steelerkeylargo
11-23-2009, 12:34 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, WTF is up w this post
Ben had 398 yards

good one. :Clap

feltdizz
11-23-2009, 03:51 PM
When Ben throws more then 27 times a game..LOL!!!

Sorry fella's but it's true.. the more a QB passes the worse his chances are for success...

and please don't bring up Brady because over half his passes are screens, RB releases or 4 yard drags to Welker..

gotta run to win in this league over the long haul IMO.

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 04:43 PM
It wasn't as if we seemingly ignored the run game yesterday like we did against the Bengals with 40 passes and 18 runs. Yesterday's game had 44 passes and 31 runs.

And the passing game was much more effective. (174 passing yards out of those 40 attempts from Ben vs. Cincy as opposed to 415 passing yards out of those 42 attempts from Ben and 2 attempts from Batch against K.C.)

Granted, the Bengals have a much better pass D than the Chiefs, but getting 241 more yards out of the passing game this week with only 4 more attempts is certainly a significant improvement!

feltdizz
11-23-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't know ruthless.. Seemed like a ton of wasted yards when you lose...no different then the Oakland loss where we had a rack of yards and a loss.

I think QBs should have yards subtracted when an INT is returned just like running backs do when they have a run for a loss.

I don't think the yardage is as much of an issue as the balanced playcalling during the game. Mend gets 8 yards on 1st and we drop back to pass with the back up?

NJ-STEELER
11-23-2009, 09:22 PM
the bottom line is turnovers.

dont care if its an INT by ben

a tipped pass by heath that lands for an INT

a fumble by logan on ST

or a fumble by mendenhall as we're truying to run/run the clock out

until that stops, we'll let lesser teams stick close

i hated the playcallinmg when batch when in there, but this OL is far from guarenteed to pick up 2 yards in 2 downs to get a 1st down, especically when the defense see a back up coming in and will likly look for the run

NorthCoast
11-23-2009, 10:31 PM
the bottom line is turnovers.

dont care if its an INT by ben

a tipped pass by heath that lands for an INT

a fumble by logan on ST

or a fumble by mendenhall as we're truying to run/run the clock out

until that stops, we'll let lesser teams stick close

i hated the playcallinmg when batch when in there, but this OL is far from guarenteed to pick up 2 yards in 2 downs to get a 1st down, especically when the defense see a back up coming in and will likly look for the run

Don't forget the OL was battered by the end of the game. We had at least 3 players switched due to Kemo and Starks injuries. No run was guaranteed at that point.

SteelAbility
11-24-2009, 11:25 AM
31 of 42 for 398 yards and a loss? Well, that means TOs and STs probably, right? I'll never complain about 75% completions at 9.5 YPA. I will complain about being sloppy with the ball and consistently spotting yardage and or scores on STs.