PDA

View Full Version : Possible 'trap' game?

winwithd
11-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Any one out there see any way we can lose this week.

Don't they say Arrowhead is a tough place to play in November? Is it possible we could be looking ahead to Baltimore next week and not bring our 'A' game?

I look at this game and think 'how can we lose, this is KC?' Yet I wonder if everyone thought we would just run over the Bungals too. I know I did. I would say about 95% of the experts I heard or read before our last game picked us to beat the Bungals. Didn't Ben make some comment about something was different even with the crowd?

I have always thought Tomlin does a good job of keeping everyone focused and motivated. But I wonder if they weren't taking Cincy too lightly. It would be a lot easier to take a win over KC for granted. And I hope it doesn't happen.

skyhawk
11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
It's very possible.

It will be chaos if they do.

stlrz d
11-19-2009, 09:46 PM
No chance of a trap game after losing to the Bengals last week.

Vindrow
11-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Naw, after the way they played and lost to the Bungles there is no way they would be looking ahead to the Ravens.

steelblood
11-20-2009, 09:05 AM
I think we'll see a focused team. That isn't to say that the Chiefs won't play out of their minds and keep the game close. But, I don't expect a let down effect.

SteelAbility
11-20-2009, 09:09 AM
I always thought of a trap game as one where you are on a winning streak. I think the Bengals have bigger potential for a trap game coming off a big win.

JTP53609
11-20-2009, 09:13 AM
i said 2 weeks ago that this would be a trap game, but i said that thinking we would have beaten the bungles

SteelAbility
11-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah, trap games don't come after losses, since losses force you to focus and not take the next game for granted. If you DO lose that next game to a gimme, it's likely because of key injuries or some other team weakness that is "just now" being exposed.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-20-2009, 09:22 AM
No trap game for the Steelers. There is a trap game that is important to us though. West coast game for the Bengals at 4:00. Look out!!!

Sugar
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
No trap game for the Steelers. There is a trap game that is important to us though. West coast game for the Bengals at 4:00. Look out!!!

No kidding- the Bengals disrespected the Towel!

:wink:

Anyway, the Chiefs get payed to play too. It's at their crib and it's probably the biggest game they will have all year. If they were to win only one more game this year, this would be the one that Haley could use as a case that they are indeed rebuilding.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-20-2009, 11:22 AM

No kidding- the Bengals disrespected the Towel!

:wink:

Anyway, the Chiefs get payed to play too. It's at their crib and it's probably the biggest game they will have all year. If they were to win only one more game this year, this would be the one that Haley could use as a case that they are indeed rebuilding.

I hear ya. The Steelers never did play well at Arrowhead when Marty was there. If the Steelers beat the Bengals last week I would say it is a possible trap game. Being that they lost & Tomlin usually has them focused...I see them being well prepared. Let's hope my feelings are right!

Jom112
11-20-2009, 11:36 AM

It's got all the makings of a trap game for us. Benson probably out. Gradkowski starting instead of JaMarcus. West Coast trip. We'll see what happens.

My buddy is in this survivor league and he needed one game to pick this weekend. I told him to pick the Steelers over the Chiefs...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-20-2009, 02:06 PM

It's got all the makings of a trap game for us. Benson probably out. Gradkowski starting instead of JaMarcus. West Coast trip. We'll see what happens.

My buddy is in this survivor league and he needed one game to pick this weekend. I told him to pick the Steelers over the Chiefs...

That's funny. I'm in 2 myself and I'm taking them in one of them. I'm saving the Steelers/Browns game for the other. Is Larry Johnson sleeping with the playbook? :wink: You are by far the better team but its one of those bad spots. "High", "low", west coast...And not having Benson will hurt in my opinion. I don't know if the Raiders could finish 60 minutes but it won't be anything like if the Raiders came to your house. It will be a good game to see how your new Bengals handle the pressure. Sign of a true contender when you get out in front of the division and win the games you are supposed to win. Just keep adjusted that rear view mirror...That's us bump drafting ya!!! :wink:

Jom112
11-20-2009, 02:17 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3bwocx3d]No trap game for the Steelers. There is a trap game that is important to us though. West coast game for the Bengals at 4:00. Look out!!!

That's funny. I'm in 2 myself and I'm taking them in one of them. I'm saving the Steelers/Browns game for the other. Is Larry Johnson sleeping with the playbook? :wink: You are by far the better team but its one of those bad spots. "High", "low", west coast...And not having Benson will hurt in my opinion. I don't know if the Raiders could finish 60 minutes but it won't be anything like if the Raiders came to your house. It will be a good game to see how your new Bengals handle the pressure. Sign of a true contender when you get out in front of the division and win the games you are supposed to win. Just keep adjusted that rear view mirror...That's us bump drafting ya!!! :wink:[/quote:3bwocx3d]

We're supposed to have three *easy games coming up. Raiders, Browns and Lions. I'm not worried about the Browns and Lions but for some reason the Raiders game worries me. Their secondary is really talented and without Benson I'm not sure how our run game will do. Benching JaMarcus could only help their offense and they do have two really good running backs in McFadden and Bush.

Should be interesting...

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2009, 03:30 PM

I have both the Bengals and Steelers still available in my survivor pool at work, but I picked Dallas instead (at home vs. Washington this week). Assuming I survive that, I plan to use Cincy next week (at home vs. Cleveland) then the Steelers after that (at home vs. Oakland).

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-20-2009, 08:43 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":h067s81y]No trap game for the Steelers. There is a trap game that is important to us though. West coast game for the Bengals at 4:00. Look out!!!

That's funny. I'm in 2 myself and I'm taking them in one of them. I'm saving the Steelers/Browns game for the other. Is Larry Johnson sleeping with the playbook? :wink: You are by far the better team but its one of those bad spots. "High", "low", west coast...And not having Benson will hurt in my opinion. I don't know if the Raiders could finish 60 minutes but it won't be anything like if the Raiders came to your house. It will be a good game to see how your new Bengals handle the pressure. Sign of a true contender when you get out in front of the division and win the games you are supposed to win. Just keep adjusted that rear view mirror...That's us bump drafting ya!!! :wink:

We're supposed to have three *easy games coming up. Raiders, Browns and Lions. I'm not worried about the Browns and Lions but for some reason the Raiders game worries me. Their secondary is really talented and without Benson I'm not sure how our run game will do. Benching JaMarcus could only help their offense and they do have two really good running backs in McFadden and Bush.

Should be interesting...[/quote:h067s81y]
I think you have nothing to worry about for the Lions & Browns. This is the game, if any, that will sneak up on you. Coming off a high, cross country...Tough little road trip. You get bye this game you won't have to sweat until week 14. Then you have that pair of back to back trips to the Vikings & Chargers. If you guys get through this on top...You definately will be tested for the playoff run.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
[quote=Jom112][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":104vfp2c]No trap game for the Steelers. There is a trap game that is important to us though. West coast game for the Bengals at 4:00. Look out!!!

Should be interesting...[/quote:104vfp2c]
I think you have nothing to worry about for the Lions & Browns. This is the game, if any, that will sneak up on you. Coming off a high, cross country...Tough little road trip. You get bye this game you won't have to sweat until week 14. Then you have that pair of back to back trips to the Vikings & Chargers. If you guys get through this on top...You definately will be tested for the playoff run.[/quote:104vfp2c]

I need a glass of water. Something is stuck in my throat TOO! EmbarrASSing...We not "Dey".

steelernation77
11-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I picked a hell of a game to go to.

Vindrow
11-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Naw, after the way they played and lost to the Bungles there is no way they would be looking ahead to the Ravens.

Well, they made a liar out of me.