PDA

View Full Version : Rats lose Fabian Washington

PSU_dropout43
11-23-2009, 06:01 PM
PFT

Ravens lose Fabian Washington
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 23, 2009 4:31 PM ET

Baltimore Ravens cornerback Fabian Washington is expected to miss the rest of the season after suffering a serious knee injury in Sunday's loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

"It looks like he has an ACL tear," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "We'll find out later today. Maybe the MRI will come back and tell us something different, but as of right now, we're proceeding as if he'll be done for the season."

The 26-year-old Washington has started all 10 games for the Ravens this season. Although Harbaugh wouldn't say who will start in Washington's place, it will likely be rookie Lardarius Webb, the Ravens' third-round daft pick.

"Lardarius is going to be a big part of the plans," Harbaugh said.

Flasteel
11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
PFT

Ravens lose Fabian Washington
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 23, 2009 4:31 PM ET

Baltimore Ravens cornerback Fabian Washington is expected to miss the rest of the season after suffering a serious knee injury in Sunday's loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

"It looks like he has an ACL tear," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "We'll find out later today. Maybe the MRI will come back and tell us something different, but as of right now, we're proceeding as if he'll be done for the season."

The 26-year-old Washington has started all 10 games for the Ravens this season. Although Harbaugh wouldn't say who will start in Washington's place, it will likely be rookie Lardarius Webb, the Ravens' third-round daft pick.

"Lardarius is going to be a big part of the plans," Harbaugh said.

That's too bad. I coached against Fabian in high school (he actually played for my alma mater) and also I called a couple of his years on TV as a play-by-play announcer.

I know he's a rat now, but I hate to see the kid suffer a serious injury. Good luck in his recovery.