PDA

View Full Version : Steve Young on America's Game

stlrz d
11-21-2009, 03:05 PM
I just watched the America's Game for the 1994 49ers season and I found it pretty interesting at the end to hear Steve Young talk about all the doubt he got from everyone. "He can't do this, he can't do that" and on and on and on. And then he did it.

What was interesting about it to me is Young seems to be one of Ben's biggest critics. Now he's someone who's constantly saying, "Ben can't do this, he can't do that", etc.

Apparently Young has forgotten what he went through?

Too many concussions???

fezziwig
11-21-2009, 04:02 PM
How many teams did Young play for ? How many playoff games did Young start in ? How many Super Bowl rings did Young win ?
How many super stars did Young have around him ? How many years of success prior to Young as a starter did Young benefit from ?
How many years of having Joe Montana as someone to learn from ?

Now for Ben;

Only played for one team, our Steelers. Been in a playoff game each season since his rookie year. Won two Super Bowls and that is one more than Young. Ben made super stars out of our offense. Well at least made them known nationally.
Ben came in and made the Steelers a success his rookie season.
Who did Ben have to learn from ? Answer, No one.

Young is jealous because in Bens first four seasons, Ben is slapping all other QB's in the puss with his accomplishments.

And for the fans that think thier QB has it on Ben, Ben didn't cheat to win.

SidSmythe
11-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Steve Young is one of the biggest idiots ever to play pro sports.

All you have to do is watch him when they were being awarded the Lombardi Trophy. It was all about HIM and how he overcame the critics, etc.
On the sideline after the win he yelled out, "Someone take this monkey off my back!!!"

What an arrogant tool
Maybe he got it from his great, great grandpa.

steelblood
11-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Steve Young was a great quarterback. It if funny because he held the ball a lot and ran a lot when he first began starting in San Fran. He was an improviser before he was a rhythm qb. All of this makes it hilarious that he was a huge critic of Ben. But, I think he's backed off a bit since the super bowl.

Scarletfire1970
11-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Steve Young was a great quarterback. It if funny because he held the ball a lot and ran a lot when he first began starting in San Fran. He was an improviser before he was a rhythm qb. All of this makes it hilarious that he was a huge critic of Ben. But, I think he's backed off a bit since the super bowl.
No he's back to dissing Ben. I guess you missed his little comments after we beat the Broncos in Denver a few weeks ago.

feelthesteel
11-21-2009, 11:35 PM
i hate that dude. :loser
And hope its awhile before the 49ers win another SB
Same goes for the Cowgirls.

i like sittin at 6 alone !!

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2009, 12:41 AM
I saw a few broadcasters when I was in Tampa for the Super Bowl. I got brief acknowledgements from Bettis, Jaworski, and Tirico, but Steve Young is the only one who didn't even bother to look up at you.

fezziwig
11-22-2009, 12:53 AM
I saw a few broadcasters when I was in Tampa for the Super Bowl. I got brief acknowledgements from Bettis, Jaworski, and Tirico, but Steve Young is the only one who didn't even bother to look up at you.

Then it's settled, Harpo is a buttplug !

I've noticed Young/Harpo falls in the category of other Ex-football players that, they can't really focus on the today players or game as much as they still feel it's all about them.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-22-2009, 08:25 AM
How many teams did Young play for ? How many playoff games did Young start in ? How many Super Bowl rings did Young win ?
How many super stars did Young have around him ? How many years of success prior to Young as a starter did Young benefit from ?

Now for Ben;

Only played for one team, our Steelers. Been in a playoff game each season since his rookie year. Won two Super Bowls and that is one more than Young. Ben made super stars out of our offense. Well at least made them known nationally.

Young is jealous because in Bens first four seasons, Ben is slapping all other QB's in the puss with his accomplishments.

Not post superbowl season.

fezziwig
11-23-2009, 06:23 PM

Now for Ben;

I'm tired, please explain.

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 08:00 PM

Now for Ben;

Following SBXL, Ben had his motorcycle accident, appendectomy, and concussion, plus Cowher seemed to mail in his last year at the helm. The team went 8-8 and did not make the playoffs (you said that Ben has been in a playoff game each season since his rookie year, when he was not in the playoff in his third year in the league...the post superbowl season).

rpmpit
11-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Good observation, d. But its not only Ben he criticizes. He seems to be one of the biggest Steeler haters on TV. I really can't stand listening to the guy. And he has a massive bald spot :lol:

I took these at last years Ravens Monday Night game. After taking the pics I shouted, "Hey Steve, tell us how much we suck!" Got some dirty looks from security and got out of there. But like RB said, the guy didn't even look up at me. Just sat there like a friggin puppet.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/rpmpit/DSC01010.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/rpmpit/DSC01011.jpg

JTP53609
11-24-2009, 09:14 AM
i wish steve young/michael ivvin/emmit smith/and deion sanders all went into a caged ring and just fought each other.....i cant stand them and they are all too opininonated, i know they played and they were good, but they dont have to keep reminding us of it, sometimes these former player experts get on your nerves when you hear them talk

fezziwig
11-25-2009, 04:36 PM

Now for Ben;

Following SBXL, Ben had his motorcycle accident, appendectomy, and concussion, plus Cowher seemed to mail in his last year at the helm. The team went 8-8 and did not make the playoffs (you said that Ben has been in a playoff game each season since his rookie year, when he was not in the playoff in his third year in the league...the post superbowl season).

Thanks,I'm confusing the loss to Jacksonville with Cowhers last season. Anyway the point is, Steve Young is a monkey bubble.

RuthlessBurgher
11-25-2009, 05:09 PM

Now for Ben;

Thanks,I'm confusing the loss to Jacksonville with Cowhers last season. Anyway the point is, Steve Young is a monkey bubble.

Agreed.

http://49ersparadise.com/pics/youngtackle.jpghttp://www.officetimes.com/Monkey%20with%20bubble%20grn%20blue%20brown.jpg

BATMAN
11-26-2009, 02:23 AM
That monkey kind of looks like Arians when standing on the sidelines and not knowing what to do. Same puzzled look, same stupid thoughts such as, That's a nice bubble or, the other team has pretty colors, I think I'll buy their jersey from ebay tonight.