PDA

View Full Version : Holmes blames Ben for loss, in so many words (bold)

SteelCrazy
11-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Holmes disputes Big Ben: Steelers were in sync
By ALAN ROBINSON (AP) – 1 hour ago
PITTSBURGH — Ben Roethlisberger felt out of sync all day in the Pittsburgh Steelers' offense. Santonio Holmes felt just fine.
Holmes disputed the quarterback's notion that the Steelers had "something missing" during a 18-12 loss to Cincinnati that moved the Bengals (7-2) ahead of the Steelers (6-3) in the AFC North race.
Holmes took umbrage on Wednesday when a reporter asked why the Steelers couldn't find their rhythm while producing the sixth fewest yards (226) they've had in a home game since moving into Heinz Field in 2001.
To Holmes, the problem was that the Steelers didn't finish the drives they had, settling four times for field goals, not that they couldn't find their game.
"How could we not find a rhythm when we drove the ball all the way down the field?" Holmes said. "We just didn't put up points on the board."
Still, the Steelers didn't exactly mount a lot of long drives. Eight of their 11 possessions didn't move the ball more than 26 yards and their longest was for 49 yards, or the equivalent of advancing from a team's own 20 to the opposing team's 31.
The Steelers' 226 yards — 146 passing and 80 rushing — were only 19 fewer than their lowest offensive production at Heinz Field, 207 yards against Washington in 2004.
"There was just something missing all day, and I don't know what it was," Roethlisberger said. "Something was weird about the day. I don't know if it was the (mid-60s) weather in November or what it was. Even the crowd at the beginning — everything was just kind of different. No excuse."
Holmes suggested that if Roethlisberger felt that way, it explains why the Steelers lost.
"He's the quarterback. He's got control over everything, who touches the ball," Holmes said. "He dictates where the ball goes, and if he felt that way, it's probably why we didn't win the ballgame."
Of course, Holmes (7 catches, 88 yards) had a much better day than Roethlisberger (20 of 40, 174 yards, 1 interception) so the offense's repeated stalling might not have seemed as evident to him.
To Holmes, it would have helped if the Steelers had run the ball more. Rashard Mendenhall was coming off a 155-yard game in Denver, but he was limited to 13 carries for 36 yards.
"The last game (in Denver) those big plays opened up for us," because the Steelers ran the ball effectively, Holmes said.
Holmes, the Super Bowl MVP, also offered this suggestion: "Get the ball to the playmakers."
Left tackle Max Starks also wanted to run more than 18 times, the fifth fewest carries the Steelers have had in any game since 2001. Of course, most offensive linemen wouldn't mind running on every down.
"I'm going to say yes all the way. But that's not the game plan that they saw from what they (the Bengals) were giving us," Starks said. "You look at a team and see what the weaknesses are and try to attack those weaknesses."
The Steelers, who have slipped to No. 17 in rushing, probably want to get back to running more often Sunday against the Chiefs (2-7), who are sixth from the bottom in rushing defense.
"I think there's a shot of working more into that," Starks said.
Not allowing the third kickoff return touchdown the Steelers have yielded in four games might have helped against Cincinnati, too. But kicker Jeff Reed isn't about to take the blame for being one of the 11 would-be tacklers who missed Bernard Scott during his pivotal 96-yard return.
Reed was surprised to be singled out for not bringing down Scott, especially since he had to run from one side of the field to the other to try to make the play.
"That was about a 50-yard sprint for me, and my job is to make him cut back inside and he went inside of me," Reed said. "I just look at those people (who were critical) like they don't know what they're talking about."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD9C28VI80 (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h7FFOdPUZ_D0rAPRoo3sLp4k9t7QD9C28VI80)

Jooser
11-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I think he's right to a degree, Ben definitely had an off day. He looked a little dazed out there. And, most agree I think, that we shoulda-coulda run the ball more. I can't find too much wrong in the points he's making, as they pertain to this particular game.

stlrz d
11-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I think he's right to a degree, Ben definitely had an off day. He looked a little dazed out there. And, most agree I think, that we shoulda-coulda run the ball more. I can't find too much wrong in the points he's making, as they pertain to this particular game.

They should be made behind closed doors.

Scarletfire1970
11-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Holmes needs to STFU and catch the ball when it is thrown to him.

SteelCrazy
11-18-2009, 10:40 PM

Exactly...I'm not liking the direction this kid is going. Although not his responsibility, I hope Hines pulls him aside and teaches him a few more things.

sd steel
11-18-2009, 11:04 PM

Why?? Then we wouldn't be able to read them.

stlrz d
11-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Calling out your teammates in the media is poor execution.

sd steel
11-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Calling out your teammates in the media is poor execution.

Ben's a big boy, and the $100 million dollar man, he could stand to take some criticism in the media. At the same time, Ben called out his whole team saying that they were all off and it was a strange day for everyone etc. Maybe it was a hangover day for Ben and everyone else felt great, so when they asked Holmes what happened, he says well i had a decent day, but if Ben said he felt weird, that must be why they lost.

stlrz d
11-18-2009, 11:39 PM
[quote="stlrz d":7tp0fg7a]Calling out your teammates in the media is poor execution.

Ben's a big boy, and the $100 million dollar man, he could stand to take some criticism in the media. At the same time, Ben called out his whole team saying that they were all off and it was a strange day for everyone etc. Maybe it was a hangover day for Ben and everyone else felt great, so when they asked Holmes what happened, he says well i had a decent day, but if Ben said he felt weird, that must be why they lost.[/quote:7tp0fg7a]

Saying the whole team had an off day is a way of deflecting from any one individual and is the smart thing to do in the media.

The dumb thing to do in the media is to call individual players out. That is the kind of thing that divides locker rooms. That's the kind of crap that guys like Ochocinco do. That's the kind of thing that guys like TO do.

You don't call your teammates out in the media if you care about the team first. Period.

sd steel
11-18-2009, 11:49 PM
[quote="sd steel":3tvk7ipl][quote="stlrz d":3tvk7ipl]Calling out your teammates in the media is poor execution.

Ben's a big boy, and the $100 million dollar man, he could stand to take some criticism in the media. At the same time, Ben called out his whole team saying that they were all off and it was a strange day for everyone etc. Maybe it was a hangover day for Ben and everyone else felt great, so when they asked Holmes what happened, he says well i had a decent day, but if Ben said he felt weird, that must be why they lost.[/quote:3tvk7ipl]

Saying the whole team had an off day is a way of deflecting from any one individual and is the smart thing to do in the media.

The dumb thing to do in the media is to call individual players out. That is the kind of thing that divides locker rooms. That's the kind of crap that guys like Ochocinco do. That's the kind of thing that guys like TO do.

You don't call your teammates out in the media if you care about the team first. Period.[/quote:3tvk7ipl]

Well Holmes had a pretty good day, so by Ben saying the whole team was off, isn't that sort of dissing Holmes any anyone else who played well, by blaming your poor performance on everyone?

stlrz d
11-19-2009, 12:11 AM
[quote="stlrz d":3sz5ec60][quote="sd steel":3sz5ec60][quote="stlrz d":3sz5ec60]Calling out your teammates in the media is poor execution.

Ben's a big boy, and the $100 million dollar man, he could stand to take some criticism in the media. At the same time, Ben called out his whole team saying that they were all off and it was a strange day for everyone etc. Maybe it was a hangover day for Ben and everyone else felt great, so when they asked Holmes what happened, he says well i had a decent day, but if Ben said he felt weird, that must be why they lost.[/quote:3sz5ec60]

You don't call your teammates out in the media if you care about the team first. Period.[/quote:3sz5ec60]

Well Holmes had a pretty good day, so by Ben saying the whole team was off, isn't that sort of dissing Holmes any anyone else who played well, by blaming your poor performance on everyone?[/quote:3sz5ec60]

Are you intentionally being obtuse?

sd steel
11-19-2009, 12:30 AM
[quote="sd steel":19y8uz52][quote="stlrz d":19y8uz52][quote="sd steel":19y8uz52][quote="stlrz d":19y8uz52]Calling out your teammates in the media is poor execution.

Ben's a big boy, and the $100 million dollar man, he could stand to take some criticism in the media. At the same time, Ben called out his whole team saying that they were all off and it was a strange day for everyone etc. Maybe it was a hangover day for Ben and everyone else felt great, so when they asked Holmes what happened, he says well i had a decent day, but if Ben said he felt weird, that must be why they lost.[/quote:19y8uz52]

You don't call your teammates out in the media if you care about the team first. Period.[/quote:19y8uz52]

Well Holmes had a pretty good day, so by Ben saying the whole team was off, isn't that sort of dissing Holmes any anyone else who played well, by blaming your poor performance on everyone?[/quote:19y8uz52]

Are you intentionally being obtuse?[/quote:19y8uz52]

No, I just think you are making way to much of a comment that Holmes said. He was asked a question, out of context for all we know, and you are ready to cut the guy. I don't think it's a big deal, and if it is Ben and Tomlin will handle it in the locker room or on the field.

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2009, 12:39 AM
[quote="sd steel":158eglbz][quote="stlrz d":158eglbz][quote="sd steel":158eglbz][quote="stlrz d":158eglbz]Calling out your teammates in the media is poor execution.

Ben's a big boy, and the $100 million dollar man, he could stand to take some criticism in the media. At the same time, Ben called out his whole team saying that they were all off and it was a strange day for everyone etc. Maybe it was a hangover day for Ben and everyone else felt great, so when they asked Holmes what happened, he says well i had a decent day, but if Ben said he felt weird, that must be why they lost.[/quote:158eglbz]

You don't call your teammates out in the media if you care about the team first. Period.[/quote:158eglbz]

Well Holmes had a pretty good day, so by Ben saying the whole team was off, isn't that sort of dissing Holmes any anyone else who played well, by blaming your poor performance on everyone?[/quote:158eglbz]

Are you intentionally being obtuse?[/quote:158eglbz]

http://www.scene-stealers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/shawshank38.jpeg

feltdizz
11-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Maybe Ben checked out of runs and this is why Holmes is mad.
Maybe Holmes is a greedy WR who is always open.
Maybe Ben is jealous Mendenhall had such a great game in Denver.
Maybe Holmes wants out.
Maybe Holmes was open when Ben was throwing into double coverage to Hines and Wallace.

They will work it out. I like it when the most explosive WR on our team calls out the QB.

feltdizz
11-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Maybe Holmes wants out.
Maybe Holmes was open when Ben was throwing into double coverage to Hines and Wallace.

They will work it out. I like it when the most explosive WR on our team calls out the QB.

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2009, 01:11 AM
I like it when the most explosive WR on our team calls out the QB.

I think you may be along on that boat, brother.

SteelCrazy
11-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Maybe Holmes wants out.

Wallace called out Ben?

frankthetank1
11-19-2009, 08:14 AM
so this is the second time this week he has said basicly the same thing? thats great way to go tone. call out your qb who is also the best player on this team. i agree say these things behind closed doors not to the media. who knows though this sort of thing may be what ben needs for motivation. holmes knows ben better than any of us do

stlrz d
11-19-2009, 09:59 AM
No, I just think you are making way to much of a comment that Holmes said. He was asked a question, out of context for all we know, and you are ready to cut the guy. I don't think it's a big deal, and if it is Ben and Tomlin will handle it in the locker room or on the field.

Really? Where did I state that? And context doesn't mean anything in this instance. He is calling out a teammate in the media. There is no context...he said it. Period.

Maybe Holmes wants out.

Yes, because being called out publicly by your coworker always ends up being a good thing. :roll:

I guess I'm just dumbfounded by people saying this is no big deal or is a good thing...when this is exactly the kind of thing the Steelers organization works to avoid because it is the kind of thing that divides locker rooms and ruins seasons.

You do this behind closed doors, face to face like a man. Or you shut your effing mouth and play. You don't do it in the media. That is what selfish cowards do and that is exactly how Holmes is behaving.

steelmann58
11-19-2009, 11:22 AM
you never hear ben throwing mr Holmes under the bus in the Media for running a wrong route or making critical drops in the game. He should wonder less about Flexing and just do your job.

JTP53609
11-19-2009, 11:53 AM
the more hollmes talks the more i cant stand him, what about the many games this year when you dropped the ball and nobody called you out, or the time you dropped the sure touchdown in the endzone, oh wait that was this week, and that was a pass by that roethlisberger kid....
reed needs to shut up too, we dont know what were talking about??, maybe so, but i do know that i saw you look like a deer in headlights when scott juked you, but that is just me saying that, i guess i was wrong, we were all wrong, you made a great, play..

frankthetank1
11-19-2009, 12:12 PM
you never hear ben throwing mr Holmes under the bus in the Media for running a wrong route or making critical drops in the game. He should wonder less about Flexing and just do your job.

holmes should learn how to talk to the media from ben. just give the media fluff with no content. thats how to talk to the media. what you dont do is speak your mind. leave that for the locker room. anyone who thinks holmes is right cant place to much concern on team unity. there is the steeler way of doing things and there is the wrong way of doing things. holmes needs to shut his mouth and start doing things the steeler way

Jom112
11-19-2009, 12:18 PM
That's the kind of crap that guys like Ochocinco do. That's the kind of thing that guys like TO do.

You don't call your teammates out in the media if you care about the team first. Period.

When has Chad called out a teammate?

ikestops85
11-19-2009, 01:01 PM
That's the kind of crap that guys like Ochocinco do. That's the kind of thing that guys like TO do.

In last week's game when he was yelling at Carson for the pass that was high. :stirpot

steelmann58
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
WHEN hOLMES MAKES MOST OF HIS CATCHES MAYBE THEN HE CAN TALK

feltdizz
11-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Maybe Holmes wants out.

Wallace called out Ben?
How quickly we forget who was running and weaving through defenders in the playoffs and SB last year...

and for all those defending Ben... what about when he said he tried to reach out to Holmes and Holmes never returned his call? Maybe holmes is still frustrated over that...
It's not like these 2 aren't used to being in the news....

williar
11-19-2009, 02:16 PM
I have no problems with Holmes calling out the qb. Can you imagine how frustrating that must be as an offensive player watching your quarterback out there melting down, providing no spark or leadership to the team. I glad Holmes put the blame on Ben because that is exactly where it belongs. Why should Ben always get pass when the offense sucks. Arians isn't the one out there taking uneccessary sacks, and ricocheting passes off the ground. Ben should hold himself more accountable after such a miserable performance. But no. What does Ben do? Of course, put on the team "We were feeling dizzy that day, we couldn't see, the air smelled funny". What a load of crap! If I was a self respecting athlete who came ready to play, I wouldn't let Ben pin that garbage on me either. No Buddy! It was YOU who didn't have a clue. And of course Santonio probably wants out. Ben can't throw worth a crap. If I was a receiver, I wouldn't want him throwing me the ball either, because he is not very good at it. Ben is a hot mess right now. He needs to look in the mirror and try to pull himself together, otherwise this season is going to go right down the toilet....

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2009, 02:21 PM
I have no problems with Holmes calling out the qb. Can you imagine how frustrating that must be as an offensive player watching your quarterback out there melting down, providing no spark or leadership to the team. I glad Holmes put the blame on Ben because that is exactly where it belongs. Why should Ben always get pass when the offense sucks. Arians isn't the one out there taking uneccessary sacks, and ricocheting passes off the ground. Ben should hold himself more accountable after such a miserable performance. But no. What does Ben do? Of course, put on the team "We were feeling dizzy that day, we couldn't see, the air smelled funny". What a load of crap! If I was a self respecting athlete who came ready to play, I wouldn't let Ben pin that garbage on me either. No Buddy! It was YOU who didn't have a clue. And of course Santonio probably wants out. Ben can't throw worth a crap. If I was a receiver, I wouldn't want him throwing me the ball either, because he is not very good at it. Ben is a hot mess right now. He needs to look in the mirror and try to pull himself together, otherwise this season is going to go right down the toilet....

He had one bad game. Settle down, Francis.

williar
11-19-2009, 02:33 PM

Oh! He's had more than one bad game, Archie.
Ben is good for 3 or 4 losses per season.

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2009, 02:44 PM

He's also good for an undefeated rookie season, then 2 Super Bowl wins in 4 years.

You're right, Jughead. He sucks. It's all his fault that this team is in the crapper. :lol:

eniparadoxgma
11-19-2009, 03:04 PM

I was wondering when you'd surface, teecee.

williar
11-19-2009, 03:14 PM

He's also good for an undefeated rookie season, then 2 Super Bowl wins in 4 years.

You're right, Jughead. He sucks. It's all his fault that this team is in the crapper. :lol:
It's not all his fault. Although he is as much to blame for the poor execution of the offense as anybody else. Everyone wants to conveniently put the blame on Arians, Holmes, Starks, Colon, the waterboys etc. Everybody's to balme but #7. I'm sorry but I just call it like I see it! Go watch the tape without your homer shades and biased opinion.

grotonsteel
11-19-2009, 03:37 PM

Bring back Tommy Maddox.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You think Big Ben should have called out Holmes for Chicago game or the dropped TD catch against the bungles???

brothervad
11-19-2009, 03:46 PM
My My how quickly we forget...

Santonio should really shut up. I mean he too is a big reason why Cincy controls it's own destiny this year.

What do I mean you ask?

Hmm let's see in our first foray with Cincy he had a boatload of drops and because of his inability to alter his route on a hot read on a blitz created a pick 6 for cincy that helped get them back into a game when at the time they were down 20-9.

I don't recall Ben saying anything about the bad day Tone was having but in a game in which they lost by 3 he helped contribute 6 points. Nice going Tone.

And while I agree Ben looked off...Tone needs to catch that pass in the endzone. It wasn't anywhere close to the difficulty of the SuperBowl catch. It was high but in his hands. In a game where Ben is off...you make that catch, you win by 1 point.

Just my opinion but WR's that live in glass houses...

Should STFU!!!!!

brothervad

JTP53609
11-19-2009, 03:54 PM
wow williar...wow

you say that ben is good for 3 or 4 losses a year, i guess you forgot to mention that he is good for 15 wins a year too, (that is how many we won last year, remember when we won the super bowl)....and as for you saying he gets the glory but not the blame, i seem to disagree, how many super bowl mvp's does he have, how many team mvp's does he have????
Ben has a bad game and you are acting like he has a history of jim miller. Did'nt Santonio have a touchdown pass go through his hands in the game last week???who threw that ball by the way, what about the chicago game when ben threw to holmes on many occasions but he dropped the ball 3 times, did ben lose that game for us too?? i guess when sweed dropped the ball at cincy, that was all on ben because the pass was too perfect. Your right though, he deserves to get more of the blame, screw the fact that he went undefeated as a rookie, and won 2 super bowls, who cares about that, he had a bad game last week and we should get rid of him, lets trade him for vince young, i bet tennessee would be dumb enough to do that....

frankthetank1
11-19-2009, 04:14 PM

ben had an off day but that isnt the point. no matter how he plays its not holmes's place to tell the media about it

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2009, 04:19 PM

It's not all his fault. Although he is as much to blame for the poor execution of the offense as anybody else. Everyone wants to conveniently put the blame on Arians, Holmes, Starks, Colon, the waterboys etc. Everybody's to balme but #7. I'm sorry but I just call it like I see it! Go watch the tape without your homer shades and biased opinion.

I watched the game and I agree that Ben was the primary reason why we lost the game this past weekend (other than the kick coverage unit, of course). I don't blame losses on scapegoat coordinators. Holmes was one of the only guys on offense with a respectable stat line (7 catches for 88 yards), so the loss was most certainly not his fault. And although the o-line was not great, they gave up 4 sacks in 40 attempts (most of which were the result of holding the ball too long), so I will not be blaming Starks or Colon. In this game, Ben definitely struggled, throwing 40 times and completing only half of his passes for less than 200 yards. I'm not defending that performance. This one's on Ben. But your statement that he is directly responsible for 3-4 losses per season is ludicrous, because he is directly responsible for two or three times as many wins.

feltdizz
11-19-2009, 05:18 PM
I read the 3 to 4 losses a year as sarcasm... That leaves 12 to 13 wins in a season...
Lol.. Not bad.

I'm defending Holmes because it's football and we don't know what goes on in the lockerroom. They will be fine IMO. Sometimes friends have it out then ny wed. it's over but fans act like it's the end of the world.

When Ben has a bad game we all go nuts cause it's not the norm. I see it as a way of Holmes screaming for more looks... and all good WR's scream for more looks. It's not that serious... But if Holmes starts doing push ups in his drive way then I will be concerned

steelsnis
11-19-2009, 05:22 PM
It's not that serious... But if Holmes starts doing push ups in his drive way then I will be concerned

cue TO crying... "That's my Quarterback...sniff sniff...my Quarterback!!!"

Jom112
11-19-2009, 05:39 PM

In last week's game when he was yelling at Carson for the pass that was high. :stirpot

Yelling on the field doesn't count. Carson and Chad both get on each other all the time when one of them messes up. It's the way they operate. But you won't hear Chad throwing Carson under the bus after a loss. Chad has a lot of flaws, but doesn't call out people individually on his own team...

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2009, 08:21 PM

Yelling on the field doesn't count. Carson and Chad both get on each other all the time when one of them messes up. It's the way they operate. But you won't hear Chad throwing Carson under the bus after a loss. Chad has a lot of flaws, but doesn't call out people individually on his own team...

He must have been thinking of Peyton Diez y Ocho (or if Chad, with his poor grasp of the Spanish language would write it, Peyton Uno Ocho)

eniparadoxgma
11-19-2009, 08:46 PM

He must have been thinking of Peyton Diez y Ocho (or if Chad, with his poor grasp of the Spanish language would write it, Peyton Uno Ocho)

Have you not seen the explanation for the number, Ruthless? Apparently he goes by "Eight Five" as opposed to "Eighty Five" so the name actually fits.

I'm no fan of the Bungles or Johnson but the explanation makes sense.

Jom112
11-23-2009, 02:02 PM

After a tough loss, this is how Chad responds:

Truth be told, the veterans had a tough one getting their hands around this one, too. Asked if his team could rebound from one of the most devastating losses in his career as the most senior Bengal, wide receiver Chad Ochocinco said, “We’ll be fine.”

Asked why, The Ocho leaned forward to point to a few lockers down at Palmer and said, “He’s pretty damn good.”

He was frustrated he didn't get the ball more after the 1st half but he doesn't take anything out on Palmer publicly:

But The Ocho had some concerns, too. He was flabbergasted that he caught only one more ball after catching three for 55 yards in the first quarter. With Oakland cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha simply challenging him all day in man-to-man coverage by pressing him at the line of scrimmage, The Ocho was surprised he didn't see more than five balls.

“If they throw me the ball, I catch it. That’s what I do,” The Ocho said. “Nnamdi is the best in the game hands down, period. He will always be, he will always be until someone goes at him on a consistent basis and it seems like no one tries to, not even us.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/B ... 821c480f85 (http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-Raided-in-clutch/ef2a5008-5ff2-470e-9d92-20821c480f85)

Personally I think we would have won the game if we kept throwing to Chad. He was getting open and created a lot of separation early in the game. I think Carson just gets too worried sometimes about throwing INT's and didn't want to test Nnamdi too much...

Iron Shiek
11-23-2009, 03:03 PM
http://therealbarackobama.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/sky-is-falling.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! look out!

Ben sucks. The whole team sucks. Lets just quit now and save everyone time.

:loser :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2009, 05:25 PM
[quote=stlrz d] That's the kind of crap that guys like Ochocinco do. That's the kind of thing that guys like TO do.

After a tough loss, this is how Chad responds:

Truth be told, the veterans had a tough one getting their hands around this one, too. Asked if his team could rebound from one of the most devastating losses in his career as the most senior Bengal, wide receiver Chad Ochocinco said, “We’ll be fine.”

Asked why, The Ocho leaned forward to point to a few lockers down at Palmer and said, “He’s pretty damn good.”

He was frustrated he didn't get the ball more after the 1st half but he doesn't take anything out on Palmer publicly:

But The Ocho had some concerns, too. He was flabbergasted that he caught only one more ball after catching three for 55 yards in the first quarter. With Oakland cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha simply challenging him all day in man-to-man coverage by pressing him at the line of scrimmage, The Ocho was surprised he didn't see more than five balls.

“If they throw me the ball, I catch it. That’s what I do,” The Ocho said. “Nnamdi is the best in the game hands down, period. He will always be, he will always be until someone goes at him on a consistent basis and it seems like no one tries to, not even us.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/B ... 821c480f85 (http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-Raided-in-clutch/ef2a5008-5ff2-470e-9d92-20821c480f85)

Personally I think we would have won the game if we kept throwing to Chad. He was getting open and created a lot of separation early in the game. I think Carson just gets too worried sometimes about throwing INT's and didn't want to test Nnamdi too much...[/quote:31sj6jyx]

Sounds like a different Chad than the one who was taking swings at coaches at halftime of the playoff game against the Steelers.

Wait, what am I saying? That was a different Chad. His name was Johnson, if I recall correctly. :wink: