PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison

SteelCrazy
11-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Steelers linebacker James Harrison told the Post-Gazette today he was fined $5,000 by the NFL for punching Cincinnati offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth Sunday.

Harrison responded to a push from Whitworth by punching him on the helmet. He was penalized on the first-down play -- a two-yard run by Brian Leonard -- 15 yards, which gave Cincinnati a first down at the Bengals' 49. The completed that series with a 43-yard field goal for an 18-12 lead that stood up as the final score.

Read more: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09323/101 ... z0XLgVITL2 (http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09323/1014793-100.stm#ixzz0XLgVITL2)

proudpittsburgher
11-19-2009, 08:19 PM
It was stupid of him and costly for the steelers at the time. The standard that currectly exists for fines dictates what happened to him is very finable. What would be more important than that, however, is what he cost this team on that hit.

steelblood
11-20-2009, 04:17 PM
That was boneheaded. He should be fined.

Mel Blount's G
11-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Just like in the SB when he punished that cardinal after a punt (and after the play had finished) and got an unnecessary roughing penalty

James plays on the edge. Emotionally, physically and psychologically it would seem. He went over the edge on that play. I think it's one of those things that comes with the package; with all his legal viciousness and ferociousness, we get the occasional after-the-whistle explosion/melt down from James. I wish it wouldn't happen but I'm not sure I want to ask this guy to tone down his level of intensity considering all the upside that comes of it.

Jack m'f'ing Lambert was the same way. Need more be said?

sd steel
11-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Just like in the SB when he punished that cardinal after a punt (and after the play had finished) and got an unnecessary roughing penalty

James plays on the edge. Emotionally, physically and psychologically it would seem. He went over the edge on that play. I think it's one of those things that comes with the package; with all his legal viciousness and ferociousness, we get the occasional after-the-whistle explosion/melt down from James. I wish it wouldn't happen but I'm not sure I want to ask this guy to tone down his level of intensity considering all the upside that comes of it.

Jack m'f'ing Lambert was the same way. Need more be said?

I agree with you, but it's kind of funny, because I will let a stupid move by a player like Harrison, or Troy or Hines slide, yet if Gay or Sweed or Colon does the same thing, I'm screaming about it. In fact I found it kind of funny that this thread only had about 2 or 3 posts in it, because if Arians got fined for yelling at a ref, this would be a 20 page thread. Yet James made a huge error in judgement that at least cost us a minute on the clock and 15 yards at the end of the game, and no one says anything about it. Now maybe everyone is afraid that Silver Back might read the board and hunt you down and kill you, But the reality is Steeler fans give their favorite players a pass.

stlrz d
11-21-2009, 01:36 PM
I think it's universally agreed that it was a stupid move.

What do you want, 5 pages of this: :Agree

:?:

There is nothing about this that really merits any kind of discussion or analysis...he did something stupid and it cost us. Universally agreed. There's no pass given...it was dumb.

Jooser
11-21-2009, 02:35 PM
He'll make up for it in the playoffs, bank on it.