PDA

View Full Version : 3RD and 2 SWEEP ?

Steelhere10
11-22-2009, 05:23 PM
A head scratcher indeed. With the slowest running back on the roster. BA does it again.

Steeler Mafia
11-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Brucey at his best! Way to go OC! You just cost us yet another game to a sub level team. Will someone wake up and fire this bum please!!!

SteelTorch
11-22-2009, 05:29 PM
With all due respect, it wasn't just Bruce Arians this time. Maybe if our special teams didn't forget how to tackle, and Ben wasn't throwing pick-sixes, we wouldn't be in this position.

Even the defense didn't get it done today. Letting Cassell score at the last minute twice in a row is inexcusable, plain and simple.

feltdizz
11-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Brucey at his best! Way to go OC! You just cost us yet another game to a sub level team. Will someone wake up and fire this bum please!!!

while it was a bad call... it did not cost us the game. over 500 yards on offense and 3 TD's and we lost..

wtf does an offense have to do? Oh yeah.. not throw INT's...

we do need to run more though.. the air show is exciting but isn't grinding enough clock and our D is a 3rd and please take the 1st down machine without Troy..

True Fan
11-22-2009, 05:31 PM
A head scratcher indeed. With the slowest running back on the roster. BA does it again.

tomlin must have thought it was a good call because he didn't overrule it..........splash splash

winwithd
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Isn't the shortest distance between two points a straight line? Why run outside? Especially when the opposing defense has played for more than 40 minutes already.

On the interception returned 90 yards why not run the ball? These guys are giving up 140 yd a game on the ground.

Was the Chiefs first sack on an empty backfield again? Ughh!

Eddie Spaghetti
11-22-2009, 05:33 PM
the first down call on that drive was even worse. 1st and 10 on your opponets 43 and you go empty backfield with a back up QB?

thats effing pathetic.

hand the ball to your running back and win the gatdamn game.

Steeler Mafia
11-22-2009, 05:35 PM
WE WERE IN FG RANGE AND HE RUNS A SWEEP ON 3RD AND 2??? NOW IT ISN'T HIS FAULT??? TIME TO CALL A SPADE A SPADE MY FRIEND! ARIANS SHOWS US AGAIN WHY HE IS SUCH AN OFFENSIVE DORK! IF IT WASN'T FOR BEN'S CREATIVITY IN THE REDZONE, WE WOULDN'T OF EVEN MADE THE 24 POINTS. BA NEEDS TO GO IMMEDIATLEY AFTER THIS SEASON, WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH OVER NOW ANYWAY. THANKS BRUCIE, YOU PUTZ!

feltdizz
11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
WE WERE IN FG RANGE AND HE RUNS A SWEEP ON 3RD AND 2??? NOW IT ISN'T HIS FAULT??? TIME TO CALL A SPADE A SPADE MY FRIEND! ARIANS SHOWS US AGAIN WHY HE IS SUCH AN OFFENSIVE DORK! IF IT WASN'T FOR BEN'S CREATIVITY IN THE REDZONE, WE WOULDN'T OF EVEN MADE THE 24 POINTS. BA NEEDS TO GO IMMEDIATLEY AFTER THIS SEASON, WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH OVER NOW ANYWAY. THANKS BRUCIE, YOU PUTZ!

we weren't in FG range or we would have kicked a FG on 4th down.. LOL!!!

Ben's creativity also resulted in a 14 point swing. I understand the frustration but sheez.. 500 yards and 3 TD's and we are in OT? ST's, TO's and the D on 3rd down cost us this game.

Steeler Mafia
11-22-2009, 05:43 PM

Ben's creativity also resulted in a 14 point swing. I understand the frustration but sheez.. 500 yards and 3 TD's and we are in OT? ST's, TO's and the D on 3rd down cost us this game.

I admit that I am venting but that doesn't change my opinion of BA. All of you that defend him really have blinders on.

Oh...and if you don't remember...WE WERE IN OT WITH THE F'N CHIEFS.....THE CHIEFS!?!

Something needs to change and it needs to happen today!

grotonsteel
11-22-2009, 06:06 PM
I need to vent:

Fcuk the Steelers D. They got schooled by Matt Cassell.

Who the hell are KC receivers???? Chambers and Wade??? Are u fcuking kidding me.

Dick lebeau please retire.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
lost in all of this is the pathetic punt by sepulveda into the end zone.

this version of the steelers is very hard to like.

Tomlinator
11-22-2009, 06:33 PM
the first down call on that drive was even worse. 1st and 10 on your opponets 43 and you go empty backfield with a back up QB?

thats effing pathetic.

hand the ball to your running back and win the gatdamn game.

:Agree

Yikes! I groaned out loud when they went empty backfield with Batch. Mendy was running hard. Give him the ball.

Djfan
11-22-2009, 06:34 PM
You're all right. It's systemic. This is a leadership issue IMO.

AND, I still think Tomlin is a great coach, so don't read into it, if possible.

But I doubt it is.

birtikidis
11-22-2009, 07:42 PM

we were in FG range. it would have been a 52 yd kick if we kicked it on 3rd down. the sweep was a loss of 3-4 yards effectively taking us out of FG range.
my gripe with this play is, why pull your fastest two running backs and run the ball outside. instead you put your slowest back in and try it! and to top it off MM was running hard in between the tackles every other time we ran him inside!

NJ-STEELER
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM

Ben's creativity also resulted in a 14 point swing. .

??