PDA

View Full Version : 56 points now.....

SteelTorch
11-22-2009, 05:24 PM
That we have given up on turnovers/kicks. Unbelievable.

On top of that, all the off-season reports of our team having a soft training camp are looking legit. This team has all the hallmarks of one that is ill-prepared and ill-disciplined. This is no way to play in a season and definitely not a way to play when you're trying to win a 7th Superbowl.

Tomlin has got to do something, because this is downright embarrassing and inexcusable. :x

Jooser
11-22-2009, 05:25 PM
SLOP

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 05:27 PM

On top of that, all the off-season reports of our team having a soft training camp are looking legit. This team has all the hallmarks of one that is ill-prepared and ill-disciplined. This is no way to play in a season and definitely not a way to play when you're trying to win a 7th Superbowl.

Tomlin has got to do something, because this is downright embarrassing and inexcusable. :x

Did they look legit on the 5 game winning streak?

Steeler Mafia
11-22-2009, 05:28 PM
F'N PATHETIC!

SteelTorch
11-22-2009, 05:31 PM

Yes....even when we were winning, we were having problems. Where were you when we were complaining about all the penalties, turnovers, weak 4th-quarter D, and inability to finish teams off?

True Fan
11-22-2009, 05:33 PM

Yes....even when we were winning, we were having problems. Where were you when we were complaining about all the penalties, turnovers, weak 4th-quarter D, and inability to finish teams off?

he was busy ironing his cheerleader skirt

SteelTorch
11-22-2009, 05:36 PM

he was busy ironing his cheerleader skirt
Didn't ask your opinion on this either, troll. :wink:

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 05:43 PM

I was here.

My point is in Tomlin's first season we limped into the playoffs because training camp was "too hard".

Now this season it was "too soft".

What is this, Goldilocks and the 3 bears? :D

I'm just saying I don't think training camp has anything to do with it. It appears to be a culmination of injuries and sloppy play.

Injuries can't be corrected, but sloppy play can.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-22-2009, 06:55 PM
[quote=SteelTorch]That we have given up on turnovers/kicks. Unbelievable.

I was here.

My point is in Tomlin's first season we limped into the playoffs because training camp was "too hard".

Now this season it was "too soft".

What is this, Goldilocks and the 3 bears? :D

I'm just saying I don't think training camp has anything to do with it. It appears to be a culmination of injuries and sloppy play.

Injuries can't be corrected, but sloppy play can.[/quote:33m4i2y3]

Then why isn't Tomlin doing anything to correct it? If I had to use one word to characterize the play of the Steelers overall this season, it might be "sloppy."
A few series, or a game, you might put only on the players. But when we see it game after game for the whole season, you rightly begin to wonder whether the HC is taking care of business.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 06:59 PM
I can understand where you would wonder, but I find it difficult to believe he's not trying to do anything about it.

Perhaps what he's trying simply isn't working and he needs to find a different way?

Steel Life
11-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Guys - Tomlin can drill them in practice until they fall over, but if they don't execute during the game then it doesn't make one bit of difference. Besides, any of you guys gonna get in James Harrison's face & tell him that he's not trying?

SteelCrazy
11-22-2009, 07:05 PM

In Tomlins first year there were reports that he was over working the team. Now he doesnt work them hard enough? I dont have the answer, but I know this isn't it.