PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin looking for the 3-peat.

LasVegasGuy
11-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Hopefully, we can make more "splash plays" then the Ravens otherwise we could be looking at 3 losses in a row.

For such a great coach with a Super Bowl ring, awesome staff, hall of fame players, franchise quarterback, 2 Super Bowl MVP's and a soon to be hall of fame defensive coordinator this team is a complete, outcoached mess.

So Tomlin is it possible to lose 3 in a row?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__cLfPbhhwmw/SXPzimMnH7I/AAAAAAAABqU/duepxCRdPXI/s400/00+Yes+2.jpg

BURGH86STEEL
11-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Why do you dislike Tomlin so much?

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Hopefully, we can make more "splash plays" then the Ravens otherwise we could be looking at 3 losses in a row.

For such a great coach with a Super Bowl ring, awesome staff, hall of fame players, franchise quarterback, 2 Super Bowl MVP's and a soon to be hall of fame defensive coordinator this team is a complete, outcoached mess.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__cLfPbhhwmw/SXPzimMnH7I/AAAAAAAABqU/duepxCRdPXI/s400/00+Yes+2.jpg

Sure, it's possible to lose 3 in a row. But the last time we lost 2 games in a row, we responded with a 5 game winning streak, including wins over San Diego, Minnesota, and Denver.

LasVegasGuy
11-23-2009, 02:42 PM

I don't think I have ever had faith in his coaching abilities. The Chiefs loss, after already coming off an another embarassing loss, just renewed what I have been thinking all along.

LasVegasGuy
11-23-2009, 02:45 PM

Sure, it's possible to lose 3 in a row. But the last time we lost 2 games in a row, we responded with a 5 game winning streak, including wins over San Diego, Minnesota, and Denver.

Hopefully, you are right because we will need to win the next 5 just to make the playoffs.

frankthetank1
11-23-2009, 02:53 PM
funny LVG you only show up after losses. coincedence? nah not at all. you had no faith in tomlin even though they were sb champs last season? that makes sense. i can understand being skeptical before last season but not after. there has to be another reason you dont like tomlin. wonder what it could be :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 03:06 PM

Hopefully, you are right because we will need to win the next 5 just to make the playoffs.

I hope I'm right too! And if I am right, I hope you have a Great Thanksgiving, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, because we likely won't be seeing you around here at all during a 5 game win streak. I'll keep an eye out for you returning to blast Tomlin again after a loss to the Dolphins on 1-3-10. :wink:

BURGH86STEEL
11-23-2009, 03:17 PM

I don't think I have ever had faith in his coaching abilities. The Chiefs loss, after already coming off an another embarassing loss, just renewed what I have been thinking all along.

He's helped this team to make the playoffs and win a SB. I don't know what else he will need to do to convince you of his coaching abilities. Sure, this team loss close games this season. Most of those losses were a result of player mistakes on the field.

All teams, players, and coaches lose "embarrassing" games. I don't like to term losses embarrassing because I know they can lose any game. The other NFL teams have talent.

Funny how you did not come around and question his abilities when they won. Now you want to question them after a close loss. No offense but you are making yourself look like a fool.

LasVegasGuy
11-23-2009, 03:18 PM
funny LVG you only show up after losses. coincedence? nah not at all. you had no faith in tomlin even though they were sb champs last season? that makes sense. i can understand being skeptical before last season but not after. there has to be another reason you dont like tomlin. wonder what it could be :roll:

Frank do you care to take a look at my posts and try to find one single post that I made after the Bengals loss. I could have jumped all over Tomlin but I refrained myself. I just couldn't stay away after we lost to the lowly Chiefs. Tomlin is once again on my last nerve.

feltdizz
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM

10-6 first season, playoff loss and Ben also had 3 INT's in the first half.
12-4 SB winners...
6-4

Tomlin is 28-14... that's a .750 winning percentage. I would scream racist but it would be a compliment.

LasVegasGuy
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM

He's helped this team to make the playoffs and win a SB. I don't know what else he will need to do to convince you of his coaching abilities. Sure, this team loss close games this season. Most of those losses were a result of player mistakes on the field.

All teams, players, and coaches lose "embarrassing" games. I don't like to term losses embarrassing because I know they can lose any game. The other NFL teams have talent.

Funny how you did not come around and question his abilities when they won. Now you want to question them after a close loss. No offense but you are making yourself look like a fool.

The only fools are the ones that believe Tomlin and Switzer are great coaches because they won a Super Bowl with someone else team.

LasVegasGuy
11-23-2009, 03:23 PM

12-4 SB winners...
6-4

Tomlin is 28-14... that's a .750 winning percentage. I would scream racist but it would be a compliment.

With those stats it's amazing that we would have a close call win against the Lions and a lose to the Chiefs. What's next a loss to the Raiders?

feltdizz
11-23-2009, 03:29 PM

12-4 SB winners...
6-4

With those stats it's amazing that we would have a close call win against the Lions and a lose to the Chiefs. What's next a loss to the Raiders?

it could happen... LOL!!! Anything can happen in football. We need to stop passing all over the field like we don't have a decent run game.

I want Tomlin to crack some skulls too.. but when we win you do tend to disappear.

feelthesteel
11-23-2009, 03:51 PM
i think LVG has a legit gripe
we should win the games were suppose to win.
now i think correct me if im wrong
wasnt it a Cowher lineup that won the SB
as far as players he drafted?
i think the jury is still out on MT.
Did he chose Arians?
Thank god he stuck with Lebeau personally.
Also we didnt exactly blow out the Cardinals
that was very very close.
And like MT said he wasnt satisfied winning the SB
because his stamp wasnt on it.
Regardless i want badly to win number 7

you know i wish Shannahan was available
after Cowher from what ive heard and seen
he would have been a good candidate..

feltdizz
11-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Did he chose Arians?

This isn't college... and if Shannahan was available he would win with Cowhers players.

You guys remind me of the Obama haters who ask why he flies on airforce one and spends taxpayers money.

Newsflash people.. these are Steeler players. Now if Tomlin goes 0-16 or loses the rest of his games you guys have a legitimate gripe. Let me add... I'm mad at our performance as well... but to jump so far off the cliff after this loss is too much.

oh.. and Cowhers players lost to the RAIDERS so ummm.... not a good analogy.

feelthesteel
11-23-2009, 04:01 PM
why is it always rascist
and obama related?

LasVegasGuy
11-23-2009, 04:10 PM
why is it always rascist
and obama related?

Dude, it's all they got and that is how they defend Tomlin. While we may see a Switzer type in Tomlin these guys already see him as a future hall of fame coach. :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Did he chose Arians?

Shanahan only won with Dan Reeves' players. :stirpot :lol:

Oviedo
11-23-2009, 04:33 PM

Like most other lower life forms that typically live under rocks he only comes out when it is darkest.

The agenda he has has nothing to do with Tomlin as a coach but it is the only way he can camoflage his real intentions and feelings.

LasVegasGuy
11-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Did he chose Arians?

In the beggining yes but then he was able to keep the Bronocs competitive long after Reeves players left.

We won't know if the Steelers are going to be competitive under Tomlin until after we see at least 50% turnover from Cowher's Super Bowl team. That is when I will crown him king but until then he is just some coach that walked into a perfect situation with the Steelers.

Oviedo
11-23-2009, 04:42 PM

The only fools are the ones that believe Tomlin and Switzer are great coaches because they won a Super Bowl with someone else team.

This just shows how ridiculous your posts are and what your agenda really is. The team that won is nothing like Cowher's team. Almost a completely new OL. A two time Super Bowl winning QB that the great Cowher didn't want. A Defensive Player of the Year who Cowher wouldn't let start over the great Clark Haggens. A OLB who had a record two sacks in every play off game was not drafted by Cowher.

Given your logic it would take a coach about 5-6 years to get any credit for anything. I guess Cowher went to that first Super Bowl with Noll's guys right. I guess all his early success was a result of Noll and the stumbles in the late 90's and early this decade was the real Cowher with "his guys.".

LasVegasGuy
11-23-2009, 04:45 PM

Like most other lower life forms that typically live under rocks he only comes out when it is darkest.

The agenda he has has nothing to do with Tomlin as a coach but it is the only way he can camoflage his real intentions and feelings.

You mean something like this.
http://www.slapyo.com/wp-content/thats_racist.gif

Black or white losing to the Chiefs is unacceptable with the talent on this team. If you don't want to see it for what it is then just keep your Tomlin blinders on.

LasVegasGuy
11-23-2009, 04:46 PM

This just shows how ridiculous your posts are and what your agenda really is. The team that won is nothing like Cowher's team. Almost a completely new OL. A two time Super Bowl winning QB that the great Cowher didn't want. A Defensive Player of the Year who Cowher wouldn't let start over the great Clark Haggens. A OLB who had a record two sacks in every play off game was not drafted by Cowher.

Given your logic it would take a coach about 5-6 years to get any credit for anything. I guess Cowher went to that first Super Bowl with Noll's guys right. I guess all his early success was a result of Noll and the stumbles in the late 90's and early this decade was the real Cowher with "his guys.".

Is this STLRZD or his life partner?

You mean the same DPOTY who was cut by the Ravens? As for Woodley where has he been since? At this point I would take one sack a game now.

True Fan
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM

12-4 SB winners...
6-4

ummm, isn't it .666 winning percentrage ?

ikestops85
11-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Did he chose Arians?

In the beggining yes but then he was able to keep the Bronocs competitive long after Reeves players left.

We won't know if the Steelers are going to be competitive under Tomlin until after we see at least 50% turnover from Cowher's Super Bowl team. That is when I will crown him king but until then he is just some coach that walked into a perfect situation with the Steelers.

I'm not sure if you are talking a turnover of 50% of the starters or the whole team. Let's look at the starters and see where we are at.

Offense - 8 new starters
Defense - 6 new starters

Okay, that's 14 out of the 22 or 63.6%

Now for the entire team it's 33 out of 53 players that weren't on the 2005 roster or 62%. Now, whose team is it, Cowhers or Tomlins?

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 05:15 PM

12-4 SB winners...
6-4

Oh no! It's the number of the beast! Tomlin must be the spawn of Satan to have such a winning percentage! All Tomlin supporters are going to hell. Consider yourself lucky to be among the non-supporters, True Fan. Your soul will be spared. :evil: :twisted: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Did he chose Arians?

I'm not sure if you are talking a turnover of 50% of the starters or the whole team. Let's look at the starters and see where we are at.

Offense - 8 new starters
Defense - 6 new starters

Okay, that's 14 out of the 22 or 63.6%

Now for the entire team it's 33 out of 53 players that weren't on the 2005 roster or 62%. Now, whose team is it, Cowhers or Tomlins?

It's Kevin Colbert's team! Until Colbert is fired, we will never know if Tomlin is any good.

No, wait, it's the Rooney family's team! Until the Rooneys sell the team, we will never know if Tomlin is any good.

:stirpot :wink:

True Fan
11-23-2009, 05:17 PM

12-4 SB winners...
6-4

Oh no! It's the number of the beast! Tomlin must be the spawn of Satan to have such a winning percentage! All Tomlin supporters are going to hell. Consider yourself lucky to be among the non-supporters, True Fan. Your soul will be spared. :evil: :twisted: :lol:

i was only pointing out the simple math but i do feel better after reading your assessment...thanks
:D

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 05:20 PM
[quote=feltdizz]
12-4 SB winners...
6-4

i was only pointing out the simple math but i do feel better after reading your assessment...thanks
:D[/quote:1h28pfi8]

In order to save my own soul, I think we better round up to .667

Now I feel better too. :P

eniparadoxgma
11-23-2009, 09:23 PM

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7286/1255649745924.jpg (http://img100.imageshack.us/i/1255649745924.jpg/)

feltdizz
11-23-2009, 10:00 PM
why is it always rascist
and obama related?

because it's easy for people like you to understand when put in that context....

Seriously though... When you have to wait 8 years to cheer for a coach it's pathetic. When a coach is winning more than losing and we keep hearing how he is a loser it's pathetic. I have no problem with a person doubting a coach but this is pathetic....

LVG is the guy at the bar who plays 10 games a pool and wins 3 times and runs around talking about how he proved he is better because he dominated 3 games.

feelthesteel
11-23-2009, 10:47 PM
people like me -you dont know me pal.
i dont have a prejudice bone in body lets get that straight.

i dont care if your green,purple, etc..

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
11-23-2009, 11:08 PM

You wear your hate right on your sleeve don't ya? Why don't you just come out and say it already, we all know what you are digging at and It's pathetic. You are probably one of those we todd's screaming about the goverment taking over your Medicare. Either that or you took a bath in the vegas real estate market and are just a self hater looking for a way to make yourself feel better, either way it's just sad...

True Fan
11-23-2009, 11:29 PM

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7286/1255649745924.jpg (http://img100.imageshack.us/i/1255649745924.jpg/)

apparently you dont understand simple mathematical ratios either... not surprising tho"

DHSF
11-23-2009, 11:50 PM
As for Woodley where has he been since? At this point I would take one sack a game now.

So you would settle for a mere 16 sacks per season. Anything less and he is a bust, right?

eniparadoxgma
11-24-2009, 01:26 AM
apparently you dont understand simple mathematical ratios either... not surprising tho"

frankthetank1
11-24-2009, 08:51 AM

Frank do you care to take a look at my posts and try to find one single post that I made after the Bengals loss. I could have jumped all over Tomlin but I refrained myself. I just couldn't stay away after we lost to the lowly Chiefs. Tomlin is once again on my last nerve.

tomlin was on your last nerve when he was hired. wow you skipped the bengals game congrats. i was skeptical of tomlin at first but it was because of his age and expierence. the same went for cowher, but after cowher's first few seasons i was assured he was a good coach. tomlin won a sb in year two, if that doesnt breed confidence in tomlin nothing will. were you skeptical of cowher when he was hired? you do realize most coaches in the nfl dont win a sb right? not everything is tomlin's fault you know. the whole entire team and coaching staff is to blame not just tomlin

NWNewell
11-24-2009, 09:32 AM

:nono Your accusation is complete, unfounded mess.

518 total yards to 218 & Time of Possession 44-22 (includes OT) in favor of the Steelers. The Steelers dominated the tempo of almost all of the game.

Unfortunately, they got 7 points of undisciplined execution of kick coverage. This is far less Tomlin's fault than the ST coach and players. Also a freak INT off of Miller's hands that resulted in 7 points for KC, Tomlin's fault?

If you want to look at HC influence on the team... lets look at Mendenhall and what he has done since Tomlin took some action towards him. He's become a great asset and he saved 4 points by pure hustle on the one INT (this from a guy whose work ethic was in question). Mendenhall and Holmes started pursuit of the return from about the same yardline, but Mendenhall started from the other side of the field. But it was Holmes who gave up on the pursuit and it was Mendenhall that stopped him from getting in the endzone and allowing the defense to hold them to only a FG on first and goal from the 4yd line.

Let's also look at the attitude of the team. Unselfish, accountable, team-first mentality.

This game was a series of fortunate events, mistakes, and mis-cues from everyone from the top to the bottom. But I don't think the team was flat, unprepared, or out coached. KC did not have their number in the least. It was simply sloppy and undisciplined at times. That is something that Tomlin needs to get on their azz about... but in the end... the players are the one that have to keep it together on the field and maintain their discipline. Sure Tomlin could take action against everyone that makes mistakes, bench them... put someone else in there (play starters on specical teams). Sometimes it's warranted. But sometimes its the easy quick fix that will be detrimental in the long run. Not what a HC should do... nor something the Steelers organization is would support. Why do you think this franchise is a steady contender year in and year out. Because we don't make brash moves on a whim.

But hey.... keep on hatin' if that's what makes you happy. I understand that everyone's opinions are shaded by their perspective on life.

NWNewell
11-24-2009, 09:41 AM
I could have jumped all over Tomlin but I refrained myself. I just couldn't stay away after we lost to the lowly Chiefs. Tomlin is once again on my last nerve.

This post says it all. Everyone needs a skape goat. For some it's Ben, others BA, for you it's obviously Tomlin.

proudpittsburgher
11-24-2009, 11:05 AM
[quote="True Fan":ftrqqan4]

apparently you dont understand simple mathematical ratios either... not surprising tho"[/quote:ftrqqan4]

I believe he was referring to your unimpressive body of work, not this single post, but nice try though.

NWNewell
11-24-2009, 11:21 AM
[quote="True Fan":ts8fmh7y]

I believe he was referring to your unimpressive body of work, not this single post, but nice try though.[/quote:ts8fmh7y]

And actually... I don't think you understand simple mathematical ratios either. Because no were in this post did anyone make reference to Tomlin's win/lose ratio. Do you know what a mathematical ratio is?

Sorry, I just had to point out how funny it is when someone's insult does nothing but expose their own ineptitude.

feelthesteel
11-24-2009, 11:33 AM
In all honesty though
when the Steelers hired Tomlin
i can bet that noone said
wow great choice-i doubt it.
Our faith in the Rooney's is what we go on.
i think most wanted Wisenhunt.
Now i think time will tell
how great a coach he really is someone said 5 years
but one thing he did inherit a great team. ala Switzer.

I just hope and pray he can get us back to the big game.
and we bounce back after this horrendous game.
We have the makeup and i know its not easy
but you cant lose to ****ty teams.
especially when your a SB defender that didnt lose many players after the SB.

like that NFL today or whatever were they have a segment
O COME ON.....

feltdizz
11-24-2009, 12:03 PM
That big shiny number 6 doesn't count because it wasn't with Tomlins players?

Do the Tomlin haters realize for Tomlin to prove himself 5 to 6 years from now without Cowhers players endorses Tomlin should get a new contract and be here for a long time?

aggiebones
11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
why in the hell would you blame Tomlin?

He's the youngest member of the staff?
Blame should fall on the guys calling the plays, correct? Arians and Lebeau.
I'm not saying they should be blamed either because I know teams lose and I don't let me knee jerk like that.
But Tomlin would likely be down the list of those to get blame, even though he's asked for it.
He's learning how to be a head coach, just like Noll and Cowher had to do before him. Just like the guy in KC, Denver, etc.
None of them had control of everything. The Rooneys aren't stupid.
Even though we have won 2 Super Bowls recently, this is not the best team ever. They will lose and to bad teams occasionally.

But every single time we lose a game, someone jumps to blame Tomlin. Well, yea alot of coaches get blame. And rightly so, but OK, move on. Maybe its their fault, but even Lombardi, Noll, Shula, etc all lost and even had bad seasons.

Let's say they win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years. Then had a 4-12 season. Everyone would be ready to fire Tomlin, despite the 2 SB wins.

Ben won a Super Bowl in 2005. Was it all his doing? Maybe a little bit and that's all. But he's got another one, albeit with support again.

No coach won a game with good decisions. His team had to do the job for 60 minutes. It wasn't all preparation. They had to give effort. Steeler players were off again on Sunday and they better right the ship soon.
Tomlin or no Tomlin.