PDA

View Full Version : Logan blows

Shoe
11-22-2009, 04:46 PM
It's official. I was fooled. I admit it.
(He, btw... is on kick coverage too, making him even worse by association.)
He dances around too much, he has no speed (vs. first-teamers), and bottom line--he has made no impact whatsoever, unless you count the impact of his butt cheeks on the bus to the stadium.
The experiment failed. No one to fault. He did play well in the preseason.

But this guy is no NFL football player.

feltdizz
11-22-2009, 05:25 PM
he is better then any KR we have had lately.. how about our KR team block someone?

Shoe
11-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Ever heard of Mike Wallace?

eniparadoxgma
11-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Logan is fine.

Next topic.

Tomlinator
11-22-2009, 06:44 PM
I have no issue with Logan.

Though it would be nice to see him with the ball as he crosses the goal line, as opposed to trailing the other teams returner into the endzone.

feelthesteel
11-22-2009, 07:12 PM
he's no Cribbs
which is what i wish we had.
Like an Eric Metcalf
he use to burn us all the time.MFker

papillon
11-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I don't have issue with Logan; I have issue with the position being part of the 53 man roster. There are enough play makers on this team to return punts and kickoffs.

Pappy

feelthesteel
11-22-2009, 07:13 PM
he's no Cribbs
Like an Eric Metcalf

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
he's no Cribbs
Like an Eric Metcalf

How many other teams have a guy like Cribbs?

He's a special player for a reason...there aren't many like him.

Shoe
11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, you guys who have no problem with him--I guess you didn't have HIGH expectations of him this year. I'll admit it; I did. I was looking for Darren Sproles, Dante Hall type game breaking ability... and it's safe to say that, even if he does better in games upcoming, that he is not the guy who flashed this preseason.

The thing that is a downer is that, even though he doesn't bust a TD or anything... I never get the feeling that he is thisclose to busting runs. He is pretty much bottled up all the time.

The other thing of course, is the fact that he is on the kick coverage teams. In that regard, he (everybody) DOES blow.

Scarletfire1970
11-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Maybe if someone would block for this kid, maybe, just maybe he'd get a return for a TD. But he's been fine considering what he has to work with.

NJ-STEELER
11-22-2009, 07:33 PM
he';s the best option we have as a retruner

but, he shouldn't be on the coverage units

SteelCrazy
11-22-2009, 07:36 PM
i thought he had a good game today...

Starlifter
11-22-2009, 08:58 PM
the same guys that block for logan are mostly the same guys who miss tackles on punts and kickoffs. with their inability to make contact with the opposing team it makes it difficult for logan to break one for a TD. if you've noticed, logans long returns are because there is no seam or hole where are guys are trying to block - he gets'em bunched up and then bounces outside to use his speed. nevertheless i believe his average is very respectable and far better than we've seen here in quite a few years.

Vindrow
11-22-2009, 09:21 PM

So, you want to put our best rookie WR back there and take a chance that he gets injured returning kickoffs or punts? No thanks, Logan is doing just fine.

Shoe
11-22-2009, 10:21 PM

So, you want to put our best rookie WR back there and take a chance that he gets injured returning kickoffs or punts? No thanks, Logan is doing just fine.

By that logic, why put anyone worth anything back there?
Why did we put Rod Woodson (a HOF'r) back there so many years? --Chuck Noll must be an idiot. (Wallace can be technically labeled a backup BTW.)

True Fan
11-22-2009, 10:57 PM
wasted roster spot

Lonbull
11-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Just a couple of points I'd like to make about Logan.

1st - Statistically he's the best Kick Returner we've had since Randel El left.

2nd - He's still a rookie - both Darren Sproles and Dante Hall averaged less yardage per Kick off return in their rookie seasons than what Stefan Logan is averaging now.

3rd - If you want to discuss a wasted spot - let's talk about Limas Sweed. At least Stefan Logan contributes something.

4th - I assume the Steelers would rather let Mike Wallace work on developing himself as a WR right now. Wallace is also a rookie - and it certainly appears that they'd rather he focus on the playbook than concern himself with Kick-off returns right now.

I'm all for the Steelers getting the best guy to return kick-offs / punt returns - but at least acknowledge that Logan is doing a better job than what we've seen since 2005.

L.B.

LordVile
11-23-2009, 04:04 PM
logan is alright by me

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Logan is averaging 25.9 yards per kick return and 9.1 yards per punt return. That doesn't "blow" by any means.

And why are you calling him out now? Yesterday, he averaged 28 yards on 4 kick returns (with a long return of 38) and averages 10 yards on 3 punt returns (with a long of 17).

I agree that he is too small to be on the kick coverage unit (he wouldn't be awful as a gunner on punt coverage, but he's way too easy to knock out of the way on kick coverage).

ikestops85
11-23-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm more concerned about our tackling and blocking on special teams than I am about Logan's returns. First of all I don't feel like every punt is going to be dropped like I did for a couple of years. He's generally made good decisions (except for the Denver game) on whether to catch the ball, let it bounce towards the end zone, or run the ball out of the end zone. He has also had some nice returns called back due to penalty (seems to be a common problem when we get a big play).

There are a number of guys on the roster who haven't made much of a contribution this year. Sweed being one of them and Urbik being another. Another guy I'm really disappointed in is Joe Burnett. I saw him on one kick return go to the 25 yard line, stop, try to push a tackler away, and then turn around and watch that guy hit Logan. It was a pitiful effort but it certainly clarified the problems we have on special teams ... not maximum effort by EVERY member on EVERY play. :HeadBanger

Shoe
11-23-2009, 06:57 PM
The thing about the coverage (I'm thinking the Cincinnati one, as well as yesterday's) is hat they seem to be positioned correctly. If you watch the Cincy one, when the returner enters the hole, we had... I'm gonna say 5-7 guys converged right around there... and the guy somehow got away from all of them. Same seemed to be the case yesterday.

It seems like we have plenty of guys in and around the area where he busted free, and it's like he just danced in & around the area and just scooted through. It's ridiculous.

Getting back to Logan... I guess we are all a bit blunted by our poor return men of past--that we are happy if a guy gets positive yards on kicks, and doesn't fumble. I guess I'm the only one who was foreseeing (based on his preseason) having a legitimate weapon for the first time in a long time, in the return game. (If all we want is a solid, steady guy, why waste a roster spot on Logan? Mewelde can do that, and do it more dependably.)

steelblood
11-24-2009, 11:21 AM
I thought he had a very good game. His best so far. He had several nice returns and a very nice one called back on a penalty. No, he isn't Cribbs or Sproles or Hester. But he still has a good chance to take one or even two to the house this season. His return averages are solid so far. He's done fine.

SteelBucks
11-24-2009, 11:46 AM
i thought he had a good game today...

:Agree

NorthCoast
11-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Going from the bottom of the league last season to 7th on kick return average this season I would say is worth something.

SteelAbility
11-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Logan is disappointing in the sense that he just hasn't proved to be like Cribbs, Dante Hall, Devin Hester. But isn't he in the top half of the league in both PRs and KRs on average? We obviously have crappy STs blocking, so doesn't that point to the fact that he could be putting up better numbers given average blocking? How does that not belong in the NFL?