11-22-2009, 05:22 PM
splash splash splash

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 05:24 PM
troll troll troll

FTFY.

Djfan
11-22-2009, 05:49 PM
I actually think the troll has a point. They looked sloppy.

It seems to me that Ben needs to get over the need to throw the big hit each time he hikes the ball. IMO much of the sacks and picks were his fault.

This is a leadership thing IMO. Ben said recently that he doesn't use the film room much because he doesn't like it. I could swear that I saw a few open receivers underneath that were left alone.

It seems like we should have been up 17-0 in the first quarter, but shot ourselvs in the foot.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 06:02 PM

It seems to me that Ben needs to get over the need to throw the big hit each time he hikes the ball. IMO much of the sacks and picks were his fault.

This is a leadership thing IMO. Ben said recently that he doesn't use the film room much because he doesn't like it. I could swear that I saw a few open receivers underneath that were left alone.

It seems like we should have been up 17-0 in the first quarter, but shot ourselvs in the foot.

With all due respect, what Ben actually said is that he learns better by doing. Millions of people are the same way.

And a troll having a point doesn't make them any less a troll. Where are they when things are good?

Nowhere. That's where.

SuperSize
11-22-2009, 06:12 PM

Ben checked down to the back & the TE plenty of times today, and one int was the fault of a ball bouncing off of one of our most dependable players, and the second he was hit while throwing. Watch the game if you want to be taken seriously.

Pete

Djfan
11-22-2009, 06:18 PM

Ben checked down to the back & the TE plenty of times today, and one int was the fault of a ball bouncing off of one of our most dependable players, and the second he was hit while throwing. Watch the game if you want to be taken seriously.

Pete

Gosh Pete! Please take me seriously! I couldn't handle the pain if you didn't!!

Whatever.

I never named a play petey. His need for the long pass when 3-7 yarders were open cost us at times. Don't agree? Go deal with the pain of DJ disagreeing with you.

It's a forum. We give opinions here. If it's your self esteem you're here for go to http://www.drphil.com.

eniparadoxgma
11-22-2009, 06:23 PM
splash splash splash

So, has the team being sloppy or playing with no heart for the last couple of games already overcame Tomlin's previous accomplishments to you? I might be wrong, but I'm thinking that you already had a problem with Tomlin before the past two games.

Therefore, I will reiterate something I posted elsewhere:

If you would like to make a rebuttal to my point that Tomlin has done as good of a job as any coach would possibly be expected to do since he's been here, please do so in the form of what things exactly lead you to believe that Tomlin is a "retard", "inept", "overpaid janitor", or is in some way inferior to all of these Uber-Coaches that are so clearly better than him.

I'm also curious as to whether you actually expect SBs every single year, and therefore if we don't win one it 1. is a cause for concern and 2. speaks directly to the head coach above all else.

TIA.

Djfan
11-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Tomlin still has my vote.

I don't expect a SB each year, but can't stand when the team beats itself.

I know you said this to tf, but it's what I see.

The Steelers still control their own destiny. It could all work out. Just not seeing the cohesiveness that makes a championship team. With this talent level it could turn around at any time.

True Fan
11-22-2009, 06:33 PM
splash splash splash

So, has the team being sloppy or playing with no heart for the last couple of games already overcame Tomlin's previous accomplishments to you? I might be wrong, but I'm thinking that you already had a problem with Tomlin before the past two games.

If you would like to make a rebuttal to my point that Tomlin has done as good of a job as any coach would possibly be expected to do since he's been here, please do so in the form of what things exactly lead you to believe that Tomlin is a "retard", "inept", "overpaid janitor", or is in some way inferior to all of these Uber-Coaches that are so clearly better than him.

I'm also curious as to whether you actually expect SBs every single year, and therefore if we don't win one it 1. is a cause for concern and 2. speaks directly to the head coach above all else.

TIA.

let me get this straight. tomlin deserves praise for last years accomplishments but doesn't deserve any grief for this teams meltdowns?

i expect a superbowl every year. someone has to win it, why shouldn't it be the steelers?
all i hear is how great they are at drafting, coaching, udfa, stability etc etc etc. if they are the best at all those things why shouldnt they win every year?
ask your beloved coach if he expects to win the superbwl every year or if he is happy with the one last year and will take off the next several years.

SuperSize
11-22-2009, 06:35 PM

Pete

Whatever.

I never named a play petey. His need for the long pass when 3-7 yarders were open cost us at times. Don't agree? Go deal with the pain of DJ disagreeing with you.

It's a forum. We give opinions here. If it's your self esteem you're here for go to http://www.drphil.com.

Dude, I hope you're not in pain, I know I'm not. The facts are that Ben checked down plenty of times today...7 passes caught by Miller, 1 each by Spaeth & D. Johnson, 1 by Parker, & 4 by Mendenhall. Thats 14 passes to the TE & RB, and none of those were downfield. The Steelers had plenty of issues today, but Ben's selection of receivers wasn't one of them.

Pete

BURGH86STEEL
11-22-2009, 06:40 PM

Pete

Whatever.

Dude, I hope you're not in pain, I know I'm not. The facts are that Ben checked down plenty of times today...7 passes caught by Miller, 1 each by Spaeth & D. Johnson, 1 by Parker, & 4 by Mendenhall. Thats 14 passes to the TE & RB, and none of those were downfield. The Steelers had plenty of issues today, but Ben's selection of receivers wasn't one of them.

Pete

I agree, Ben played a decent game outside of the INT in the redzone, difficulty diagnosing where the blitz was coming from(Chiefs deserve some credit for doing a good job), and holding the ball to long on a few plays. The Oline did not do a good job creating much running room. To many mistakes by the players. Fumble by Wallace, INT in red zone, penalties, Heath tip ball for INT, and there were others. Cannot win games giving points to the other team.

eniparadoxgma
11-22-2009, 06:41 PM
let me get this straight. tomlin deserves praise for last years accomplishments but doesn't deserve any grief for this teams meltdowns?

i expect a superbowl every year. someone has to win it, why shouldn't it be the steelers?
all i hear is how great they are at drafting, coaching, udfa, stability etc etc etc. if they are the best at all those things why shouldnt they win every year?
ask your beloved coach if he expects to win the superbwl every year or if he is happy with the one last year and will take off the next several years.

In the future I would appreciate it if you responded to the things I've actually stated as opposed to what it is you think I've said, wanted me to say, or any combination thereof.

I don't recall saying that Tomlin "deserved praise" for last years accomplishments. I also don't recall saying that he "doesn't deserve any grief for this teams meltdowns". If you would be so kind as to point out where I might have stated this than I would appreciate it. If, however, you cannot point these things out than I think we should skip to the more relevant issues at hand.

Honestly, nothing in your post seems to be in response to what I actually posted.

If you would like me to address your points, I will be happy to do so after which time you have responded to mine.

To clarify, I have noticed a lot of Tomlin bashing coming from you. I think it's fair to say that there is a lot more bashing of Tomlin coming from you than bashing of any other aspect, player, coach, etc of the team. Since this is the case, I will again ask you to respond to my previous questions.

TIA.

Jigawatts
11-22-2009, 10:07 PM
[quote="True Fan":3k1uc9l3]splash splash splash

TIA.

ask your beloved coach if he expects to win the superbwl every year or if he is happy with the one last year and will take off the next several years.[/quote:3k1uc9l3]

Someone has to win employee of the month every month. If you won 10 out of 12
months a year I wouldn't consider you a bad employee, but someone else did that
much better of a job than you. No reason to quit your job over it or blame the manager.
Just keep working hard and get that good parking spot.

True Fan
11-22-2009, 10:46 PM

In the future I would appreciate it if you responded to the things I've actually stated as opposed to what it is you think I've said, wanted me to say, or any combination thereof.

I don't recall saying that Tomlin "deserved praise" for last years accomplishments. I also don't recall saying that he "doesn't deserve any grief for this teams meltdowns". If you would be so kind as to point out where I might have stated this than I would appreciate it. If, however, you cannot point these things out than I think we should skip to the more relevant issues at hand.

Honestly, nothing in your post seems to be in response to what I actually posted.

If you would like me to address your points, I will be happy to do so after which time you have responded to mine.

To clarify, I have noticed a lot of Tomlin bashing coming from you. I think it's fair to say that there is a lot more bashing of Tomlin coming from you than bashing of any other aspect, player, coach, etc of the team. Since this is the case, I will again ask you to respond to my previous questions.

TIA.

ok, i can play this game too. show me where i called tomlin inept, a retard or an over paid janitor.

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 11:09 PM
splash splash splash

They just made more splash plays then us. Rather then Tomlin trying to have one more splash play then the other team maybe he should try and motivate or take over the play calling duties. Oh wait! That would mean being a coach. Scratch that idea.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 11:13 PM
splash splash splash

They just made more splash plays then us. Rather then Tomlin trying to have one more splash play then the other team maybe he should try and motivate or take over the play calling duties. Oh wait! That would mean being a coach. Scratch that idea.

How many times did Cowher take over calling the offensive plays?

True Fan
11-22-2009, 11:18 PM
[quote="True Fan":28kgepyr]splash splash splash

How many times did Cowher take over calling the offensive plays?[/quote:28kgepyr]

probably never, that's why his teams underperformed over his tenure. same path tomlin is taking.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 11:24 PM
[quote=LasVegasGuy][quote="True Fan":29s1zhwg]splash splash splash

How many times did Cowher take over calling the offensive plays?[/quote:29s1zhwg]

probably never, that's why his teams underperformed over his tenure. same path tomlin is taking.[/quote:29s1zhwg]

Cowher, just like Tomlin, was a defensive coordinator genius.

feelthesteel
11-22-2009, 11:51 PM
i thought it was Special Teams

stlrz d
11-23-2009, 12:19 AM
i thought it was Special Teams

Cowher started as a ST coach.

Tomlin started as a D backs coach.

Both of them went from DC to HC.

eniparadoxgma
11-23-2009, 02:09 AM
ok, i can play this game too. show me where i called tomlin inept, a retard or an over paid janitor.

Way to evade. It has become apparent to me that if you even have any kind of reasoning behind why you think Tomlin is so horrible in the face of direct evidence to the contrary then you are incapable of presenting it.

Your posts contain no evidence of any reasoning behind them and when questioned about them you merely side step and evade. Therefore, I won't bother attempting to engage you in any actual conversation containing anything even remotely serious, as you, again, seem incapable of such things.

Carry on with your schtick.

Oviedo
11-23-2009, 08:35 AM

Way to evade. It has become apparent to me that if you even have any kind of reasoning behind why you think Tomlin is so horrible in the face of direct evidence to the contrary then you are incapable of presenting it.

Your posts contain no evidence of any reasoning behind them and when questioned about them you merely side step and evade. Therefore, I won't bother attempting to engage you in any actual conversation containing anything even remotely serious, as you, again, seem incapable of such things.

Just let him crawl back under his rock. You guys give him too much credit and should expect he'll crawl out everytime the team stumbles. That is what feeds him so just ignore him. He has an anti-Tomlin agenda no matter what screen name he hides behind so ignore him and he'll go away.

BURGH86STEEL
11-23-2009, 08:43 AM

Just let him crawl back under his rock. You guys give him too much credit and should expect he'll crawl out everytime the team stumbles. That is what feeds him so just ignore him. He has an anti-Tomlin agenda no matter what screen name he hides behind so ignore him and he'll go away.

That's what it boils down too. I don't know why they entertain these guys.

aggiebones
11-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Body of work people. Stop having knee jerk reactions.
They may rally, they may not.
Not many teams win back to back for many reasons. One being luck. We didn't play great and there as some weird bad luck. Guys normally focused were not. If Ben finished the game, we still could have won it.
Teams get upset or scrap by all the time in this league.
Its OK to be irritated by the game or whatever, but immediately using it to bad mouth a coach is not right.
How many people threw the team under the bus in '05? That team stunk!
Then won the Super Bowl.

eniparadoxgma
11-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Oviedo and Burgh: I haven't been around much lately and am not familiar with this new Harry Balzak persona. I gave him/her one chance and they failed miserably. I will not waste any more time on them.