PDA

View Full Version : Leaving now. Nice to re-new connections for KC/Steel week

HardlinerKC
11-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Really. I always enjoy and learn from all of you during my visits to this site. I'm embarrassed as to who among you invited me over here when the board was first formed but the memory brain cells are not responding. I first met many of you following the 2004 Steel/KC game at Arrowhead over on the Tribune board which I haven't re-visited since this one came online.

Trying hard not to be maudlin, I want to say I hope to someday soon be back during KC/Steel week to talk the talk about how the Chiefs will whip up on you, all in good fun. That won't be this time but you have to know I can be as hardcore as the next guy when I think my team can come out on top.

Anyway, let's have a spirited game. Can we agree on that? Also, let's all hope for a non-injury game for both teams and their players. I'll be back toward the end of the season to weigh in on NFL topics but in the meantime, for this Sunday? Let the best team not only win but dominate.

papillon
11-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Really. I always enjoy and learn from all of you during my visits to this site. I'm embarrassed as to who among you invited me over here when the board was first formed but the memory brain cells are not responding. I first met many of you following the 2004 Steel/KC game at Arrowhead over on the Tribune board which I haven't re-visited since this one came online.

Trying hard not to be maudlin, I want to say I hope to someday soon be back during KC/Steel week to talk the talk about how the Chiefs will whip up on you, all in good fun. That won't be this time but you have to know I can be as hardcore as the next guy when I think my team can come out on top.

Anyway, let's have a spirited game. Can we agree on that? Also, let's all hope for a non-injury game for both teams and their players. I'll be back toward the end of the season to weigh in on NFL topics but in the meantime, for this Sunday? Let the best team not only win but dominate.

You're always welcome here to visit and kick it about. I'm sure soon enough you'll be crowing about the Chiefs again. It doesn't take long to turn it around in the NFL. Don't forget you have a Steeler guy at heart on the sideline. :tt2 Good luck and injury free would be ideal.

Hey, what Chiefs board do you frequent?

Pappy

Ozey74
11-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Cheers!

:Cheers

stlrz d
11-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Just for my own curiosity I took a look at our history to see when we last played the Chiefs in Pittsburgh, since it seems we always play them in KC. I only had to go back to '06, which I guess was pretty easy to forget.

At any rate, the last time the Chiefs came to town before then was 1989. In '92, '93 (playoffs), '96, '97, '98, '99, '02 and '03 we went to KC.

It's been pretty evenly matched as we went 5-4 against he Chiefs from '92-'06. 4-4 in KC though.