PDA

View Full Version : I can hear it now

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Tomlin "They made more splash plays then us."

Hey Tomlin how about you grow a pair and fire Bob Ligashesky? 8 returns for a touchdown means something isn't working.

Do something already or does Ben like Ligashesky and your hands are tied?

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 02:21 PM
No one is happy with this, but all 8 of those returns aren't KO returns.

That 8 includes INT returns and also a punt return where Logan was held up and Hester of the Chargers took the ball away from him.

But thanks for chiming in mister "I'm only happy when I have something to complain about and I never post anything when things are going well". It's always a treat.

:loser

Jooser
11-22-2009, 02:22 PM
STs coach needs to go....PERIOD!

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2009, 02:23 PM
The 8 returns include interception and fumble returns for TD's. There have been 4 kickoff returns for TD's.

It is baffling, since Ligasheski had the top rated kick coverage unit last season. I don't know how it is possible to go from #1 to this.

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 02:33 PM

That 8 includes INT returns and also a punt return where Logan was held up and Hester of the Chargers took the ball away from him.

But thanks for chiming in mister "I'm only happy when I have something to complain about and I never post anything when things are going well". It's always a treat.

Did I say they were all kickoff returns? My point is no matter how they happen 8 returns for a touchdown means something needs to be done. And I don't mean standing in front of a microphone saying they made more splash plays then us.

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2009, 02:39 PM

But thanks for chiming in mister "I'm only happy when I have something to complain -about and I never post anything when things are going well". It's always a treat.

Did I say they were all kickoff returns? My point is no matter how they happen 8 returns for a touchdown means something needs to be done. And I don't mean standing in front of a microphone saying they made more splash plays then us.

No, you didn't say that they were all kickoff returns per se. But you said because of the 8 returns for a touchdown, that Tomlin should fire Bob Ligashesky. What does Ben throwing pick sixes have to do with the special teams coach?

Jooser
11-22-2009, 02:43 PM
In all fairness though RB, the majority of those returns have been pinned on the STs. Just sayin'.... so if we are going to call for BA's head for poor offensive play, then Ligashesky is fair game too for this poor excuse for coverage play.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 02:45 PM

But thanks for chiming in mister "I'm only happy when I have something to complain -about and I never post anything when things are going well". It's always a treat.

No, you didn't say that they were all kickoff returns per se. But you said because of the 8 returns for a touchdown, that Tomlin should fire Bob Ligashesky. What does Ben throwing pick sixes have to do with the special teams coach?

My point exactly.

Btw, I just saw Ike make the play on the last return...even though Eagle said it was Mundy. I don't remember Ike being on the KO team.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 02:46 PM
In all fairness though RB, the majority of those returns have been pinned on the STs. Just sayin'.... so if we are going to call for BA's head for poor offensive play, then Ligashesky is fair game too for this poor excuse for coverage play.

No one is disputing that.

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2009, 02:51 PM
[quote="stlrz d":35zwoot4]No one is happy with this, but all 8 of those returns aren't KO returns.

My point exactly.

Btw, I just saw Ike make the play on the last return...even though Eagle said it was Mundy. I don't remember Ike being on the KO team.[/quote:35zwoot4]

Ike has been on the kickoff team. Him and Gay have been the only defensive starters on kick coverage.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 02:59 PM
[quote="stlrz d":aj11t068]No one is happy with this, but all 8 of those returns aren't KO returns.

My point exactly.

Btw, I just saw Ike make the play on the last return...even though Eagle said it was Mundy. I don't remember Ike being on the KO team.

Ike has been on the kickoff team. Him and Gay have been the only defensive starters on kick coverage.[/quote:aj11t068]

Thanks. I've seen Gay but I don't recall seeing Ike.

Guess I can see why they're reluctant to put Clark out there then...Troy on the mend and 3/4 of the starting secondary on KO coverage? :shock:

Jooser
11-22-2009, 03:02 PM

What then, are you disputing? Is it just a personal thing with LVG?

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Did you see RBs post?

If you start a thread about the ST coach needing to be fired then you shouldn't use 8 returns as a reason when all 8 are not due to ST. ;)

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2009, 03:07 PM

It appeared from the way his initial post was worded that he was saying that we have given up 8 kick returns for TD's, when we have given up half that many. Obviously, the TD's on INT returns are irrelevant to a discussion of the special teams coach, so why mention 8 TD's?

Jooser
11-22-2009, 03:07 PM
oh :Binky

True Fan
11-22-2009, 03:43 PM

exactly, most of the 'real' fans believe that you can only praise the steelers and never say anything bad about them....that's what makes them 'real 'fans.

AngryAsian
11-22-2009, 03:46 PM
[quote=Jooser]In all fairness though RB, the majority of those returns have been pinned on the STs. Just sayin'.... so if we are going to call for BA's head for poor offensive play, then Ligashesky is fair game too for this poor excuse for coverage play.

exactly, most of the 'real' fans believe that you can only praise the steelers and never say anything bad about them....that's what makes them 'real 'fans.[/quote:135ee45d]

You may now crawl back in your hole. 8)

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
[quote=Jooser]In all fairness though RB, the majority of those returns have been pinned on the STs. Just sayin'.... so if we are going to call for BA's head for poor offensive play, then Ligashesky is fair game too for this poor excuse for coverage play.

exactly, most of the 'real' fans believe that you can only praise the steelers and never say anything bad about them....that's what makes them 'real 'fans.[/quote:1bcib1tr]

No, real fans talk about the team like adults even when it comes to issues that need fixing.

They don't whine like little cry babies needing their diapers changed.

True Fan
11-22-2009, 03:50 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1bemn0j0][quote=Jooser]In all fairness though RB, the majority of those returns have been pinned on the STs. Just sayin'.... so if we are going to call for BA's head for poor offensive play, then Ligashesky is fair game too for this poor excuse for coverage play.

exactly, most of the 'real' fans believe that you can only praise the steelers and never say anything bad about them....that's what makes them 'real 'fans.[/quote:1bemn0j0]

No, real fans talk about the team like adults even when it comes to issues that need fixing.

They don't whine like little cry babies needing their diapers changed.[/quote:1bemn0j0]

lol.....i rest my case

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 03:54 PM
lol.....i rest my case

You don't have any case...but you do have a full diaper.

True Fan
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
[quote="True Fan":61xlev0m]
lol.....i rest my case

You don't have any case...but you do have a full diaper.[/quote:61xlev0m]

wow, that was a good one. you really showed me :Bow

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 03:58 PM
[quote="stlrz d":slsegc3p][quote="True Fan":slsegc3p]
lol.....i rest my case

You don't have any case...but you do have a full diaper.[/quote:slsegc3p]

wow, that was a good one. you really showed me :Bow[/quote:slsegc3p]

I don't have to show you anything. Everyone here knows you are a troll and here for no reason other than trolling.

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 05:23 PM

Because they all go hand in hand. Punt returns, kickoff returns and good field postion dictate how the rest of the game is played. If you are out of your comfort zone that is when you have interception returns and quarterback fumbles.

Don't worry guys Tomlin is too much of a pu5sy to make a change so everyone is safe for now.

R.I.P. 2009 Season. Now maybe we will see some change in the Burgh.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 05:25 PM

Because they all go hand in hand. Punt returns, kickoff returns and good field postion dictate how the rest of the game is played. If you are out of your comfort zone that is when you have interception returns and quarterback fumbles.

Don't worry guys Tomlin is too much of a pu5sy to make a change so everyone is safe for now.

Oh my God, that is some of the biggest BS you have ever posted.

You really are a moron.

True Fan
11-22-2009, 05:28 PM
[quote="stlrz d":25wis275]No one is happy with this, but all 8 of those returns aren't KO returns.

You really are a moron.[/quote:25wis275]

yup, you're right, tomlin is the greatest..retard :roll:

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 05:37 PM

It's NFL Sunday...shouldn't you be on the sideline coaching somewhere?

Oh, that's right....

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3idfvder]No one is happy with this, but all 8 of those returns aren't KO returns.

You really are a moron.[/quote:3idfvder]

Oh no! An A4SHOLE calling someone a moron. Doesn't one cancel out the other? When does your geek squad chime in. Ruthless, DJ fan, etc? One big happy family.

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 05:39 PM
[quote="True Fan":2p4g7pnq]

It's NFL Sunday...shouldn't you be on the sideline coaching somewhere?

Oh, that's right....[/quote:2p4g7pnq]

Shouldn't you be in a tree somewhere slathered in deer urine waiting for "that shot."

Steel Life
11-22-2009, 05:40 PM
We've won a SB with him captaining the ship, so he's doing alright or do you think someone will have a better way of doing things?

eniparadoxgma
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM

So is it safe to assume you won't be watching any more games or posting for the rest of the season since it's already over?

LasVegasGuy
[quote="True Fan":xe22dkdz]yup, you're right, tomlin is the greatest..retard :roll:
We've won a SB with him captaining the ship, so he's doing alright or do you think someone will have a better way of doing things?[/quote:xe22dkdz]

Or you can look at it as we were a catch away from losing a Super Bowl with him.

True Fan
[quote="True Fan":q4dmom3i]yup, you're right, tomlin is the greatest..retard :roll:
We've won a SB with him captaining the ship, so he's doing alright or do you think someone will have a better way of doing things?[/quote:q4dmom3i]

so you are happy with the way this team is playing this year?

eniparadoxgma
11-22-2009, 05:43 PM
[quote="True Fan":3gnd11b3]yup, you're right, tomlin is the greatest..retard :roll:
We've won a SB with him captaining the ship, so he's doing alright or do you think someone will have a better way of doing things?[/quote:3gnd11b3]

Just another "grass is greener" or perhaps "grass is whiter" type.

Tomlin's resume, accomplishments, and record since becoming coach of the Steelers speak for themselves.

True Fan
11-22-2009, 05:47 PM
[quote="True Fan":289vavhq]yup, you're right, tomlin is the greatest..retard :roll:
We've won a SB with him captaining the ship, so he's doing alright or do you think someone will have a better way of doing things?

Tomlin's resume, accomplishments, and record since becoming coach of the Steelers speak for themselves.[/quote:289vavhq]

tada, the race card is out

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 05:47 PM

So is it safe to assume you won't be watching any more games or posting for the rest of the season since it's already over?

I just might. However, conversing with STLRZD always makes my day. If I don't come on here then all the Planet is is one big lovefest and the Steelers are perfect. I'm just trying to keep it real. Remember I told you guys Wilie sucked 2 years before everyone else figured it out. So you guys need me.

Steel Life
11-22-2009, 05:49 PM
[quote="True Fan":1zq6z2lu]yup, you're right, tomlin is the greatest..retard :roll:

Or you can look at it as we were a catch away from losing a Super Bowl with him.[/quote:1zq6z2lu]
No...actually I prefer to look at the 6th Lombardi in the trophy case, don't care how we got it. I haven't noticed the Cowboys being willing to give up or apologizing for Switzer's win, so why should I care that we won on a last second pass?

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 05:50 PM
[quote="True Fan":3nlfuqum]yup, you're right, tomlin is the greatest..retard :roll:

Tomlin's resume, accomplishments, and record since becoming coach of the Steelers speak for themselves.[/quote:3nlfuqum]

Can we wait until we have some turn over from Cowhers players before we declare him king. I guess Caldwell should be locked up for the next ten years considering the Colts are 10-0? Why don't we wait until Peyton is gone before declaring him king too.

Get the picture?

eniparadoxgma
11-22-2009, 05:54 PM
tada, the race card is out

I'm fairly certain you're just a troll, but I'll spell it out for you.

Tomlin came in and did (and is doing) as good of a job as any coach could possibly be expected to do. Period.

People that still like to bash him regardless of the obvious facts come across as irrational and possibly racist. When he was hired there was a clear cut out-in-the-open racist contingent yapping all over the Trib board.

For those that would bash him in the face of the facts racism is one of many possible motives, along with idiocy and a number of other things related to a lack of intelligence, skills of perception, or others similar.

Fwiw, I did clearly state it as a possible motive, which it is.

If you would like to make a rebuttal, please do so in the form of what things exactly lead you to believe that Tomlin is a "retard", "inept", "overpaid janitor", or is in some way inferior to all of these Uber-Coaches that are so clearly better than him.

TIA.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
[quote="True Fan":1bb3xbvc]yup, you're right, tomlin is the greatest..retard :roll:

Tomlin's resume, accomplishments, and record since becoming coach of the Steelers speak for themselves.

Can we wait until we have some turn over from Cowhers staff before we declare him king. I guess Caldwell should be locked up for the next ten years considering the Colts are 10-0? Why don't we wait until Peyton is gone before declaring him king too.

Get the picture?[/quote:1bb3xbvc]

Yes we do.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Politics/Images/ku-klux-klan-salute.jpg

http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scribblings_of_the_metrop/_files_troll_2.jpg

The only thing you're keeping real is the trolling. Why don't you head over to your other forum where you can spend time spewing all the hate and BS you want?

No one other than your fellow troll True Fan likes you here. You contribute nothing.

Steel Life
11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
[quote="Steel Life":mejf9iid][quote="True Fan":mejf9iid]yup, you're right, tomlin is the greatest..retard :roll:
We've won a SB with him captaining the ship, so he's doing alright or do you think someone will have a better way of doing things?[/quote:mejf9iid]
so you are happy with the way this team is playing this year?[/quote:mejf9iid]
No I'm not...Arians frustrates me to no end & the ST's make me want to leave the room. But the thing that is nagging at me is that the defense is just not dominating & I know some of that is due to the injuries, but I do wonder if our schemes have been figured out. I do not like this "roaming" around they do before the snap, it seems like we're always out of position.

eniparadoxgma
11-22-2009, 05:59 PM
[quote="True Fan":1cc8chmz]yup, you're right, tomlin is the greatest..retard :roll:

Can we wait until we have some turn over from Cowhers players before we declare him king. I guess Caldwell should be locked up for the next ten years considering the Colts are 10-0? Why don't we wait until Peyton is gone before declaring him king too.

Get the picture?[/quote:1cc8chmz]

Yes. I've "gotten the picture" in regards to your opinion of Tomlin for quite some time. Until the time in which every single player, coach, and member of the FO under Cowher is gone, Tomlin has personally hired every single replacement, etc etc- Hold on, as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure Tomlin could clone himself repeatedly in his basement using a Zippo and a microwave, populate the entire FO, team, and coaching staff with the aforementioned clones, go 25-0 in the regular season before beating every team in the playoffs by approximately 500 points, and then win the SB by 1000 you'd still move the goal posts to find something he needs to accomplish before he's an "okay coach" to you.

Don't sweat it, man. We know you can't see straight. :lol:

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 05:59 PM
[quote="Steel Life":1o52vtdv][quote="True Fan":1o52vtdv]yup, you're right, tomlin is the greatest..retard :roll:

Can we wait until we have some turn over from Cowhers staff before we declare him king. I guess Caldwell should be locked up for the next ten years considering the Colts are 10-0? Why don't we wait until Peyton is gone before declaring him king too.

Get the picture?[/quote:1o52vtdv]

Yes we do.

The only thing you're keeping real is the trolling. Why don't you head over to your other forum where you can spend time spewing all the hate and BS you want?

No one other than your fellow troll True Fan likes you here. You contribute nothing.[/quote:1o52vtdv]

I tell you honestly you wouldn't pull this crap in front of my face. I can asssure you you would be 32 teeth less after calling me a racist. Show your toughness to the rest of the guys on here but know in the back of your mind face to face you wouldn't be such a man.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 06:08 PM
I tell you honestly you wouldn't pull this crap in front of my face. I can asssure you you would be 32 teeth less after calling me a racist. Show your toughness to the rest of the guys on here but know in the back of your mind face to face you wouldn't be such a man.

I most certainly would. You're a racist POS coward.

Go away. No one wants you here.

LasVegasGuy
11-22-2009, 08:00 PM

I may just surprise you at your next Planet Steelers tailgating party. I will be the racist POS looking for you.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 08:08 PM

I may just surprise you at your next Planet Steelers tailgating party. I will be the racist POS looking for you.

Cool. 8)

Captain Lemming
11-22-2009, 11:57 PM
I will be the racist POS looking for you.

Finally said it.
Admitting the real reason for the Tomlin hate is the first step to recovery. :lol:

Jooser
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/clubs.gif :D

RussBII
11-23-2009, 11:57 AM
<Checks URL bar>

Wait a minute? This isn't the trib board!!!

<confused>

<goes back to replaying that damn KO return in his head>