PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Palko to Sign with PS

phillyesq
11-23-2009, 10:46 PM
According to Wexell's twitter, the Steelers are going to sign Tyler Palko to the practice squad on Wednesday. Especially if this signing is made in lieu of bringing in a veteran backup to replace Batch, I guess it is safe to assume that Ben will be ok on Sunday.

NorthCoast
11-23-2009, 10:49 PM
According to Wexell's twitter, the Steelers are going to sign Tyler Palko to the practice squad on Wednesday. Especially if this signing is made in lieu of bringing in a veteran backup to replace Batch, I guess it is safe to assume that Ben will be ok on Sunday.

I would say its safe to assume he will PLAY on Sunday...but I would not assume he will be "OK" on Sunday....that remains to be seen.

Wolfhound45
11-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Palko? Palko? What does this guy know about playing football? The Steelers front office has gone completely nuts!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x141/rewriter42/Sgt.Bilko1.jpg

Sergeant Bilko (1996)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117608/

:P

True Fan
11-23-2009, 11:52 PM
SO LET ME GET THIS CORRECT. TOMLIN DRAFTED DIXZON LAST YEAR AND THE REAL FANS HAVE BEEN BLINDLY LOVING THIS PICK. THE FANS HAVE CALLED HIM THE STEAL OF THE DRAFT. NOW A YEAR LATER, DIXON IS SO ONCAPALE OF LEADING THIS TEAM FOR A GAME OR TWO, THAT THEY HAVE LOOKED AT POS LIKE PALCO, GARCIA AN A VARIETY OF WANNABENOBODYS. THAT ARE MOREE CAPABLE THAN A GUY WE DRAFTED AND HAS 2 CAMPS TO PROGRESS...................NICE JOB TOMLIN....ANOTHER PISS POO R PICK TO GO ALONG WITH YOUR INABILITY TO DEVELOP.............NICE WORK

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2009, 12:30 AM
SO LET ME GET THIS CORRECT. TOMLIN DRAFTED DIXZON LAST YEAR AND THE REAL FANS HAVE BEEN BLINDLY LOVING THIS PICK. THE FANS HAVE CALLED HIM THE STEAL OF THE DRAFT. NOW A YEAR LATER, DIXON IS SO ONCAPALE OF LEADING THIS TEAM FOR A GAME OR TWO, THAT THEY HAVE LOOKED AT POS LIKE PALCO, GARCIA AN A VARIETY OF WANNABENOBODYS. THAT ARE MOREE CAPABLE THAN A GUY WE DRAFTED AND HAS 2 CAMPS TO PROGRESS...................NICE JOB TOMLIN....ANOTHER PISS POO R PICK TO GO ALONG WITH YOUR INABILITY TO DEVELOP.............NICE WORK

Wait, what? One of our QB's were hurt and will need surgery that will keep him out for 6 weeks. Because of that, we need to sign a QB to replace Batch, because except in unusual circumstances, teams tend to carry 3 QB's (a starter, a back-up, and an emergency 3rd QB who is listed among the inactives on gameday but suits up in case something happens to the other 2 QB's).

Why would signing Garcia or Lemon or Palko or whoever be an indictment of the Dixon pick? A quarterback gets hurt, so we replace him with another QB. Seems pretty simple to me. It says nothing whatsoever about what the coaches think about Dixon's abilities. Whether they think Dixon is the worst backup QB ever or the best backup QB ever, their first move after announcing Batch's surgery would naturally be to try out QB's to take Batch's roster spot, so the team can carry 3 QB's.

A similar thing happened when Aaron Smith and Travis Kirschke got hurt. We signed Sonny Harris to replenish our depth at DE. Was the Harris signing an indictment of the Hood pick? Not at all. Just like signing a QB to replace the injured Batch says nothing about what the team thinks of Dixon.

steelfin
11-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Think for a minute....what happens if Ben cant play and Dixon gets hurt???

Its not rocket science....

sd steel
11-24-2009, 01:45 AM

You have to fill a roster spot for a 3rd QB. Even you should be able to figure that one out.

DukieBoy
11-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Bring back Mike Reilly

Oviedo
11-24-2009, 09:00 AM

Wait, what? One of our QB's were hurt and will need surgery that will keep him out for 6 weeks. Because of that, we need to sign a QB to replace Batch, because except in unusual circumstances, teams tend to carry 3 QB's (a starter, a back-up, and an emergency 3rd QB who is listed among the inactives on gameday but suits up in case something happens to the other 2 QB's).

Why would signing Garcia or Lemon or Palko or whoever be an indictment of the Dixon pick? A quarterback gets hurt, so we replace him with another QB. Seems pretty simple to me. It says nothing whatsoever about what the coaches think about Dixon's abilities. Whether they think Dixon is the worst backup QB ever or the best backup QB ever, their first move after announcing Batch's surgery would naturally be to try out QB's to take Batch's roster spot, so the team can carry 3 QB's.

A similar thing happened when Aaron Smith and Travis Kirschke got hurt. We signed Sonny Harris to replenish our depth at DE. Was the Harris signing an indictment of the Hood pick? Not at all. Just like signing a QB to replace the injured Batch says nothing about what the team thinks of Dixon.

It's an indictment simply because Tomlin is doing it (although its really probably Colbert). "Fake Fan" just shows what a troll he is everytime he posts something because simple logic is beyond him. Of course he chooses to ignore they are signing him to the Practice Squad and not the active roster which to me sounds like they have lots of confidence in their new #2.

Uncle Rico
11-24-2009, 10:05 AM
If they had to sign a former Pitt QB they probably should have considered Rod Rutherford because at least he's been on our roster before and he's also been actively playing for some indoor team down in Wheeling.

phillyesq
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM
If they had to sign a former Pitt QB they probably should have considered Rod Rutherford because at least he's been on our roster before and he's also been actively playing for some indoor team down in Wheeling.

I believe that Palko was in the CFL.

NWNewell
11-24-2009, 10:41 AM

Let me get this correct. You have to type in all capital letters to try to confuse people so that they won't really pay attention to what you are saying and realize you have no idea what you are talking about?

Nice work!

Steeler Mafia
11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

flippy
11-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Someone in Pittsburgh thought Palko was better than Flacco at one time.....*cough* Dave Wannstedt *cough*

MeetJoeGreene
11-24-2009, 02:48 PM
I never, ever, ever thought Palko was any good.

Ben must be going to play and they must think Batch will be available in the 2-3 week timeframe as an emergency QB.

NJ-STEELER
11-24-2009, 06:28 PM
he looked decent in the preseason with AZ against us.

they kept St. pierre cause of more experience