PDA

View Full Version : Troy out 1 month

SteelerNation1
11-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Just saw it scroll on NFLN. So much for him coming back next week.

stlrz d
11-22-2009, 01:17 PM
That stinks.

anger 82&95
11-22-2009, 01:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4679534

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu will not play Sunday at Kansas City and is expected to be sidelined about a month with a strained ligament in his knee, a source close to the situation told ESPN's Adam Schefter. Polamalu injured a knee ligament while tackling Cincinnati's Cedric Benson on Sunday. He missed four games after hurting a different ligament during Pittsburgh's opener.Polamalu's recent injury will not require surgery. He wore a heavy brace as he watched practice

grotonsteel
11-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Well one good things is Troy should be available during playoffs.........

winwithd
11-22-2009, 01:59 PM
All my friends have been giving me grief this week about Pittsburgh losing to Cincy. My reply most times was 'I'm more concerned about what happens in January. That's what really counts. We'll see what happens then." And I still feel that way.

I still think we make the playoffs, even with Troy missing a month. I think with Troy at %100 we can take any path to the Super Bowl. We did it for SB XL. I think this team (with a healthy Troy) is better than that one in all areas except OL (and, yes, that is a VERY important position but I think we are better than last year there and we won it last year). Besides, we haven't exactly played that great in our home games (Bungals, Vikes, Titans, SD 4th quarter).

ALSO, I think we will start to see Limas make a comeback. I was watching his college highlights on Youtube last night and there is too much potential there to give up this soon. Arians said he's been doing some good things in practice and I think it will just take one solid game to start to turn things around. Didn't Jerry Rice drop like 15 balls his first year? I think today things start to turn around. And if I am wrong I'll eat my words.

Besides, how many drops has he had this year and how many fumbles has Mendenhall had. The only drop that sticks out to me this year is the one in Cincy. There were other issues in that game as well. Had the defense not pulled out the Vikings game for us the same could have been said of Rashard's fumble in that game. And he (nearly) fumbled in the 4th against Denver. Last year's drop against the Ratbirds sucked but we won the game. I only remember one other drop from Limas.

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2009, 02:29 PM
The initial report was 2-3 weeks, so we knew that he was going to miss this game and the Ravens game. Would we really want him to rush back for the Raiders or Browns game (particularly since the Cleveland game is on a short week (Thursday night). It will be good to get him 3 good regular season games against the Packers, the second Ravens game, and the Dolphins, heading into the playoffs.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-22-2009, 06:51 PM

The way this team has been playing, what makes you think it makes the playoffs?

And too bad Troy can't keep his body as healthy as he keeps his hair.

Shoe
11-22-2009, 07:12 PM
ALSO, I think we will start to see Limas make a comeback...

You were going so good until you said that.

I'm kidding a bit (cuz I would like to see him succeed, for the good of the team). But the only way he sees the field is as a #4, which is pretty limited. Or, someone gets hurt.

No matter how good you think his potential is (I personally don't have much hope), he is NO Mike Wallace. And Wallace is currently #3. If all things go well, good luck to him even getting on the field much.

Vindrow
11-22-2009, 09:27 PM

Hehehehe....good one.

skyhawk
11-23-2009, 02:47 AM
The Madden curse is settin in.

Just sayin.

stlrz d
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM

Just sayin.

Was Troy on the cover in '06 & '07?

Just sayin. ;)

How about Fitz...how's he doing this season?

Just sayin. ;)

skyhawk
11-23-2009, 03:16 PM

Just sayin.

Was Troy on the cover in '06 & '07?

Just sayin. ;)

How about Fitz...how's he doing this season?

Just sayin. ;)

LOL. I knew you were gonna say that :lol: