PDA

View Full Version : Reports that Batch needs surgery

NW Steeler
11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Batch out 6 weeks. Ben with a concussion. WTH is going on!???!!

JAR
11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Steelers QB Batch out with injured wrist

Steelers QB Charlie Batch has a wrist injury that will require surgery this week and will sideline him six weeks, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported.
Steelers QB Charlie Batch, who would have been the starter if Ben Roethlisberger is unable to play this Sunday after taking a hit to the head, has a wrist injury that requires surgery and will sideline him for six weeks, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Batch was injured after he entered Sunday's overtime loss at Kansas City.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=4682002 (http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=&sa=TS&eid=4682002)

Jooser
11-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I figure that odds are, Big Ben will play Sunday.

NW Steeler
11-23-2009, 12:14 PM
I think you are right. Ben will play.

Oviedo
11-23-2009, 12:31 PM
This season just gets worse. Let's face it, it is just not happening this season. The fates are going against us this year. You can just feel it in the air as sure as the first snow of the year.

Oviedo
11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Byron Leftwich would sure look good in a Steelers' uniform right now.

JAR
11-23-2009, 12:37 PM
This season just gets worse. Let's face it, it is just not happening this season. The fates are going against us this year. You can just feel it in the air as sure as the first snow of the year.

People were saying the same thing in 05.

phillyesq
11-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Regardless of whether Ben plays this weekend, I think that the team almost has to bring in a veteran backup. If Ben can't go, the Steelers cannot go into a game with just Dennis Dixon at QB.

Does anybody have an idea of what veteran qbs are available? I'd imagine that the pool must be very shallow right now. I think maybe Patrick Ramsey is available? Perhaps Jeff Garcia too. In any event, I really hope that Ben recovers quickly.

MeetJoeGreene
11-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Man that is too bad.

I wonder if he will be IRed at this point.

Other wise if we bring in a 3rd QB we will have to cut someone.

I hope Dixon is ready,

steelblood
11-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Batch is a china doll. We need to stop bringing him back. For a guy who plays in about two games a year, it seems he is injured every season.

Oviedo, that sounds like pretty negative stuff from a guy like you. I think this team is in dire straits, but I'm not ready to pack it in yet. Even if Ben doesn't play and we lose this weekend, we'll still be in the wild card hunt.

steelblood
11-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Regardless of whether Ben plays this weekend, I think that the team almost has to bring in a veteran backup. If Ben can't go, the Steelers cannot go into a game with just Dennis Dixon at QB.

Does anybody have an idea of what veteran qbs are available? I'd imagine that the pool must be very shallow right now. I think maybe Patrick Ramsey is available? Perhaps Jeff Garcia too. In any event, I really hope that Ben recovers quickly.

We need a mobile guy or someone who gets the ball out quickly. I like Garcia, but I don't see them signing him.

SteelStallion
11-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Isn't Garcia older than Batch? :stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 01:19 PM
The Championship game for the UFL is this Friday. I think anyone who played in that league is free to sign with an interested NFL team after their season concludes.

Brooks Bollinger went 121 for 179 (67.6%) for 1526 yards, 14 TD's, and 3 INT's.

J.P. Losman went 102 for 163 (62.6%) for 1193 yards, 9 TD's, and 2 INT's.

Other QB's in that league like Shane Boyd, Quinn Gray, Ingle Martin, Mike McMahon, Chris Griesen, and Tim Rattay did not fair quite as well as the two I mentioned above.

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 01:24 PM

It feels like it is going to snow in Florida?

Mister Pittsburgh
11-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Have Hines take the snaps behind Dixon all week. He knows the offense better than any vet backup and could probably play just as well.

feltdizz
11-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Batch is a china doll. We need to stop bringing him back. For a guy who plays in about two games a year, it seems he is injured every season.

Oviedo, that sounds like pretty negative stuff from a guy like you. I think this team is in dire straits, but I'm not ready to pack it in yet. Even if Ben doesn't play and we lose this weekend, we'll still be in the wild card hunt.

Ben will not get hurt again... maybe this will change his play a little on taking so many hits.

Batch is mr. glass... I think he is doing a Bettis and getting hurt to stay on the roster. Something is up because I don't recall him taking a hit yesterday. Was it on the hand off?

frankthetank1
11-23-2009, 02:56 PM
oh my god this is terrible. batch is a solid back up but he has been hit with injurys hard the last few seasons. ben better be ok. no way do i want to see dixon playing. what else can really go wrong this season?

steelmann58
11-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Read on another web site Batch will need surgery on his wrist.

Starlifter
11-23-2009, 03:52 PM
this was charlies first snap in a game since 2007. i've always been a charlie fan, but clearly it's time for him to start working on his coaching resume.

skyhawk
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I can't believe it.

I had a dream Saturday night before the game that Dixon was running the offense in the second half of the season! :wft

kindlecatsb'ng
11-23-2009, 04:33 PM

I've been saying this for the last month to Bengal work peers. My memory is not as astute as many of yours on this forum; however, it seems we have way more injuries this year to significant players.

None the less--
Happy Thanksgiving and GO STEELERS! :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 04:52 PM

I've been saying this for the last month to Bengal work peers. My memory is not as astute as many of yours on this forum; however, it seems we have way more injuries this year to significant players.

None the less--
Happy Thanksgiving and GO STEELERS! :tt2

Except the Penguins. The injuries that they have been mounting up in the first quarter of the hockey season has been redonkulous.

Malkin
Talbot
Kennedy
Kunitz
Gonchar
Letang
Goligoski
Orpik
McKee

Ugh...at least a few of them are back now and we aren't fielding half the W-B/S Pens roster.

Shoe
11-23-2009, 06:37 PM
[quote="steelblood"]Batch is a china doll. We need to stop bringing him back. For a guy who plays in about two games a year, it seems he is injured every season./quote]

Seriously...
How the hell do you get injured for the year (which basically this is), playing THREE plays. F-n ridiculous. (Obviously, it's hard to get mad at someone who gets hurt and needs surgery, but c'mon Batch--sew It up).

Cleo F-n Lemon?! Are you joking me? This is a pretty shaky development, given that they have mortgaged the offensive balance in favor of being pass-happy. The negative (quite obviously, now) is that if we have to resort to a Cleo Lemon, WTF are we to do? No proven run game to lean on, makes it very difficult to imagine us succeeding long-term.

F-n Batch man... pu$sy

Jooser
11-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Leftwich is done for the year (elbow).

Steel Life
11-25-2009, 08:09 AM
I have yet to see HOW Batch hurt his wrist during the game & I looked for it during last night's NFL Network replay. Has anyone seen a report or story as to how it happened or did he fall in the shower after the game?