PDA

View Full Version : Raven's prediction thread...now that Ben is out

skyhawk
11-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Steelers 10
Ravens 16

RuthlessBurgher
11-28-2009, 05:32 PM
As long as we put an end to our streak of 8 straight games allowing a non-offensive TD (via kick return, INT return, or fumble return), we can still beat these bastages. In the last 3 weeks, the Ravens have scored 15, 16, and 7 points against the Colts, Browns, and Bengals defenses.

Dixon's Steelers 13
Flacco's Ravens 10

D Rock
11-28-2009, 07:48 PM
The Raven's defense, while still really good, is only a shell of the feared unit it has been the rest of this decade.

Their offense is also very up and down.

And after two lousy weeks the vets and stars of the Steelers have a young QB to rally around and give their best effort of the season. I think this ends up being the best collective effort towards playing a full 60 minutes of football that the Steelers have put in all year.

Steelers 24
Ravens 16

Chadman
11-28-2009, 07:54 PM
It'll be the night we all sit back and bathe in the glory that comes from supporting a team that is lead by James Harrison.

Steelers 17

Ravens 3

Steeler Shades
11-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Ratbirds 20
Steelers 10
8)

pfelix73
11-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Rats 2
Stillers 0

Blitz-en
11-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Ravens score on a pick 6......atleast. The Ravens D shuts down the run, forces Pittsburgh to throw. It won't be much better throwing the ball. Ben stands on the sideline grimicing and wearing his baseball hat backwards. Defense for Pittsburgh continues to squander opportunities to put teams away. Return team continues to fail to block anybody for one of the most dangerous return men in the league.

Rats 30
Steelers 10

I hope I'm dead wrong. I'll root for my Steelers till the end. But, I have little confidence in this team after losing to the crappy Chiefs. Now, how should I get back that confidence when the team puts a perfectly healthy franchise QB down and starts the 3rd stringer against the Ravens D????

It will take something abnormal to happen to have the Steelers come out victorious!

MaxAMillion
11-28-2009, 11:37 PM
No Troy and No Ben equal no chance. Plus Dixon didn't even get to work with the first team this week leading up to practice. This is a recipe for disaster.

Ravens 27
Steelers 10

skyhawk
11-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Certainly Ben is a good QB. And troy is otherworldly.

But how mediocre at best is this team without them? That is telling. So are these predictions.

Crazy that they won the Super Bowl last year. The pundits said that the Steelers may have not been the best team last year. They just won the Super Bowl.

Shoe
11-28-2009, 11:51 PM
I can't accurately predict this team... they could get dominated, and I could also see them bring home an inspirational, tough, gutty win. Who knows.

Mendenhall should have a chip on his shoulder (figuratively :wink: ), playing the team and the player who KTFO for the season last year.

I expect us to limit their big plays on offense, as is our custom. IF WE CAN HOLD THEM TO NO RETURN TD's (which we all no is a significant IF), then it's all on Dixon and the O playing a conservative game. If we can get to the 4th in a 13-10, 10-7 game... what more can we ask for?

skyhawk
11-28-2009, 11:57 PM
I can't accurately predict this team... they could get dominated, and I could also see them bring home an inspirational, tough, gutty win. Who knows.

Mendenhall should have a chip on his shoulder (figuratively :wink: ), playing the team and the player who KTFO for the season last year.

I expect us to limit their big plays on offense, as is our custom. IF WE CAN HOLD THEM TO NO RETURN TD's (which we all no is a significant IF), then it's all on Dixon and the O playing a conservative game. If we can get to the 4th in a 13-10, 10-7 game... what more can we ask for?

True, but Ben has trouble winning (not all his fault) those 13-10, 10-7 games against the Ravens. How is Dixon to fare better?

Wolfhound45
11-29-2009, 12:01 AM
I predict pain. Lots of it.

:oops:

Steelers - 6
Rats - 10

:(

Late TD seals the deal and puts 2009 into a further tailspin.

Shoe
11-29-2009, 12:57 AM

True, but Ben has trouble winning (not all his fault) those 13-10, 10-7 games against the Ravens. How is Dixon to fare better?

Well, I'm sorry to say that that's the most likely scenario for us to win this game.
Truth is, you are a myopic if you think this team will certainly pull it off--we have TERRIBLE kick coverage, our D is not slam-the-door-shut dominant without 43...

The most dependable part of our team, in a lot of ways (and especially with no Troy, Aaron) is our offense. Trouble being: we have the 90th best QB in the league (just arbitrary number, 32 starters, 32 #2', etc.) pulling the trigger for us.

Oviedo
11-29-2009, 03:25 AM
Ravens score on a pick 6......atleast. The Ravens D shuts down the run, forces Pittsburgh to throw. It won't be much better throwing the ball. Ben stands on the sideline grimicing and wearing his baseball hat backwards. Defense for Pittsburgh continues to squander opportunities to put teams away. Return team continues to fail to block anybody for one of the most dangerous return men in the league.

Rats 30
Steelers 10

I hope I'm dead wrong. I'll root for my Steelers till the end. But, I have little confidence in this team after losing to the crappy Chiefs. Now, how should I get back that confidence when the team puts a perfectly healthy franchise QB down and starts the 3rd stringer against the Ravens D????

It will take something abnormal to happen to have the Steelers come out victorious!

Now, how should I get back that confidence when the team puts a perfectly healthy franchise QB down and starts the 3rd stringer against the Ravens D????

Where are you getting this from? Do you think Ben just doesn't feel like playing? No way should they mess with Ben's health if there are any questions at all. Obviously there are. He is not "perfectly healthy!"

flippy
11-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Start the QB controversy

Steelers - 45
Ravens - 6

Jooser
11-29-2009, 09:49 AM
All I'll say is that I hope to be pleasantly surprised by Dixon, I really, really hope. 8)

Steeler Expat
11-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Steelers 10
Ravens 16

:(

True Fan
11-29-2009, 11:12 AM
20-13 rats. tomlin continues to lose control of this team and season, but now has a better excuse because ben is out.

steelblood
11-29-2009, 12:03 PM
20-13 rats. tomlin continues to lose control of this team and season, but now has a better excuse because ben is out.

How has Tomlin lost control of the team? That is as ridiculous as the fact that your statements come from a poster named "True Fan."

Look this team was 6-2. Then we lost a tough, close game to a very good team.

Now the KC loss is on Tomlin, staff, and players. But, I don't see how losing that game after a pretty successful start to the season would cause him to lose control of his players.

As for my pick, I don't think Dixon will do well against the Ravens. Ravens 24 Steelers 13.

Steeler Shades
11-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Las Vegas has the Rats as 8 point favorites. 8)

spyboots
11-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Steelers 17
Ravens 10

buckeyehoppy
11-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Let's review this team for a minute:

We give up a non-offensive TD every game, for the most part.

We have a great D, but do not give back the ball to the O unless it's on downs or by a punt.

We have an improving, but still inconsistent, ground game.

We have a very good receiving corps where just about anyone can step up from week to week.

We have no choice but to start Dennis Dixon today. Ben is hurt. And, as history tells us, when Ben has this type of injury he stays hurt... for a while. We need to get used to the idea of DDix and Palko needing to be ready for the rest of the season.

Baltimore needs this game as badly as we do, so this game should be a knuckle dragger. But, the Rattards are horribly inconsistent on both sides of the ball. It's why they are in the position they are in right now.

This game can go either way for either team. Sounds diplomatic, doesn't it? But I will only speak for the Steelers.

If we play the way we have been playing all season long, we will lose... possibly horribly.

If we play the way we are capable of playing and don't give away the ball, don't give away big plays and control the tempo of the game, we will win... possibly easily.

I believe that we'll probably see a composite of the two Steelers teams tonight, so it should be a close game.

Call me an optimist, but I feel like our D, when it plays their game, they win. This is where the game goes tonight.

Steelers 16
Rattards 6

Feel that we'll be extremely proud of our D after this game.

Steeler Shades
11-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Cowher just picked the Ratbirds. 8)

PSU_dropout43
11-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Steelers 28
Rats 17

This is a cakewalk.

Mister Pittsburgh's theory is proven true. Dixon will throw to open backs and TEs, and not force throws into triple coverages.

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2009, 03:31 PM

How has Tomlin lost control of the team? That is as ridiculous as the fact that your statements come from a poster named "True Fan."

Now the KC loss is on Tomlin, staff, and players. But, I don't see how losing that game after a pretty successful start to the season would cause him to lose control of his players.

As for my pick, I don't think Dixon will do well against the Ravens. Ravens 24 Steelers 13.

FYI: He was cowhersucks on the Trib board and came to this board as tomlinsucks, but followed through on a promise to change his name if Tomlin won a Super Bowl. I respect the fact that he manned up and made the change, even though his sole purpose here seemingly is to ridicule those of us that continue to have faith in our team and remain optimistic in the face of adversity.

SteelBucks
11-29-2009, 03:40 PM

FYI: He was cowhersucks on the Trib board and came to this board as tomlinsucks, but followed through on a promise to change his name if Tomlin won a Super Bowl. I respect the fact that he manned up and made the change, even though his sole purpose here seemingly is to ridicule those of us that continue to have faith in our team and remain optimistic in the face of adversity.

I thought his rants sounded familiar.

buckeyehoppy
11-29-2009, 05:51 PM
FTR, there isn't a single team in the AFC that isn't eminently beatable.

The Steelers are one of those teams. But so are the Bungholes. And the Patophiles. And, I guarantee it, so are the Clots.

Every team goes through adversity. Champions overcome it. Last time I checked, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the defending NFL Champions. If our players are forgetting that, they don't get to be champions anymore.

Here's hoping they get that memory back... tonight!!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

True Fan
11-29-2009, 05:52 PM

yup, i manned up where others that i challenged didn't. funny how the 'black' coach supporters call me racists because i criticize tomlin. what was i when i called out cowher?.......oh never mind, cant play the race card angle there :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2009, 06:25 PM
[quote="True Fan":5voa1eu6]20-13 rats. tomlin continues to lose control of this team and season, but now has a better excuse because ben is out.

yup, i manned up where others that i challenged didn't. funny how the 'black' coach supporters call me racists because i criticize tomlin. what was i when i called out cowher?.......oh never mind, cant play the race card angle there :roll:[/quote:5voa1eu6]

You Anti-Spittle bastard! :wink:

True Fan
11-29-2009, 06:43 PM
[quote="True Fan":3hcqmxfz]20-13 rats. tomlin continues to lose control of this team and season, but now has a better excuse because ben is out.

yup, i manned up where others that i challenged didn't. funny how the 'black' coach supporters call me racists because i criticize tomlin. what was i when i called out cowher?.......oh never mind, cant play the race card angle there :roll:

You Anti-Spittle bastard! :wink:[/quote:3hcqmxfz]

lol............nice

Steelgal
11-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Just don't have a good feeling about this game. Course that could be because I've been down with an extreme migraine all day, but I'm calling for a loss.

Steelers - 10
Rats - 20

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Just don't have a good feeling about this game. Course that could be because I've been down with an extreme migraine all day, but I'm calling for a loss.

Steelers - 10
Rats - 20

I've heard of guys having sympathetic labor pains when their wives are pregnant.

Now we've got Steelgal having sympathetic headaches when her QB has a concussion.

:wink:

Steelgal
11-29-2009, 07:42 PM

Steelers - 10
Rats - 20

I've heard of guys having sympathetic labor pains when their wives are pregnant.

Now we've got Steelgal having sympathetic headaches when her QB has a concussion.

dang, I needed that laugh. It's been a miserable day. Very good :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2009, 07:44 PM

Steelers - 10
Rats - 20

dang, I needed that laugh. It's been a miserable day. Very good :tt2

Hopefully Dixon and the defense will be able to finish off your day even better!

:tt2 :tt1

Steel Life
11-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Steelers = 9
Ravens = 14

I'm realistic...Dixon will be able to move the team in spurts but will have trouble in the end-zone. The Rats will try to play the field-position battle, run play-action a lot & see the backs catch a ton of passes as they know the Steelers will be super-aggressive. In the end, Dixon gets some kudos for holding his own but the lack of cohesion with the 1st unit shows & media goes crazy for the Ravens painting this as some sort of revenge for what happened last season.

NorCal-Steeler
11-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Steelers/Ravens is about the play of Harrison and Ward not Ben. Let the bodies hit the floor.

Steelers 35
Ravens 17

DukieBoy
11-29-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm feeling excited for this game. I want to see what Dixon can do, and I want to see if we have some guys step up a couple notches to bring through a win.

Realistically, I know the possibility for disappointment tonight. But it would pale in comparison to the disappointment of the past two dark depressing losses.

skyhawk
11-29-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm feeling excited for this game. I want to see what Dixon can do, and I want to see if we have some guys step up a couple notches to bring through a win.

Realistically, I know the possibility for disappointment tonight. But it would pale in comparison to the disappointment of the past two dark depressing losses.

I don't know if I speak for anyone else, but I feel like I am about to watch a preseason game that really has no meaning. Seriously. I can't remember ever feeling like this during the regular season.

One of my die hard Steeler fan friends is going to study tonight instead of watching a continuous meltdown. :HeadBanger

skyhawk
11-29-2009, 08:12 PM

I don't know if I speak for anyone else, but I feel like I am about to watch a preseason game that really has no meaning. Seriously. I can't remember ever feeling like this during the regular season.

One of my die hard Steeler fan friends is going to study tonight instead of watching a continuous meltdown. :HeadBanger

Jooser
11-29-2009, 08:19 PM

Yes, wave your towels in the face of adversity, I LOVE IT!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu68/singriever/Demotivators/Adversity.jpg

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
11-29-2009, 09:31 PM

Then he's obviously not a die hard fan. Die hard fans watch even if we were 0-10 at that this point. If he chooses not to watch our 6-4 team, that is nowhere close to die hard.

skyhawk
11-30-2009, 05:10 AM

Then he's obviously not a die hard fan. Die hard fans watch even if we were 0-10 at that this point. If he chooses not to watch our 6-4 team, that is nowhere close to die hard.

Blah. I usually agree. But he knows this team is mediocre at best. And yes. He is a diehard. But not die dumb.

RuthlessBurgher
11-30-2009, 10:28 AM

Blah. I usually agree. But he knows this team is mediocre at best. And yes. He is a diehard. But not die dumb.

Then someone obviously doesn't know what die hard means. People that are huge fans when we are winning 2 Super Bowls in 4 years, but then give up when the team is facing adversity less than a year after the most recent Super Bowl win are bandwagon fans...plain and simple.

Die hard means that you support the team through good and bad. Guys that continue to go to Lions games year after year are die hard. Bandwagon means that you cheer when things are going well and turn your back when thinks aren't going so well. Guys that who haven't gone to a Bengal game in 2 decades but are now painting their faces with tiger stripes every Sunday because that team is in first place are bandwagon fans.

Sorry...but I call 'em as I see 'em, and what you described is the polar opposite of what it means to be DIE HARD, and is instead the definition of a BANDWAGON FAN.

:loser