PDA

View Full Version : My Grades for today

drprwnap
11-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Okay, now that I've calmed down a bit, I'll try to make an objective opinion.

QB: C- Ben did not make good decisions today. On the int in the end zone, why didn't he run? He had the "deer in the headlights" look last week and was not sharp today.

RB: B. I thought Mendy did a good job. Another case of giving up on the run.

OL: C Don't know what to say about this group. At times they looked good, other times I was scratching my head.

WR: C+ Made some plays. Can't fault Heath too much. The guy is human after all.

DL: C- No pressure, give up big runs at critical times

LB: B- Woodley had a good game, Harrison getting held like crazy (blind ref), Potsy study, Timmions ????

DB: F- Can't ANYONE catch the effin ball???? I realize these guys aren't receivers but for god sake catch ONE!!

ST: F- F- F- Is there a grade lower than a triple F minus??? If there is, these guys DESERVE it.

Coaching: F- It's not only Tomlin, guys (but it starts there). WTF happened to the D in the second half? What the hell was LeBeau calling. No pressure on the QB, playing not to lose. God, I hate that. If the other team can beat the blitz, they they deserve to win. Give ANY NFL QB time, and he will usually beat you. Brucey boy with his pitch on 3rd and 2 in the O.T. was one of the WORST calls I have ever seen. Tomlin and his "situational football" AGREES with this call?????? ST coach should be paying the Rooneys for his job.

There you have it. Take it (or not) for what's it worth. The thing that really pisses me off more that anything is that this team does not seem to be getting any BETTER. My previous thread about bye bye playoffs was out of anger but.....if this them doesn't get their $hit together SOON, I may be right (hope not).

BATMAN
11-23-2009, 12:12 AM
Ben --------- B

O-line --------- C

Runningback - B+

Receivers------ B

D-line--------- C

Linebacker----B

Corners-------D-

Special teams------ F

Coaching-----D+

Steeler fans at the game A+

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2009, 02:36 PM
QB: C- Ben did not make good decisions today. On the int in the end zone, why didn't he run? He had the "deer in the headlights" look last week and was not sharp today.

Ben was 32-42 for 398 yards and 3 TD's. How is that "not sharp"?

On the INT in the end zone, he was hit as he threw, which caused the ball to flutter into the arms of the linebacker. Why didn't he run there? He was in the process of being hit! And his other INT hit Miller in the hands. This was nowhere close to a C- performance.

LB: B- Woodley had a good game, Harrison getting held like crazy (blind ref), Potsy study, Timmions ????

Why does Timmons get question marks? Did you miss his sack and forced fumble that Harrison recovered? Timmons looked like he was all over the field in this game.

papillon
11-24-2009, 02:47 PM

It's hard to give a QB a C- that just passed for 398 yards, but, Ben certainly wasn't as sharp as we've seen in the past. Again, too many drives not ending up in the end zone and he has to bear the brunt for some of that. I'd give him a C for the day. His play during his career has increased what my expectations of what he can do.

RB: B. I thought Mendy did a good job. Another case of giving up on the run.

Mendenhall has to get an "A" just for hustling to catch Studebaker and prevent a TD that would have cost the Steelers the game in regulation.

OL: C Don't know what to say about this group. At times they looked good, other times I was scratching my head.

WR: C+ Made some plays. Can't fault Heath too much. The guy is human after all.

You can fault Heath for the drop, that's one that he has to come up with. You can't afford to drop drive sustaining passes.

DL: C- No pressure, give up big runs at critical times

Seemed like Timmons was all over the field to me. You can't expect game changing plays on every defensive snap.

DB: F- Can't ANYONE catch the effin ball???? I realize these guys aren't receivers but for god sake catch ONE!!

ST: F- F- F- Is there a grade lower than a triple F minus??? If there is, these guys DESERVE it.

The special teams need to report to the remedial football. There is no grade for the abysmal play by this unit this year. They went from a strength to a weakness in one year.

Coaching: F- It's not only Tomlin, guys (but it starts there). WTF happened to the D in the second half? What the hell was LeBeau calling. No pressure on the QB, playing not to lose. God, I hate that. If the other team can beat the blitz, they they deserve to win. Give ANY NFL QB time, and he will usually beat you. Brucey boy with his pitch on 3rd and 2 in the O.T. was one of the WORST calls I have ever seen. Tomlin and his "situational football" AGREES with this call?????? ST coach should be paying the Rooneys for his job.

Hard to argue here, each and every coach seemed lost during this game. It happens, they'll rebound, they're a good bunch.

There you have it. Take it (or not) for what's it worth. The thing that really pisses me off more that anything is that this team does not seem to be getting any BETTER. My previous thread about bye bye playoffs was out of anger but.....if this them doesn't get their $hit together SOON, I may be right (hope not).

Pappy

ikestops85
11-24-2009, 03:38 PM

Okay, all I can say about your rating of Ben is
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0822/hunh.jpg

As the game was being played out I kept thinking this has been one of the best games Ben has ever played. He was throwing tacklers off of him like the commercial. Yes he threw 2 interceptions but one went right through Heath's hands. The other was his fault, he held on to the ball too long, but it wasn't picked off because he wasn't sharp.

The guy completed 76% of his passes for close to 400 yards with 3 TDs. His stats would have been better if Hines, Heath and Wallace held on to the ball. Wallace might have run for a TD if the ball wasn't poked out of his hands.

Sorry but I have to disagree with your assessment of Ben completely. He got an A in my book and except for the one INT it would have been an A+.

grotonsteel
11-24-2009, 04:28 PM

As the game was being played out I kept thinking this has been one of the best games Ben has ever played. He was throwing tacklers off of him like the commercial. Yes he threw 2 interceptions but one went right through Heath's hands. The other was his fault, he held on to the ball too long, but it wasn't picked off because he wasn't sharp.

The guy completed 76% of his passes for close to 400 yards with 3 TDs. His stats would have been better if Hines, Heath and Wallace held on to the ball. Wallace might have run for a TD if the ball wasn't poked out of his hands.

Sorry but I have to disagree with your assessment of Ben completely. He got an A in my book and except for the one INT it would have been an A+.

:Clap :Agree

drprwnap
11-25-2009, 12:47 AM

Great picture! :Bow You know after reading the responses, I was a little too hard on Ben. Guess I wasn't as calm as I thought. Anyway, after re-watching the game (on my DVR) I'll re-grade him a B+.