View Full Version : Worst name in the NFL

rpmpit
11-23-2009, 11:51 AM
No, not Will Gay...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/ryan_succop.jpg

phillyesq
11-23-2009, 01:21 PM
No, not Will Gay...

My friend's girlfriend was at the bar yesterday, and she said the same thing.

Wolfhound45
11-23-2009, 01:43 PM
I will take this guy as a kicker in a heart beat. On kickoffs he gets it to the endzone every time. Not sure how good of a place kicker he is.

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 02:22 PM
I will take this guy as a kicker in a heart beat. On kickoffs he gets it to the endzone every time. Not sure how good of a place kicker he is.

Wrong. In terms of average kick-off length, Succop is the worst in the league (among guys with at least 10 kickoffs). His average kick travels 57.9 yards (landing at the 12 yard line). Jeff Reed is the 3rd worst in the league, with his average kick travelling 60 yards (landing at the 10 yard line).

Wolfhound45
11-23-2009, 02:47 PM

Wrong. In terms of average kick-off length, Succop is the worst in the league (among guys with at least 10 kickoffs). His average kick travels 57.9 yards (landing at the 12 yard line). Jeff Reed is the 3rd worst in the league, with his average kick travelling 60 yards (landing at the 10 yard line).

You can say wrong all you want. I saw where the ball landed Sunday. In the endzone.

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 02:59 PM

You can say wrong all you want. I saw where the ball landed Sunday. In the endzone.

I remember the two touchbacks when Burnett came into the end zone to tell Logan to take a knee. But just looking at this game is a small sample size. I was looking at the season as a whole up to this point.

By the way, when I posted those numbers before, the NFL hadn't updated their stats to reflect yesterday's games yet. Now they have. After that game, Reed has 50 kickoffs for a 60.5 average and Succop has 43 kickoffs for a 59.4 yard average. So instead of being 2.1 yards worse than Reed on average, now Succop is only 1.1 yards worse than Reed on average. But Succop is still the worst in the league with Reed the 3rd worst (with Washington's Shaun Suisham between them).

There are times when stats can lie, but in the case of a guy kicking off a tee, and the statistic being where on the field those kicks land, the numbers are pretty straightforward.