PDA

View Full Version : Steelers fan kills puppy?

Steeler Mafia
11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Police: Pa. man killed puppy before Steelers game
Nov 23 01:09 PM US/Eastern

BRIDGEVILLE, Pa. (AP) - Police say a western Pennsylvania man told them he kicked his girlfriend's puppy to death because he was upset that the pit bull wouldn't behave before the start of the Pittsburgh Steelers game.
Twenty-two-year-old William Woodson, of Bridgeville, remained jailed Monday on a charge of animal cruelty.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazettes reports that a witness told police that Woodson was kicking the dog down the street shortly after 1 p.m. Sunday, which is when the football game began. Police say Woodson was supposed to be taking the pit bull for a walk, but the animal resisted. By the time police arrived, the puppy was dead.

Police say Woodson didn't like the dog and was upset that his live-in girlfriend bought it.

Online court records don't list an attorney for Woodson

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9C5CVPG1&show_article=1

I have always heard that there is no such thing as bad publicity, but this is going a bit too far. I have been upset for missing the start of a game before, but this is rediculous.

A young dumb kid doing young dumb things.

Jooser
11-24-2009, 11:34 AM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb99/l_w_88/MORON.jpg

Ghost
11-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Sorry, but I can't write this off as a young kid being stupid. He is a colossal piece of sh!t. Any one who kicks a puppy, much less kicks it to death, is a worthless human being. I hope he gets jail time and someone beats him repeatedly. I find this sickening.

feltdizz
11-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Why the hell is he labeled a Steeler fan? It's not like he kicked the puppy after the game. They could have said Burger King fan or Borat fan... They just used Steeler fan because it would get attention. It's not like the puppy was a KC fan. Was the puppy a brown?

Uncle Rico
11-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Why the hell is he labeled a Steeler fan? It's not like he kicked the puppy after the game. They could have said Burger King fan or Borat fan... They just used Steeler fan because it would get attention. It's not like the puppy was a KC fan. Was the puppy a brown?

The man's a disgrace to Steelers fans and even worse, a disgrace to the Woodson name.

SidSmythe
11-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Who Cares??????? it's not NEWS WORTHY!!

Kids are being beaten and neglected every day and we give a crap about a dog and this idiot beating it to death????

Go save the animals while kids are hurting!!! get ur priorities straight!

Shoe
11-24-2009, 12:04 PM

I agree with this, and I agree with you Ghost. Kid is an igoramus, and a piece of $hit.

I also agree with feltdizz... the correlation to the Steelers--as if he represents Steeler Nation in some way. I originally read this on a Bungle board, and th thread title said "Typical Steeler fan" or something.

JAR
11-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Hang the SOB, disgusting. Hang the stupid GF too.

Ms. Marion, who owns four cats, said she offered to take the dog to a veterinarian, but Ms. Gielarowski refused because she and her boyfriend were docking the animal's tail, meaning they had tied it off in an attempt to shorten it.

"[Ms. Gielarowski] was confused, upset and scared," Mr. Belcastro said. "She didn't know what to do, so we called the police."

When police arrived, Ms. Gielarowski initially gave them a false name and refused to identify her boyfriend. Eventually, however, she gave her real name and police contacted her parents to learn Mr. Woodson's name.

Police were told Mr. Woodson was at Mr. Maldonado's home and called Mr. Maldonado's mother in an attempt to reach him.

"I got a phone call from my mom stating that the police were coming over here," Mr. Maldonado said. "I told Will, and he went out the door, and as soon as he walks out, he gets arrested. I asked the officer what was the reason, and he said, 'Cruelty to animals.'

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09328/10 ... z0XnGY54Mo (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09328/1015890-55.stm#ixzz0XnGY54Mo)

BradshawsHairdresser
11-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Why the hell is he labeled a Steeler fan? It's not like he kicked the puppy after the game.

I could almost understand if he had kicked the puppy AFTER that game.

J/k.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-24-2009, 01:08 PM

Kids are being beaten and neglected every day and we give a crap about a dog and this idiot beating it to death????

Unfortunately, dogs are now higher than kids on the priority ladder in this country. If they guy had beaten a kid we wouldn't even be hearing about it.

JAR
11-24-2009, 01:24 PM

Unfortunately, dogs are now higher than kids on the priority ladder in this country. If they guy had beaten a kid we wouldn't even be hearing about it.

That's not really true.

http://news.google.com/news?q=child%20a ... =en&tab=wn (http://news.google.com/news?q=child%20abuse&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn)

Mister Pittsburgh
11-24-2009, 01:29 PM
I think it has gotten to the point in America where people should have to apply to get a dog or cat and actually have someone come and check out your living situation and stuff. You should have to apply to breed said dogs or cats or pay a fine if you don't and any owner you sell those dogs or cats to has to apply to buy one.

People are too stupid anymore. I would say people should have to apply to have kids too but unfortunately there is no way to really prevent that. If you are on welfare, however, I think you should lose your welfare benefits if you have another kid while on welfare....therefore upping the odds you lose your children. The government needs to make it more desireable to find a job and work than to sit at home, screw, and pop out kids for more free money.

eniparadoxgma
11-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Sorry, but I can't write this off as a young kid being stupid. He is a colossal piece of sh!t. Any one who kicks a puppy, much less kicks it to death, is a worthless human being. I hope he gets jail time and someone beats him repeatedly. I find this sickening.

Agreed. It takes a certain type of POS to beat animals because of their own frustration.

eniparadoxgma
11-24-2009, 04:22 PM

While you have a point, it doesn't diminish the cruelty of this type of act. Obviously human children should be higher on our list of priorities than animals, but at the same time both acts are abhorrent.

Steeler Mafia
11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
This just in! Steelers fan kills Steelers fan for killing puppy. News at 11:00.

skyhawk
11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Well this guy is dumb.

I woulda been kickin the darn dog AFTER the game was over and we lost to the CHIEFS. :lol:

skyhawk
11-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Why the hell is he labeled a Steeler fan? It's not like he kicked the puppy after the game.

I could almost understand if he had kicked the puppy AFTER that game.

J/k.

Oops, sorry Bradshaw, you beat me to it. LOL!

Steeler Mafia
11-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I would have kicked my girlfriend rather than the puppy. 8)

Scarletfire1970
11-24-2009, 05:18 PM
This makes me sick.

I can't even read the article.

calmkiller
11-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Is this really news?

Chadman
11-24-2009, 07:38 PM

Give me a story about a kid getting beaten to death, and I'll act appropriately.

Put this f-wit on a leash & bring him around here. Let's see how he likes having the crap kicked out of him.

Just because kids are also being abused does not give a human the right to do this.

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Bad Newz Kennels, that Raider dog on the side of the road, this Steeler dog, and the torture that those Cleveland fans in the Dawg Pound have to endure week after week. The NFL is not canine friendly.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-24-2009, 08:04 PM
"Philly, hide your beagles, Vick is with the Eagles."

feltdizz
11-24-2009, 08:22 PM
The whole story is stupid.. not defending hurting dogs but...

crimes like this happen every day in cities with NFL teams. Imagine newspapers saying Oakland Raiders fan kills 3... or gang of Chicago Bear fans kill kid after school..

just seems like a quick way to get attention by saying Steeler fan does whatever..

Flasteel
11-24-2009, 08:59 PM
The whole story is stupid.. not defending hurting dogs but...

crimes like this happen every day in cities with NFL teams. Imagine newspapers saying Oakland Raiders fan kills 3... or gang of Chicago Bear fans kill kid after school..

just seems like a quick way to get attention by saying Steeler fan does whatever..

It's linked to the Steelers because the guy was mad the puppy wouldn't behave at the beginning of the game. Had he done this an hour before the game and there was no connection, then the Black-n-Gold wouldn't be mentioned. If your examples contained facts such as "gang of Chicago Bear fans kill kid after school...for game tickets", or "Oakland Raiders fan kills 3...for wearing Broncos jerseys", then you can bet your ass that it would receive at least equal attention.

For all the rest of you who are suggesting that nobody should care or this shouldn't be newsworthy due to the abuse and neglect of children...you're taking a completely moronic stance. The exploitation, neglect, abuse, and killing of children is unfortunately well documented. If the circumstances are particularly horrendous, it makes national headlines.

Are we supposed to put our head in the sand with all other acts of cruelty which don't involve children?

Please.

Whether it's cruelty to animals or children, these acts represent the lowest of human qualities and they are by their very nature shocking. Shocking stuff generally tends to get publicized. I for one am glad that it is. These behaviors and other heinous acts serve to remind us all what it means to be a compassionate, caring human being. It also shames this ******* across our nation and to all who know him.

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2009, 09:10 PM
If the scumbag killed the dog when it kept barking when he started watching the new Star Trek DVD he bought this week instead of the Steelers-Chiefs game, would the headline read "Star Trek Fan Kills Puppy?"

Shoe
11-24-2009, 09:17 PM

Give me a story about a kid getting beaten to death, and I'll act appropriately.

Put this f-wit on a leash & bring him around here. Let's see how he likes having the crap kicked out of him.

Just because kids are also being abused does not give a human the right to do this.

Seriously, chadman... I agree. :wft
As if because there is one wrong in this world, we can't concern ourselves with any other "lesser" wrongs. Beat the hell out of a dog, and me and you got a problem.

Beat the hell out of a kid, and me and you got a problem.

Beat the hell out of your wife, and me and you got a problem.

Why am I wrong for feeling this way?

feltdizz
11-24-2009, 09:23 PM
If the scumbag killed the dog when it kept barking when he started watching the new Star Trek DVD he bought this week instead of the Steelers-Chiefs game, would the headline read "Star Trek Fan Kills Puppy?"

I guess that is my point.. he said he hated the dog and didn't want her to get it. It's not like he loved the dog and just flipped because it was before the Steeler game.

The Steeler association is for headlines only.

Flasteel
11-24-2009, 09:34 PM

I guess that is my point.. he said he hated the dog and didn't want her to get it. It's not like he loved the dog and just flipped because it was before the Steeler game.

It would be the same for any sports team if there was an association to the crime. Maybe it's a little more high profile due to the Steelers wide fan-base or the fact they're the reigning champs...but I doubt it.

Stories like this attempt to show the power of sports on the American psyche. While this guy already had the capacity to be a gutless scumbag, the story suggests the dog was killed because it interefered with his ability to watch the game.

This ain't too difficult to understand guys. I don't see how you can think the Steelers are being specifically targeted.

feltdizz
11-24-2009, 09:42 PM

It would be the same for any sports team if there was an association to the crime. Maybe it's a little more high profile due to the Steelers wide fan-base or the fact they're the reigning champs...but I doubt it.

Stories like this attempt to show the power of sports on the American psyche. While this guy already had the capacity to be a gutless scumbag, the story suggests the dog was killed because it interefered with his ability to watch the game.

This ain't too difficult to understand guys. I don't see how you can think the Steelers are being specifically targeted.

It was made clear how much he hated this dog. He despised it and never wanted the dog to begin with..

I seriously doubt the Steeler game was what drove him over the edge. It's a reach IMO.

If he loved the dog and during the game killed it... then OK.. but there is no way in hell a guy kills a dog because he is going to miss the beginning of a Steeler KC game..

Superbowl maybe.. AFC North rival... OK I understand the frustration.. don't condone it but I see the connection. He killed this dog because he hated it and his girlfriend..

not because he loved the Steelers..

just seems like any crime that happens right before a football game can now have the team linked to it..

feelthesteel
11-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Anyone that hurts animals or kids should die. period....end of story

Flasteel
11-24-2009, 11:16 PM

It was made clear how much he hated this dog. He despised it and never wanted the dog to begin with..

I seriously doubt the Steeler game was what drove him over the edge. It's a reach IMO.

If he loved the dog and during the game killed it... then OK.. but there is no way in hell a guy kills a dog because he is going to miss the beginning of a Steeler KC game..

Superbowl maybe.. AFC North rival... OK I understand the frustration.. don't condone it but I see the connection. He killed this dog because he hated it and his girlfriend..

not because he loved the Steelers..

just seems like any crime that happens right before a football game can now have the team linked to it..

Police say a western Pennsylvania man told them he kicked his girlfriend's puppy to death because he was upset that the pit bull wouldn't behave before the start of the Pittsburgh Steelers game.

He may have disliked the puppy, but according to what he told the police, it was the dog's behavior as the game was about to begin which sent him over the edge.

We probably shouldn't be arguing about puppy-killers dizz. I'm sure we all agree the guy is a douche and God knows there are enough debates to go around concerning our team's play.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Someone who beats a puppy should be fined till it hurts bad.

Someone who beats a puppy to death should be thrown into a pen to spend an hour with a bunch of angry dogs to chew on him.

Someone who beats a child should be locked up for years.

Someone who beats a child to death ought to be beaten to death.

Snatch98
11-25-2009, 02:35 PM

Wow you're a f.ucking wing nut. First off animal cruelty legislation is completely bogus. A more harsh level of fines should be instituted and jail time should certainly be added in to the equation. If he's going to do that to a puppy imagine what he may or may not do to a kid you're so quick to protect. I'd beat that dude in to the concrete.

SidSmythe
11-25-2009, 02:57 PM

Wow you're a f.ucking wing nut. First off animal cruelty legislation is completely bogus. A more harsh level of fines should be instituted and jail time should certainly be added in to the equation. If he's going to do that to a puppy imagine what he may or may not do to a kid you're so quick to protect. I'd beat that dude in to the concrete.

Whoa people!!
I never condoned it, but w/ far more pressing issues in this country, this crap should be dealt w/ locally.

If I was walking down the street and saw this happening, I would deal with it. Is this guy and idiot??? yes! Would I smack him upset the head if I saw it happening?? Yes!!
Now if I was walking down the street and saw a man slapping a kid around, and another man kicking a dog down the street, i'd not even bat an eye at the dog and go save the kid.
But at the same time people's blood boils over this stuff while Washington DC rapes the land, the economy's in the crapper and kids are being slapped around in your own neighborhoods.
Personally this story pale's in comparison to 99% of the stuff I'm reading in the papers (aka the Internet)

RuthlessBurgher
11-25-2009, 03:00 PM

Whoa people!!
I never condoned it, but w/ far more pressing issues in this country, this crap should be dealt w/ locally.

If I was walking down the street and saw this happening, I would deal with it. Is this guy and idiot??? yes! Would I smack him upset the head if I saw it happening?? Yes!!
Now if I was walking down the street and saw a man slapping a kid around, and another man kicking a dog down the street, i'd not even bat an eye at the dog and go save the kid.
But at the same time people's blood boils over this stuff while Washington DC rapes the land, the economy's in the crapper and kids are being slapped around in your own neighborhoods.
Personally this story pale's in comparison to 99% of the stuff I'm reading in the papers (aka the Internet)

I just thought you were a cat person (based on your avatar). :wink:

feltdizz
11-25-2009, 03:52 PM
I give.... I never read that it was over the behavior before the game.

eniparadoxgma
11-25-2009, 07:42 PM

While you have a point, it doesn't diminish the cruelty of this type of act. Obviously human children should be higher on our list of priorities than animals, but at the same time both acts are abhorrent.

VS

For all the rest of you who are suggesting that nobody should care or this shouldn't be newsworthy due to the abuse and neglect of children...you're taking a completely moronic stance. The exploitation, neglect, abuse, and killing of children is unfortunately well documented. If the circumstances are particularly horrendous, it makes national headlines.

Are we supposed to put our head in the sand with all other acts of cruelty which don't involve children?

Please.

Whether it's cruelty to animals or children, these acts represent the lowest of human qualities and they are by their very nature shocking. Shocking stuff generally tends to get publicized. I for one am glad that it is. These behaviors and other heinous acts serve to remind us all what it means to be a compassionate, caring human being. It also shames this ******* across our nation and to all who know him.

Scanning for differences......................................

........................................ None found.

Carry on. :lol:

SidSmythe
11-25-2009, 07:59 PM

Whoa people!!

I just thought you were a cat person (based on your avatar). :wink:

:lol:

BATMAN
11-26-2009, 02:25 AM
maybe the nfl, the sports annoucers can make this guy out to be a hero as they have done with vick ?

birtikidis
11-26-2009, 04:07 AM

I hate to bring up personal stuff, but I could have stories about neglected kids all day.
my parents did foster care for 29 years. my "brother" was put in our care when he was 4 years old. He and his 3 siblings had been tied up with telephone cord in tennessee while his mom and dad went to disney world. I can tell you that that didn't get the press that this did.
another kid we got when he was about 10 months old. he came with 24 broken bones in his body. again, steeler fan beats dog to death got alot more press then he...

fezziwig
11-26-2009, 11:27 AM

I hate to bring up personal stuff, but I could have stories about neglected kids all day.
my parents did foster care for 29 years. my "brother" was put in our care when he was 4 years old. He and his 3 siblings had been tied up with telephone cord in tennessee while his mom and dad went to disney world. I can tell you that that didn't get the press that this did.
another kid we got when he was about 10 months old. he came with 24 broken bones in his body. again, steeler fan beats dog to death got alot more press then he...

Wow ! I know I complain about life and try not to becuase of what you are saying and what I have seen.

I'm happy there are good people like your family that gives the way they do.

I'm always at children hospital with my daughter and we really shouldn't be complaining with what I have seen over the years.

What is happening at times to animals is horrible too and you guys are right, no press on human life being crushed.

RuthlessBurgher
11-27-2009, 01:03 PM

I don't disagree with you, but media coverage is much different today. In the pre-internet age of the 1980's, we got news from 3 networks and read the local newspaper. Back then, stories like you mention might not have been covered by Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, or Peter Jennings, because they had only 30 minutes to present news from all over the entire world. But in the land of the blog-o-sphere today, stories like this dog beating can be exposed by one small media outlet and get passed around the net until they get a life of their own. It's a different time now, for sure.