, so we didn't play him."

Try again. This one was too easy.

Btw, I thought you had given up for the year...and weren't going to be back on Steelers boards? What happened?

LasVegasGuy
12-01-2009, 07:49 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1044 ... lay-Sunday (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10442208/Steelers-expect-Roethlisberger-to-play-Sunday)

"I understand that if we allowed Ben to play that we'd be open to questions in regards to that. I thought that if we didn't allow Ben to play, that we'd be open to questions in regards to that. Really, it was irrelevant in terms of my decision making. I was more concerned about doing what was right. Medical experts suggested he not play, so we didn't play him."

Btw, I thought you had given up for the year...and weren't going to be back on Steelers boards? What happened?

That was the Tavern and I did it out of respect for the guys that created the message board. Didn't want to post negativity over there and bring the rest of the group down. Besides you guys expect it from me over here. By the way did I mention Tomlin sucks?

That was too easy.

eniparadoxgma
12-01-2009, 08:10 PM

That was the Tavern and I did it out of respect for the guys that created the message board. Didn't want to post negativity over there and bring the rest of the group down. Besides you guys expect it from me over here. By the way did I mention Tomlin sucks?

That was too easy.

Got ya. I thought it was a generic "Goodbye Cruel Message Board" speech. I wasn't aware it was just for that site.

Btw, way to bypass the facts that cause your "theory" to be BS. Then again, I really don't expect anything else from you anymore. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ghettoscott
12-01-2009, 08:45 PM
it sucks this thread has 3 pages....i miss the Trib's ignore button.

feltdizz
12-01-2009, 09:30 PM

So you are mad because the Rooneys didn't give a "white" coach a chance to win with Cowhers players? Is that the bulk of your argument? I'm not trying to be funny either..

I just don't see how any other hire would stop anyone from saying Cowhers players won the SB..

Maybe you hate all coaches and would use it for anyone who was hired... I hope that's true.. it's sad, but hey.. Sorry to say but you do have all the characteristics of a troll, a non-fan. A guy who pouts when we win and smirks when we lose..

If we miss the playoffs Tomlin and the team will hear about it.. hell, we are not happy about it now.. but only one who takes pride in his ignorance would scream for Tomlin's head one year after a SB victory.

JTP53609
12-02-2009, 02:20 PM

i often disagree with you, but i do agree with this to a certain extent, if we took care of the chiefs the way we should have, than there would be no overtime which means no concussions and injuries to other players in overtime....heath miller has also had one of the worst 2 games stretches in his career, and that interception off his hands really cost us.....but the poor tackling, lack of discipline and dull performances to inferior teams, they are a reflection to the coach at times...

feltdizz
12-02-2009, 03:21 PM

i often disagree with you, but i do agree with this to a certain extent, if we took care of the chiefs the way we should have, than there would be no overtime which means no concussions and injuries to other players in overtime....heath miller has also had one of the worst 2 games stretches in his career, and that interception off his hands really cost us.....but the poor tackling, lack of discipline and dull performances to inferior teams, they are a reflection to the coach at times...

I could see if Tomlin made an error with a challenge.. or went for it on 4th down in our own territory..

but to say Tomlin is responsible for injuries is hilarious.. the players left plays out their on the field and thus we went to OT.. we had turnovers galore too...

JTP53609
12-02-2009, 03:41 PM

I could see if Tomlin made an error with a challenge.. or went for it on 4th down in our own territory..

but to say Tomlin is responsible for injuries is hilarious.. the players left plays out their on the field and thus we went to OT.. we had turnovers galore too...

i will not blame tomlin for the injuries, but i think it is fair to put some blame on him for the poor tackling, bad penalties, horrendous special teams (thanks again to tackling) and the constant struggle against inferior opponents. Had we taken care of business all along like we should, than maybe those injuries dont happen because there is no need for overtime or playing our key older players in the fourth qtr (aaron smith in detroit)

papillon
12-02-2009, 04:26 PM

Calling out a poster that isn't even involved in the discussion is bad form. You did it at the Tavern as well and "Stlrz d" doesn't even post there (to my knowledge). I don't agree with some of his opinions, but I don't call him out when he's not involved in the debate.

If he joins in and you want to let him have it, feel free, but, it's lame to attack anyone when they aren't even part of the discussion.

Pappy

LasVegasGuy
12-02-2009, 05:29 PM

Calling out a poster that isn't even involved in the discussion is bad form. You did it at the Tavern as well and "Stlrz d" doesn't even post there (to my knowledge). I don't agree with some of his opinions, but I don't call him out when he's not involved in the debate.

If he joins in and you want to let him have it, feel free, but, it's lame to attack anyone when they aren't even part of the discussion.

Pappy

This statment is calling someone out? If I was going to call him out I wouldn't be so nice.

Go cry me a river.

BURGH86STEEL
12-02-2009, 06:48 PM

No one is telling me anything. How many fans have a problem with the Rooney rule? You seem to be the only one that has an issue with the rule. I can't think of any other fans that had an issue in regards to that rule.

If I remember correctly, Whiz took the job in AZ before the organization made their decision. What if the decision ultimately came down to Whiz's and Ben's dislike for one another? What if Cowher suggested the not hire Whiz? I guess we will never know.

Tomlin blows as a head coach? I wonder how someone reaches that conclusion with such a small sample size. One thing is certain, Tomlin has gotten off to a pretty go start to his coaching career. Time will tell if he can help the organization maintain a high level of consistency. It is to soon to be critical of Tomlin. You make yourself look foolish after the guy just helped the organization win another SB.

eniparadoxgma
12-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Bump. 8)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1044 ... lay-Sunday

LasVegasGuy
12-02-2009, 08:33 PM

No one is telling me anything. How many fans have a problem with the Rooney rule? You seem to be the only one that has an issue with the rule. I can't think of any other fans that had an issue in regards to that rule.

If I remember correctly, Whiz took the job in AZ before the organization made their decision. What if the decision ultimately came down to Whiz's and Ben's dislike for one another? What if Cowher suggested the not hire Whiz? I guess we will never know.

Tomlin blows as a head coach? I wonder how someone reaches that conclusion with such a small sample size. One thing is certain, Tomlin has gotten off to a pretty go start to his coaching career. Time will tell if he can help the organization maintain a high level of consistency. It is to soon to be critical of Tomlin. You make yourself look foolish after the guy just helped the organization win another SB.

Should we even care what Ben thinks? He was under contract and he plays for whoever is hired end of story. Do you really think every player on their current team likes their coach? How many of us everyday people like our boss? It just comes with the territory. And yes, Whiz did leave for AZ but probably wouldn't have if the Rooney's weren't dragging their feet through the mud trying to find that minorirty to hire to make themselves look good because they created the Rooney Rule. Whiz's qualification were no less then Tomlin's. He was already part of the Steelers and would have been an easy transition instead we felt a need to hire Tomlin. I don't get it and probably never will. Plus, who cares what Cowher thinks on who should or shouldn't be the next head coach. If he was that concerned about the Steelers he should have honored the last year of his contract.

Like you said only time will tell about Tomlin and right now I don't see him coaching the Steelers for a very long time if we keep underachieving.

papillon
12-02-2009, 09:40 PM

Pappy

This statment is calling someone out? If I was going to call him out I wouldn't be so nice.

Go cry me a river.

We all know your history with him, you're calling him out and it's easy to see. Wait for him to show up and debate him or chastise him or try to embarrass him, but do it like a man and not when he isn't even involved in the discussion. That's weak.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
12-03-2009, 10:58 AM

Should we even care what Ben thinks? He was under contract and he plays for whoever is hired end of story. Do you really think every player on their current team likes their coach? How many of us everyday people like our boss? It just comes with the territory. And yes, Whiz did leave for AZ but probably wouldn't have if the Rooney's weren't dragging their feet through the mud trying to find that minorirty to hire to make themselves look good because they created the Rooney Rule. Whiz's qualification were no less then Tomlin's. He was already part of the Steelers and would have been an easy transition instead we felt a need to hire Tomlin. I don't get it and probably never will. Plus, who cares what Cowher thinks on who should or shouldn't be the next head coach. If he was that concerned about the Steelers he should have honored the last year of his contract.

Like you said only time will tell about Tomlin and right now I don't see him coaching the Steelers for a very long time if we keep underachieving.

Tomlin wasn't interviewed because of the Rooney Rule. The team had already interviewed Ron Rivera, so they did not have to interview anymore minorities after that. They were simply looking for the best man for the job...skin color be damned.

And you talk about an "easy transition" with Whisenhunt if he were hired. The transition with Tomlin seemed pretty smooth to me, winning a Super Bowl title in his second year over your boy Whiz.

Bringing in new coaching blood provided just enough of a shock to the system of the players to get them out of the complacency rut they experienced in 2006 under Cowher, Whisenhunt, and Grimm, while keeping enough of the former coaching staff to make the transition smooth.

aggiebones
12-03-2009, 11:37 AM
This is the most ignorant line of thought from a sports fan ever. Vegas, you are a moron extraordinaire.
Your logic is so ludicrous that noone can possibly doubt that you hate Tomlin for being black.

Others have made acceptable arguments for not liking his coaching style or whatever. you clearly are not a real football fan and are here clearly because you are mad the Steelers hired a black coach. Embarrassing for you and you alone.

Congrads Vegas, this is officially the dumbest statement I have ever seen on a sports forum:
"'Or the lack of. We saw Belicheat take his team to 11-5 with a quarterback that didn't start a game since high school. Let's see what Tomlin can do for one game."