PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Copy the Towel

Jooser
11-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Per PFT, what a bunch on copycats. They envy the Steelers so much it's unbelievable.

Ravens try an answer to Terrible Towel

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 23, 2009 6:12 PM ET
In Joe Flacco, the Ravens have found their tackle-breaking, big-armed answer to Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger. (LMAO!, right. :Blah )

Now the Ravens are trying to replicate a longer-standing Steelers institution.

The Ravens plan to distribute "Rally Towels" to the 71,000 plus fans that show up for the Ravens-Steelers battle for AFC playoff survival.

The towel will advertise Under Armour. But like the Terrible Towel, it also is trying to raise awareness for a good cause. Along with the Ravens logo, the towel will include the emblem for The Wounded Warrior Project, who has the mission to "honor and empower wounded soldiers."

birtikidis
11-23-2009, 08:07 PM
I respect the cause, but fart in the general direction of the team.

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 08:14 PM

Ray Lewis' Mother Was a Hamster and His Father Smelt of Elderberries.

sd steel
11-23-2009, 08:29 PM

Ray Lewis' Mother Was a Hamster and His Father Smelt of Elderberries.

I think you mean his mother was a Humpster, and Father smelled of Elderberries.

His Mom was a whore and his Dad was a drunk in American english.

costanza2k1
11-25-2009, 09:59 AM
hasn't this been tried before by every team in the NFL? :nono

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Art ... unday.aspx (http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/11/Press_Release_-_Ravens_To_Provide_Rally_Towels_Sunday.aspx)

Press Release - Ravens To Provide Rally Towels Sunday
Prior to this Sunday’s Ravens-Steelers game, the Ravens and Under Armour will provide over 71,000 fans with purple and white rally towels. by BaltimoreRavens.com
Nov 23, 2009, 3:52PM
Font Size: resize normalresize largeresize larger

Prior to this Sunday’s Ravens-Steelers game (Nov. 29, 8:20 p.m.), the Baltimore Ravens and Under Armour will provide over 71,000 fans with purple and white rally towels as they enter the gates of M&T Bank Stadium.

The Ravens are encouraging fans to wear all purple and wave their rally towel for the nationally-televised Sunday Night Football broadcast.

“Our fans are committed and exceptionally passionate,” Ravens vice president of corporate sales and partnerships Mark Burdett stated. “It’s important that every Ravens fan who attends the game gets a towel and displays it proudly.

“We want there to be a sea of purple and white, so the national audience can witness Baltimore’s excitement and dedication to its team.”

Sponsored by Baltimore-based Under Armour, the towels prominently display the Ravens’ logo. Additionally, the Under Armour logo and slogan “Protect This House” is printed on the towel, along with an emblem for the Wounded Warrior Project.

A non-for-profit organization that has partnered with Under Armour, the Wounded Warrior Project’s mission is to honor and empower wounded soldiers. Its purpose is to raise awareness and to enlist the public’s aid for the needs of severely injured service members, to help severely injured men and women aid and assist each other, and to provide unique, direct programs and services to meet their needs.

During Sunday’s pre-game ceremonies, several U.S. military members who were recently wounded in battle will be honored on the field.

For more information about the Ravens, Under Armour and the Wounded Warrior Project, please visit the following Web sites:

http://www.BaltimoreRavens.com
http://www.UnderArmour.com
http://www.WoundedWarriorProject.org

Steeler Mafia
11-25-2009, 11:39 AM
The Colts tried the same thing in '05 when we went up against them in the Playoffs. It worked well for them.

To this day, I don't think I have ever seen so many trashcans in one city filled up with white towels. You would have thought it was laundry day in the city in Indy.

Iron Shiek
11-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Automatic Loss.

If Jevon Kearse and Lenwhale stomped on this towel...I bet they would have to turn in their passports and be deported to Mexico or Canada.

ikestops85
11-25-2009, 11:49 AM
I believe they are being called a "Raven's Rag". Kinda ironic since most of their fans seem to always be on the rag. :lol:

Apologies to wonderfully adjusted Steeler womenfolk fans. :D

Jooser
11-25-2009, 12:41 PM
I just think it's funny how other teams' fans make fun of the TT and trash it, then their own teams try to copy the idea and utilize it themselves. ...and the thing is, it never works because ultimately the fans waving them start to feel like **gulp** Steeler fans! :shock: :lol: If I were a Ravens fan sitting there Sunday night swirling that thing it would make me feel a little uneasy, if not downright queasy. There's no magic there for them, it never works. Go get your own idea LOSERS!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

birtikidis
11-25-2009, 01:51 PM
The Colts tried the same thing in '05 when we went up against them in the Playoffs. It worked well for them.

To this day, I don't think I have ever seen so many trashcans in one city filled up with white towels. You would have thought it was laundry day in the city in Indy.
I remember that colts game very well. I remember thinking, "wow the fans are already waving the white flag. must be ready to surrender. they know a loss is inevitable."

buckeyehoppy
11-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Accept No Substitutes!!!

The Terrible Towel = A Pittsburgh Original!

All others = C*m rags!