PDA

View Full Version : Sepulveda for kicker

steelnavy
11-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I don't know much about what makes a good kicker, but I do know that I am tired of watching Skippy's poor kick offs.

Is Sepulveda the back up kicker for the team? Is punting leg strength correlated with kick off leg strength? Can we bring in somebody who's only job is to boom the kick offs?

Anybody an "expert" in this field?

Lebsteel
11-27-2009, 11:05 AM
One thing I know is that Sepulveda could tackle a whole lot better than Skippy. After watching Reed skip out of the way of making a tackle, Skippy is even more of an appropriate nickname for him.

SidSmythe
11-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I use Sepulveda on kickoffs on Madden and he rules!!!

Shoe
11-27-2009, 03:48 PM
I always wondered why the kicker always is the default guy kicking off...

I understand that it's generally the same motion as a PAT, but I can't imagine it being that hard for a Punter to grow the capability to kick off--especially if he could be much better than the current guy.

SidSmythe
11-27-2009, 04:17 PM
If Chad Johnson can kick the ball to the 10 yard line, you'd think SEPULVEDA could get it to at least the 5 and then go hit someone.

Northern_Blitz
11-27-2009, 05:04 PM

I used Rod Woodson at DE in Madden 95. He was unstoppable. I'd get a sack on about 95% of the passing plays.

Steel Life
11-27-2009, 05:25 PM
I thought it would be a great pick-up to bring in Steve Hauschka (formerly of the Ravens) since he had a spot open with Batch going down. He's gone mental on FG tries, but he can boom them into the EZ better than Reed can. And to be blunt, I don't want to hear about how the team doesn't want to dedicate one guy for a specific kick, but after giving up points & field position consistently how could you not?

steelernation77
11-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Sepulveda should work on improving his punting before worrying about kicking. He did not have a good game against KC.

Steelerphile
11-27-2009, 07:27 PM
I think they should try it. Reed is the lowest rated kickoff kicker in the NFL; so, Sepulveda couldn't be worse. He also will tackle which Reed won't. So they couldn't lose anything and could possibly gain something.

Shoe
11-27-2009, 10:18 PM

I used Rod Woodson at DE in Madden 95. He was unstoppable. I'd get a sack on about 95% of the passing plays.

Haha...
I believe I used to use Woodson (or Lloyd) in like Madden 92, at DT. Put him right in the Center Guard gap, a la Mean Joe. I'd get 15-20 sacks per game.