PDA

View Full Version : BYE BYE

drprwnap
11-22-2009, 05:18 PM
playoffs!!!

eniparadoxgma
11-22-2009, 05:36 PM
THE SKKKKKKY IS FAAAAALLLLLLLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

Fire Tomlin! Cut Logan! Start Batch! Game over, man! GAME OVER! :)

brothervad
11-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Not saying the playoffs are out...but it's starting to gain critical mass. The Steelers are facing a tough road with this unplanned AFC loss.

11-5 is probably the minimum needed for WC. that means 5-1 in the remaining games.

a loss to an NFC team wouldn't make this as painful...this one hurts due to tie breakers.

I am not going to assume a sweep of the Ravens so there is your 1 loss.

Not much wiggle room left...so while it's not over, and it isn't on life support. The patient does have symptoms of high fever at this point.

brothervad

winwithd
11-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Maybe the division title is out of their hands, but don't they still control their own destiny since they beat both SD and Denver. One of them will finish with at least 4 losses barring a tie so we have the tie-breaker on them. I have to check but I don't think there are many other teams with only 4 losses or less. Indy and the ****'s. Houston?

One week at a time. We lost two gut-wrenchers earlier in the season and reeled off 5 straight. Maybe again.

Steeler Mafia
11-22-2009, 05:58 PM
With the way we played in the last two games, even if we do make the playoffs, it is going to be one and done for us.

Something needs to be changed for us to go anywhere.

eniparadoxgma
11-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Things change. We're an up and down team. Beat the Vikings. Lose to the Chiefs.

We need Troy back. We need Ben making better decisions. We need better play calling.

Point being, I would be more surprised if we didn't go farther than one and done than if we do.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 06:06 PM

We need Troy back. We need Ben making better decisions. We need better play calling.

Point being, I would be more surprised if we didn't go farther than one and done than if we do.

Good point.

Winning a championship is hard. It's funny that we 'suck' because we don't win it all every year.

brothervad
11-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Maybe the division title is out of their hands, but don't they still control their own destiny since they beat both SD and Denver. One of them will finish with at least 4 losses barring a tie so we have the tie-breaker on them. I have to check but I don't think there are many other teams with only 4 losses or less. Indy and the ****'s. Houston?

One week at a time. We lost two gut-wrenchers earlier in the season and reeled off 5 straight. Maybe again.

Yes at this point we do control our destiny...there are a lot of teams out there with 3 losses in conference. That is why a 4th loss to the Ravens could make a difference. Only the Jags are currently ahead of us at 6-4 with only 2 conference losses (note I glanced at this didn't do a full out anlysis).

Again the sky isn't falling but not a lot of room for error.

brothervad

eniparadoxgma
11-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Yes at this point we do control our destiny...there are a lot of teams out there with 3 losses in conference. That is why a 4th loss to the Ravens could make a difference. Only the Jags are currently ahead of us at 6-4 with only 2 conference losses (note I glanced at this didn't do a full out anlysis).

Again the sky isn't falling but not a lot of room for error.

brothervad

I think we typically play better in that situation. However, I have no crystal ball so maybe we'll implode and the suicide rate in Pittsburgh will jump for the year.

grotonsteel
11-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Mr Rooney
Please tank all the games. We can draft higher and get some quality DBs.There is always next year.

Mr Tomlin
STFU regarding SB hangover.

Steeler Mafia
11-22-2009, 06:22 PM

Good point.

Winning a championship is hard. It's funny that we 'suck' because we don't win it all every year.

I find it funny how you put words in peoples mouth and question a fans loyalty when they express frustrations when we lose. There is a big difference between 'SUCK' and getting embarrassed. This was an embarrassment and it is a rollover from last week. It is an embarrassment to the players, the coaches, the owners, and us the fans. These are games we should not lose. Nobody expects us to win it all every year, but we should be in contention for the Lombardi every year with the talent we have. The problem is that we are not utilizing the talent we have correctly. Oh and when we do, we stray away from it forgetting how we got there. There is something considerably wrong with this team and if you don't see it then you must be blind. Your "the season isn't over, we'll be better next week" schtick is running out of time.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 06:26 PM
[quote=eniparadoxgma]Things change. We're an up and down team. Beat the Vikings. Lose to the Chiefs.

Good point.

I find it funny how you put words in peoples mouth and question a fans loyalty when they express frustrations when we lose. There is a big difference between 'SUCK' and getting embarrassed. This was an embarrassment and it is a rollover from last week. It is an embarrassment to the players, the coaches, the owners, and us the fans. These are games we should not lose. Nobody expects us to win it all every year, but we should be in contention for the Lombardi every year with the talent we have. The problem is that we are not utilizing the talent we have correctly. Oh and when we do, we stray away from it forgetting how we got there. There is something considerably wrong with this team and if you don't see it then you must be blind. Your "the season isn't over, we'll be better next week" schtick is running out of time.[/quote:1481jm3o]

Where did I state that this loss isn't an embarrassment?

As Enip pointed out, this is an up and down team. It has been all season. During the winning streak we overcame the downs to post a W. The last two weeks we did not.

The only thing that can't be fixed about this team is injuries. The rest is all fixable. But it's up to the team to fix what needs fixing.

Jooser
11-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm frustrated as hell and I'm trying to cool down a bit before typing too much.

Steeler Mafia
11-22-2009, 06:41 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3pxht7ym][quote=eniparadoxgma]Things change. We're an up and down team. Beat the Vikings. Lose to the Chiefs.

Good point.

I find it funny how you put words in peoples mouth and question a fans loyalty when they express frustrations when we lose. There is a big difference between 'SUCK' and getting embarrassed. This was an embarrassment and it is a rollover from last week. It is an embarrassment to the players, the coaches, the owners, and us the fans. These are games we should not lose. Nobody expects us to win it all every year, but we should be in contention for the Lombardi every year with the talent we have. The problem is that we are not utilizing the talent we have correctly. Oh and when we do, we stray away from it forgetting how we got there. There is something considerably wrong with this team and if you don't see it then you must be blind. Your "the season isn't over, we'll be better next week" schtick is running out of time.[/quote:3pxht7ym]

Where did I state that this loss isn't an embarrassment.[/quote:3pxht7ym]

I said it was an embarrassment. You're exact quote of "It's funny that we 'suck' because we don't win it all every year" is what I was referring to. Not everyone has the opinion that you believe they do. Things aren't as literal as they seem. Some of us, me included, need to vent after a unexcusable loss such as this.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 06:45 PM
[quote="Steeler Mafia":190ip5cw][quote="stlrz d":190ip5cw][quote=eniparadoxgma]Things change. We're an up and down team. Beat the Vikings. Lose to the Chiefs.

Good point.

I find it funny how you put words in peoples mouth and question a fans loyalty when they express frustrations when we lose. There is a big difference between 'SUCK' and getting embarrassed. This was an embarrassment and it is a rollover from last week. It is an embarrassment to the players, the coaches, the owners, and us the fans. These are games we should not lose. Nobody expects us to win it all every year, but we should be in contention for the Lombardi every year with the talent we have. The problem is that we are not utilizing the talent we have correctly. Oh and when we do, we stray away from it forgetting how we got there. There is something considerably wrong with this team and if you don't see it then you must be blind. Your "the season isn't over, we'll be better next week" schtick is running out of time.[/quote:190ip5cw]

Where did I state that this loss isn't an embarrassment.[/quote:190ip5cw]

I said it was an embarrassment. You're exact quote of "It's funny that we 'suck' because we don't win it all every year" is what I was referring to. Not everyone has the opinion that you believe they do. Things aren't as literal as they seem. Some of us, me included, need to vent after a unexcusable loss such as this.[/quote:190ip5cw]

That's fine...but don't forget to show up to celebrate when we win. ;)

You don't want to become one of 'those' guys, do you? 8)

Steelhere10
11-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Maybe Ben and the offense might stay out of the night clubs on Friday nights.

Steeler Mafia
11-22-2009, 06:52 PM
That's fine...but don't forget to show up to celebrate when we win. ;)

You don't want to become one of 'those' guys, do you? 8)

I will celebrate when we win, I will bitch when we lose, and I will admit when I am wrong (which my wife says is all the time) This particular game falls under catagory B.

BURGH86STEEL
11-22-2009, 07:49 PM
All the people that want to give up on the team are free to jump off the band wagon. This was a tough loss but there are 6 games remaining. Steelers are still in the thick of the playoff race.