PDA

View Full Version : Steelers are confident Ben will play on Sunday

JAR
11-23-2009, 07:02 PM
per Ed Bouchette of the PPG via KDKA.

Ozey74
11-23-2009, 07:27 PM
We may not win with him, but we will lose without him.

:ratsuck

Jooser
11-23-2009, 07:46 PM
And per PFT:

Report: Roethlisberger "appears to be well enough" to play

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 23, 2009 5:03 PM ET
Fear not Steelers fans, Dennis Dixon, and NBC Sports executives. It sounds like Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be able to play this Sunday night against the Ravens.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Ben Roethlisberger "seems to be fine" after taking a hit to the head in overtime of Pittsburgh's loss to Kansas City.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin will not address the media until his regularly scheduled press conference Tuesday. Roethlisberger took various tests on Monday. Results aren't available yet, but Bouchette credits a source that says Roethlisberger "appears to be well enough" to play against the Ravens.

This report matches the positive early indications Mike Florio heard Sunday night.

Perhaps Ravens fans disagree, but we'll be happy to see Roethlisberger suit up against Baltimore simply because we love football.

The two teams provided three entertaining battles last year. And with the Steelers somewhat on the ropes, it would be a shame to see their title defense fall by the wayside with a third-string quarterback at the helm.

With two Ravens-Steelers bouts on the docket, the Ravens will still get their chances to knock the Steelers out. (And vice versa.)

JAR
11-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Since it looks like Ben is OK to go Sunday, the Steelers will look to sign a younger QB. My tip that it may be Palko could be correct.

SteelStallion
11-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Since it looks like Ben is OK to go Sunday, the Steelers will look to sign a younger QB. My tip that it may be Palko could be correct.

I thougt he was with Arizona for a while there. Is he available?

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 09:27 PM

He's playing with the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL.

JAR
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM

Yes he is available and wants to play in the NFL more than anything. The kid is determined and works hard. He could be a good pick up for a 3rd stringer. His downfall is he isn't that tall, he's only 6'

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sport ... palko.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2009/november/17/another-look-tyler-palko.html)

SteelStallion
11-23-2009, 09:43 PM

Yes he is available and wants to play in the NFL more than anything. The kid is determined and works hard. He could be a good pick up for a 3rd stringer. His downfall is he isn't that tall, he's only 6'

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sport ... palko.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2009/november/17/another-look-tyler-palko.html)

I'm a big Pitt fan and I've always been high on Palko. I think he could make it in the NFL and he'd be a great addition to the Steelers as a #3 or even #2.

JAR
11-23-2009, 09:59 PM

He's playing with the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL.

No he's not, he didn't go, he wants the NFL.

FWIW...

Mike Prisuta's Fourth & Goal Premium Story

By Mike Prisuta
SteelCityInsider.com
Date: Nov 23, 2009

Mike Prisuta says the Steelers have looked this bad in the past, yet roared back to win a Super Bowl. He also reports that the Steelers will sign Tyler Palko on Wednesday.

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Tyler Palko is the reason that Joe Flacco transferred out of Pitt and became a Delaware Blue Hen.

SteelStallion
11-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Good call by JAR if that's how it goes down. He's a capable athlete to put on PS.