PDA

View Full Version : Will this loss

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
be a turning point or is it the beginning of the end of the season?

I think it will be a turning point. It's apparent they haven't been fully focused these last two weeks and that has to change.

I can't see this team sliding from this point forward. Even despite the injuries they are far too talented to have the season end at this point.

That Ravens game next week just became exponentially more important. I hope Ben is ok and able to play.

feltdizz
11-22-2009, 05:22 PM
beginning of the end.. we played the way I hoped the Bungles would play with such a weak schedule. I'm a Tomlin fan but it's time for this guy to do something. Fire the ST's coach, bench Gay, put a ton of starters on ST's...

and tell Ben and Arians that the air show is over.. run the ball.

Jooser
11-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Here's to hoping you're not just wishing in one hand and, well you know....but, I'm with you.

SteelCrazy
11-22-2009, 05:23 PM
As long as the players do not execute and Arians still calls dumb as$ plays, like the toss to MM on 3rd n 2...we are in for a long season

SteelBucks
I'm done for awhile and it's probably for the better. If I say what I feel like saying, I'll probably be banned.

Happy Thanksgiving all and let's hope the Steelers can right the ship.

Steeler Mafia
It is over. Wrap up the season and call it a year. There is no way we go anywhere with this type of playcalling. There needs to be a fire sale on assistant coaches in Pittsburgh. How in the blue hell do we drop a game to the Chiefs?

Mister Pittsburgh
11-22-2009, 05:25 PM
I don't think we make the playoffs. Just too many bad things going on for them to get righted.

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 05:28 PM
be a turning point or is it the beginning of the end of the season?

I think it will be a turning point. It's apparent they haven't been fully focused these last two weeks and that has to change.

I can't see this team sliding from this point forward. Even despite the injuries they are far too talented to have the season end at this point.

That Ravens game next week just became exponentially more important. I hope Ben is ok and able to play.

It's the end................we just aren't amking enough splash plays. :lol: :D :D :D

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 05:31 PM
It is over. Wrap up the season and call it a year. There is no way we go anywhere with this type of playcalling. There needs to be a fire sale on assistant coaches in Pittsburgh. How in the blue hell do we drop a game to the Chiefs?

Not enough splash plays. Raiders should stick the final nail in the coffin. Tomlin will then reevaluate the season and tell us nothing is wrong and everyone is staying. When we have this fire sale please include Tomlin. He's back on my last nerve again.

Steel Life
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
All I can say is that if you evaluate the players for their screw-ups on special teams, then you have to call Arians' game-planning & play-calling into question & the ST's philosophy overall. And unfortunately...you have to call LeBeau as well. His D is not shutting teams down, they've had another late-game breakdown & what was with the milling around on that last pass?...it was clear the D wasn't ready & as result no one was where they were supposed to be - opening the field for Chambers (I won't get into the two illegal blocks downfield that weren't called). The coaches, ST's & starting defense need to take accountability for what's happening.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm bookmarking this thread so all the chicken littles can be put on the chopping block when the Steelers make the playoffs.

Of course by then you all will have moved the goal posts yet again.

True Fan
11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm bookmarking this thread so all the chicken littles can be put on the chopping block when the Steelers make the playoffs.

while your at it, bookmark the posts were you predicted big wins over chi, cin(twice), kc, det......

Starlifter
11-22-2009, 05:46 PM
i don't know that it's over but there is a clear difference between this year and last year. last year we won games in the 4th quarter. this year we give them away. when you miss FG's in chicago. when you allow cincy to drive for a last second TD. When you get caught looking at the reply of another Ike taylor dropped interception and aren't ready for a quick snap - it all adds up. it's lack of discipline, focus - take your pick. other than denver the 2009 steelers have yet to play a complete game. if all 3 phases are working we can beat anyone. problem is, we've been playing each week with all 3 phases working 1 at a time.

12-4, 11-5 still makes a wildcard I believe. no more margin for error though. this one hurt deeply.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 05:47 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3kxufudh]I'm bookmarking this thread so all the chicken littles can be put on the chopping block when the Steelers make the playoffs.

while your at it, bookmark the posts were you predicted big wins over chi, cin(twice), kc, det......[/quote:3kxufudh]

Ha ha. Game predictions are nothing but having fun.

Troll.

feltdizz
11-22-2009, 05:51 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2na31art]I'm bookmarking this thread so all the chicken littles can be put on the chopping block when the Steelers make the playoffs.

while your at it, bookmark the posts were you predicted big wins over chi, cin(twice), kc, det......[/quote:2na31art]

I spit on my computer screen... Sorry D but you had that coming..

you asked and we answered. I would love to say we make the playoffs but unfortunately we need help. The way we are playing doesn't inspire confidence out of most fans.

We keep giving games away.

feltdizz
11-22-2009, 05:53 PM
[quote="True Fan":1rkkz5az][quote="stlrz d":1rkkz5az]I'm bookmarking this thread so all the chicken littles can be put on the chopping block when the Steelers make the playoffs.

while your at it, bookmark the posts were you predicted big wins over chi, cin(twice), kc, det......[/quote:1rkkz5az]

Troll.[/quote:1rkkz5az]

answering your question is nothing but fun (not fun after a loos though).

You are starting to become the dreaded "forum expert?" LOL!!!

Djfan
11-22-2009, 05:54 PM
i don't know that it's over but there is a clear difference between this year and last year. last year we won games in the 4th quarter. this year we give them away. when you miss FG's in chicago. when you allow cincy to drive for a last second TD. When you get caught looking at the reply of another Ike taylor dropped interception and aren't ready for a quick snap - it all adds up. it's lack of discipline, focus - take your pick. other than denver the 2009 steelers have yet to play a complete game. if all 3 phases are working we can beat anyone. problem is, we've been playing each week with all 3 phases working 1 at a time.

12-4, 11-5 still makes a wildcard I believe. no more margin for error though. this one hurt deeply.

Well said. I'm not calling the season over because we have so much talent that if it wakes up we dominate.

But it's not in sync. The cohesiveness, the head-in-the-game thing, the patience needed, the quick execution, etc. I just don't see it. To me this is a leadership issue.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 05:59 PM
[quote="stlrz d":a1k8fgnl]I'm bookmarking this thread so all the chicken littles can be put on the chopping block when the Steelers make the playoffs.

while your at it, bookmark the posts were you predicted big wins over chi, cin(twice), kc, det......

you asked and we answered. I would love to say we make the playoffs but unfortunately we need help. The way we are playing doesn't inspire confidence out of most fans.

We keep giving games away.[/quote:a1k8fgnl]

You spit on your computer screen because silly predictions are supposed to actually mean something?

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 06:00 PM
[quote="True Fan":20b8jwff][quote="stlrz d":20b8jwff]I'm bookmarking this thread so all the chicken littles can be put on the chopping block when the Steelers make the playoffs.

Troll.[/quote:20b8jwff]

answering your question is nothing but fun (not fun after a loos though).

You are starting to become the dreaded "forum expert?" LOL!!![/quote:20b8jwff]

Better than a dreaded troll, which is what you are becoming.

True Fan
11-22-2009, 06:01 PM
[quote="True Fan":378r1fso][quote="stlrz d":378r1fso]I'm bookmarking this thread so all the chicken littles can be put on the chopping block when the Steelers make the playoffs.

We keep giving games away.[/quote:378r1fso]

You spit on your computer screen because silly predictions are supposed to actually mean something?[/quote:378r1fso]

no, he spit on his screen because i made you look like a fool with your own words.........

brothervad
11-22-2009, 06:02 PM
As I said in another thread...this one hurt big. Hell having a bad day against the Lions down the road instead of today would've have been just as embarrassing but not critical.

AFC losses is what is going to hurt and we currently have 3. No room for error where 11-5 is probably the lowest record.

I am not going to assume we will sweep the Ravens...that means 4 AFC losses. and that mean 11-5 right there.

That means they have beat Balt, Green Bay, Miami, Detroit, Oakland.

Doable, but no margin for error...

brothervad

Steeler Mafia
11-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Where in the hell are the Mods? Typical.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
[quote=feltdizz][quote="True Fan":3dthkpwu][quote="stlrz d":3dthkpwu]I'm bookmarking this thread so all the chicken littles can be put on the chopping block when the Steelers make the playoffs.

We keep giving games away.[/quote:3dthkpwu]

You spit on your computer screen because silly predictions are supposed to actually mean something?[/quote:3dthkpwu]

no, he spit on his screen because i made you look like a fool with your own words.........[/quote:3dthkpwu]

You only make yourself look like a fool.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-22-2009, 06:16 PM
This team will not beat the Ravens next week, unless there is a major attitude adjustment between now and then. The Ravens are hungry to win. The Steelers are not.

grotonsteel
11-22-2009, 06:19 PM
This team will not beat the Ravens next week, unless there is a major attitude adjustment between now and then. The Ravens are hungry to win. The Steelers are not.

Joe Flacco is going to torch this Steelers secondary. They are pathetic without Troy there.

Ravens 27-17

Tomlinator
11-22-2009, 06:29 PM

I'm not throwing in the towel on the year. Any KC fan was saying the same thing last week.

The loss sucked. But the Steelers seem to go through a funky period every year where they play badly and without focus. They have things to work on for sure, but I refuse to join the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Maybe I've just watched too much Steelers football - deosn't anyone remeber the 89 season? 51-0 and 41-10 losses to Cincy and Cleveland to start the year. The good guys came back and went to the playoffs. Never say die!

I also don't get the Tomlin bashing. Cowher went to the playoffs repeatedly with Noll players (6 years in a row). So what? He didn't win it all with them.

eniparadoxgma
11-22-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm not throwing in the towel on the year. Any KC fan was saying the same thing last week.

The loss sucked. But the Steelers seem to go through a funky period every year where they play badly and without focus. They have things to work on for sure, but I refuse to join the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Maybe I've just watched too much Steelers football - deosn't anyone remeber the 89 season? 51-0 and 41-10 losses to Cincy and Cleveland to start the year. The good guys came back and went to the playoffs. Never say die!

I also don't get the Tomlin bashing. Cowher went to the playoffs repeatedly with Noll players (6 years in a row). So what? He didn't win it all with them.

I agree with the "Never say die!" sentiment. It's not over until it's over. Stranger things have happened than an NFL team winning the SB against less than stellar odds. :wink:

As to the comment about Cowher going to the playoffs with Noll players, I really don't know how to answer you. It, to me, seems like irrational, aberrant behavior. I can only hypothesize that the people stating such things have some type of problem with Tomlin that doesn't have anything to do with his coaching ability... or they had a pet HC candidate that didn't get hired because of Tomlin and they can't change their opinion of him.

Hell if I know. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

feltdizz
11-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Better than a dreaded troll, which is what you are becoming.

Troll? Because I don't praise Ben and bash Arians like everyone else? LOL!!

You really need to get over yourself D.. people give opinions and sometimes they will disagree with you.. I know it's considered wrong when they do.. but hey.. it happens. LOL!!!

feltdizz
11-22-2009, 06:51 PM

I agree with the "Never say die!" sentiment. It's not over until it's over. Stranger things have happened than an NFL team winning the SB against less than stellar odds. :wink:

As to the comment about Cowher going to the playoffs with Noll players, I really don't know how to answer you. It, to me, seems like irrational, aberrant behavior. I can only hypothesize that the people stating such things have some type of problem with Tomlin that doesn't have anything to do with his coaching ability... or they had a pet HC candidate that didn't get hired because of Tomlin and they can't change their opinion of him.

Hell if I know. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

no one is throwing in the towel.. but we are nothing more then fans.. the players have to want it.. all we do is cheer and moan.. LOL!!!

What I never understood was the college talk of "Cowhers players" or Nolls players...
talk about stupid.. these are STEELER PLAYERS.. they don't sign up with Cowher or Noll.

My problem with Tomlin is the same one with Cowher.. ST's coverage SUCKS!!!

Mister Pittsburgh
11-22-2009, 08:05 PM
If the same problems keep occurring week after week, and dating back to last season (redzone offense), then that tells me that the coaching staff is either too cocky, too stupid, or too ignorant to overhaul the problems. They think what they have in place is correct and the players just week after week after week keep screwing it up.

I have seen in interviews before where Bruce Arians is almost proud that his offense doesn't change no matter what player is on the field.....this tells me he is stupid and doesn't get the best out of his players unique skills.

I am still waiting to see Spaeth matched up with a smaller CB, S, LB in the redzone and a jump ball thrown his way to either catch it over the defender or draw a pass interference.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Bengals lose...we fix a few things that are fixable and things are looking up!

DukieBoy
11-22-2009, 08:45 PM
After the season that led up to One For the Thumb, it's too early to check out on this year's team.

Wolfhound45
11-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Truthfully? The beginning of the end. I am glad that they won the Super Bowl last year, but I just do not see the same degree of dedication and effort from the team this year. The defense looks solid (except for another fourth quarter collapse). The offense is completely out of synch. Special teams? Nothing special there (would love to get our hands on the kicker for the Chiefs - he actually can get the ball into the end zone on kickoffs). Coaching is lacking.

Enough said.

feelthesteel
11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
why do people get mad
and call other people trolls
when lets face it.
were sucking right now.
and as in any company in the REAL WORLD
IT ALL STARTS AT THE TOP. PERIOD.

Like any diehard i want to get to the SB in MIAMI

I HOPE WE CAN TURN IT AROUND AND GET HOT.

bostonsteeler
11-22-2009, 11:24 PM
I kinda miss the fact that e rarely have clear-cut or blow-out wins anymore.
Even in last yeaer's SB run, we never rally looked dominant. We just got it done.

We have the ingrediens, but yets, I think the coaching is lacking on the O and ST ends.

I would love to have the kind of blow out victories that NE and NO seem to get.

feelthesteel
11-22-2009, 11:54 PM
ditto :Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer

flippy
11-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Nothing cures a 2 game slide like playing Baltimore next week.

We still have some room for error imho.

Sometimes you gotta go to the bottom before you can appreciate the top.

Lets go!!!!!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-23-2009, 10:19 AM
They should be ashamed of themselves. Coaches and players. To even let a team like the Chiefs stay in this game. Hats off to the Chiefs for showing some character. They could have easily laid down. At this point in the season, you have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat. Steelers didn't do that.

Arains made some adjustments in his offense as he attacked the middle of the field. Also gave Ben late reads underneath if the Chiefs tried to take the big play away. Much better balance 31 rush/44 pass. Only real complaint I have against Arians would be the play call on the 3rd & 2. Pitch out to Moore wasn't a good choice. I didn't see it all game. If you were going to rush, there were more successful plays we saw during the game and Mendenhall would have been my guy. Trying to mix it up with Moore in the backfield to make the Chiefs think pass was a little overthinking at that time in the game. 2 yards is a north & south call with Mendenhall. I actually would have had Mendenhall in the backfield with Johnson and ran playaction. At that point you took yourself out of field goal range anyway. Nothing on Arians this game.

On the players on the O though. Can't turn the ball over 3 times. Can't give up redzone turnovers. Weak effort by Holmes on that pick return. Mendenhall gained alot of respect in my eyes for his effort.

The Steelers need to fix the problem with their inter-facility mail. For some reason Ligashesky never got his pink slip last Monday. I have no problem firing a ST coach midseason. Send a message. Unacceptable!!!

Doesn't happen often...But it is on the defense. Hard to totally put your finger on it when you are not at the game. TV just doesn't show the whole story when evaluating the defense. Don't think I could hang it on DL though after seeing all the breakdowns and the second half letdown. Poor tackling and alot of missed asignments down field. Really should be ashamed of themselves to allow such an "undermanned" or "out talented" (Say whatever way that hurts more!) to stay in this game. Forgot about the second half. I also can't see how a guy like Carter goes from DPOTW to junk. Gay...Wow. That's all I have to say. You started 9 games before this. Taylor..."The ball is my friend...The ball is my friend." Pretend it is a roll of toilet paper like in the movie "The Little Giants". And the guys name is Chambers...Not Ocho Cinco! Clark...I love ya! But I would rather have you tackle the RB than make the crowd go "OOoooo!" Front seven...Decent effort.

Not sure if I like Tomlin's..."It's on me" statement. Accountabilty...Ok...But there was enough to go around. Maybe some is on you for allowing some of the lack of effort to continue during the game where you should have stepped in. But...Did you prep any differently this week? Were you easier on them? Did you allow them to be sloppy in practice and not pay attention to details? Did someone deserve to be demoted and you allowed them to start because he was a vet or you went soft? I doubt the answer is yes so...Why is it on you? If you are saying you should have made a change or decision during the game based upon effort or mistakes...Ok...It is on you! I just don't think that is what you were implying.

Turnovers and penalties aren't on the coaches. The blown assignments in the secondary are only on the coaches if they continue to let it happen. I don't think there is any doubt Ligashesky needs to be held accountable. He should have been held accountable starting last week. There are ST coaches that go a whole career with allowing 4 returns for TDs on them. His coverage teams were very good last year but I don't think the team could afford for him to try to correct it on his own. Demote him or take on STs yourself. But...That was overcome during the game. It is unacceptable from the team standpoint, but it wasn't a deciding factor in the game. It is an area that needs to be fixed. However, the players on the defense really didn't come to play 60 minutes. Some players peeked at the schedule. Shame on them!

papillon
11-23-2009, 11:03 AM
why do people get mad
and call other people trolls
when lets face it.
were sucking right now.
and as in any company in the REAL WORLD
IT ALL STARTS AT THE TOP. PERIOD.

Like any diehard i want to get to the SB in MIAMI

I HOPE WE CAN TURN IT AROUND AND GET HOT.

I have always competed right up to the point that a game is officially lost, a season is oficially over, or winning is impossible. It's just my nature, the Steelers season is far from over; they are playing poorly and have to change that, but until the NFL determines that the Steelers are eliminated I can't see making all the negative comments.

There will be time for that once the season "is" over and for me it's not even close yet. There are 16 more games this weekend and you never how the playoff dynamic will change from week to week. The folks who stop by to gloat over a loss or spew forth all the negativity can become annoying, particularly if, like me, you don't believe that the season has ended on November 22, 2009.

You simply have to show restraint and common sense when responding; they're entitled to their opinion and I'm not going to try and change the knee jerk reaction folks attitude towards certain players, coaches or front office, it's fruitless.

This loss is beyond defense on any level. There simply is no reason to lose this game. The coaches and players need to take a step back and look in the mirror and determine what they can do better to get the Steeler football team winning again.

If you've followed Steeler football for more than 5 years you have to know that there are no changes coming mid-season. The Rooneys are patient and have a plan thast has succeeded in the NFL since 1969 when a young unknown coach was hired by the name of Chuck Noll. If you're expecting the Steelers to fire Mike Tomlin or any other coach in mid-season and you've been a fan of the Steelers for any length of time you are either foolish or insane. It just doesn't happen.

Whew...end of pontification

Pappy

ramblinjim
11-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Hats off to the Chiefs. They've been on the short end of the stick all season but they have played hard all season also. A couple of good drafts and they could have a good team in a season or two.

It's hard to say at 6-4 that the season is over. There are still six games left to play and everyone we face over that stretch is, like us, flawed. This team could win out.

Of course the special teams play has to improve, I remember a season during the Cowher era that I just wanted them to kick the ball out of bounds on kickoff's everytime or squib kick it to one of the "up" men. It's about to come to that now, I've just never seen a kickoff coverage team that terrible.

Scarletfire1970
11-23-2009, 11:32 AM

Joe Flacco is going to torch this Steelers secondary. They are pathetic without Troy there.

Ravens 27-17
Joe Flacco blows.

That said, you are probably right.

Jooser
11-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Eh, I think we'll get things turned around. I think we are just not focused right now because our heads are screwed on backwards. We're too cocky and think we're too good to get dirty. This will be MT's biggest challenge so far in his short coaching career: Can he refocus and re-motivate this team? All of our losses this season have been due to flat out sloppy play. If we focus on getting the little things done, sooner or later it will snowball and right the ship. The season's not over by a long shot, but only if this team starts playing smarter and quits giving opponents reasons to hang in there. We are still a good football "team", we just have to quit "playing" like a bad one. That's all. Later Trolls :) , Joos out!

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2009, 01:29 PM

What exactly is your beef with the mods here? Just curious about this "typical" mod behavior you are referring to...

If there was something in this thread that you felt was worth reporting to the mods, you should have reported it, and then it would have been taken care of in short order...but you did not As it stands, I am just reading this thread for the first time today, because it was pushed way down by all of the other threads.

Other posters did send formal reports concerning questionable behavior on other threads that disintegrated into flame wars, and those have now been taken care of. Although it was not addressed immediately on Sunday night because my kids had a concert at church on Sunday evening, so I did not check back onto the board until Monday morning, which was the first time that I saw the reported threads (we have lives too).

Formal warnings were issued yesterday to a couple of posters who incited a Trib-like flame war after this game. They know that this type of behavior will not be tolerated in the future. Although difference of opinion is welcomed here, personal attacks are not.

If you have a beef with the actions of the mods in the future, please let any of us know directly. Thanks.

Steeler Mafia
11-24-2009, 04:40 PM

What exactly is your beef with the mods here? Just curious about this "typical" mod behavior you are referring to...

If there was something in this thread that you felt was worth reporting to the mods, you should have reported it, and then it would have been taken care of in short order...but you did not As it stands, I am just reading this thread for the first time today, because it was pushed way down by all of the other threads.

Other posters did send formal reports concerning questionable behavior on other threads that disintegrated into flame wars, and those have now been taken care of. Although it was not addressed immediately on Sunday night because my kids had a concert at church on Sunday evening, so I did not check back onto the board until Monday morning, which was the first time that I saw the reported threads (we have lives too).

Formal warnings were issued yesterday to a couple of posters who incited a Trib-like flame war after this game. They know that this type of behavior will not be tolerated in the future. Although difference of opinion is welcomed here, personal attacks are not.

If you have a beef with the actions of the mods in the future, please let any of us know directly. Thanks.

I mistakenly thought we had an infiltration of Trolls, then again maybe we still do, on this board. That and I was a little pi$$ed off at the loss to the Chiefs. I apologize for crying wolf. No ill intentions meant. I was wrong and I am man enough to admit it.

I know you have lives outside of this forum. Your work here is greatly appreciated. You would think that after 37 years, I would know better how to deal with my frustrations after a Steeler loss.

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
[quote="Steeler Mafia":1f8gzgwi]Where in the hell are the Mods? Typical.

I mistakenly thought we had an infiltration of Trolls, then again maybe we still do, on this board. That and I was a little pi$$ed off at the loss to the Chiefs. I apologize for crying wolf. No ill intentions meant.

Your work here is greatly appreciated.[/quote:1f8gzgwi]

No problem. I think that everyone was a bit more sensitive and short-fused after this weekend, regardless of whether you are pro-Arians or anti-Arians, pro-Tomlin or anti-Tomlin, pro-Ben or anti-Ben, from the "playcalling" camp vs. the "execution camp, etc. so the board was decidedly more "Trib-like" for a short time there. I think after a couple of days worth of cool-down time for everyone, people are now starting to come back down to earth...I mean...PlanetSteelers. 8)

Jooser
11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
freakin' mods, sheeesh! :roll: :D

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2009, 05:32 PM
:moon

Now hear this...Jooser has been BANNED!!!

(if you beat me in fantasy this week, I would have banned you. But since I feel sorry for you after that beatdown, I guess I'll let you stay)

:mrgreen:

feltdizz
11-24-2009, 09:54 PM
people came into the forum like the team came into the locker room... everyone was PO'ed..

I'll take back my "it's over" post.. it's certainly not over with only 4 losses but right after watching that game what could you really say to the question without sounding like a complete blind homer...LOL!!!

Seriously though.. Cincinnati will probably implode.. I feel it.. that made the loss a little better but not much better.. we still have Oakland. LOL!!!

We have all the pieces to repeat but it looks like the players know it too and are half azzing it at times. I know the NFL changes every year but it hasn't changed that much for us..

i also think the Denver game did what it always does to us... we get a good win, hear the media tell us we are on fire and flame out. I expect us to go on another 5 to 6 game run..

papillon
11-24-2009, 10:05 PM
With 6 games to play this is the perfect time to begin to get everything together for run in the playoffs. If, and, it's a big if, the Steelers begin to put the pieces together and win games they will be peaking at the right time. They've made some special teams changes, hopefully, that reverberates through out the entire team and marginal players begin to believe that they are one bad play away from the unemployment line. Get some edge and focus on their play; special teams players shouldn't be fat and happy. They should be thinking that their next mistake is their last and hopefully, this shakeup will do that.

The offense needs to just keep playing the points will come in the red zone. The offense has been very good the majority of this season and Ben has been very good all year, sans last weekend.

The defense has to readjust to Troy not being in the secondary and each player needs to look in the mirror and determine what they can do to help the team win. The Steelers are losing the battle between their ears right now, not the physical battle. Eliminate the 4th quarter meltdowns and they'll be fine.

This has been a very strange season, the expectations were high, the offense improved, the defense slipped and the STs fell off the face of the earth. And, yet, they find themselves 6-4 and a win against the Ravens pretty much eliminates the Ravens and keeps the Steelers within shouting distance of the Bengals.

It's not over guys and gals...hang in there it will all be good in the next month.

Pappy

SteelAbility
11-24-2009, 11:19 PM

Uh, you know, I called BA into question when we were 5-2 and was summarily labeled a blanket BA hater, citing our offensive numbers, etc. The fact is that the guy sucks. Unfortunately changing now will be worse than just sticking with him. It's too bad we couldn't get Todd Haley. We'd be 9-1 or 10-0 right now.

RuthlessBurgher
11-25-2009, 10:26 AM

Uh, you know, I called BA into question when we were 5-2 and was summarily labeled a blanket BA hater, citing our offensive numbers, etc. The fact is that the guy sucks. Unfortunately changing now will be worse than just sticking with him. It's too bad we couldn't get Todd Haley. We'd be 9-1 or 10-0 right now.

You can't poach another team's offensive coordinator to be your offensive coordinator, since it is a lateral move. You can hire away another team's offensive coordinator with a promotion to head coach, which is what Kansas City did when they hired Haley away from Arizona.

Steeler Mafia
11-25-2009, 11:18 AM

You can't poach another team's offensive coordinator to be your offensive coordinator, since it is a lateral move. You can hire away another team's offensive coordinator with a promotion to head coach, which is what Kansas City did when they hired Haley away from Arizona.

It is no secret that I am not a fan of BA what so ever. However, the post that I made above was based on pure emotion at the time. I have a bad habit of speaking out in the heat of the moment rather than sitting back and rationalizing what happened and where things stand. For that I apologize to everyone here. There is no way I would endorse any type of coaching change during the season. I mean look how well it has worked for the other teams this year. With that being said, I do believe that once the season is over, whether good or bad, there needs to be a close look at the OC and his performance in his tenure at Pittsburgh. If he stays or if he goes, IMHO there needs to be an adjustment in the style and attitude that comes from that position. It has not put us in a position to "CONSITANTLY" succeed.