PDA

View Full Version : Red zone

winwithd
11-18-2009, 09:36 PM
I always thought big receivers were a good thing in the end zone. Throw the ball up and let them get after it. Limas Sweed seems to have trouble catching the ball when he is wide open. Maybe throw one up high for him in the back on the end zone. Let him outjump someone. Maybe try him in a little different role and see if that gets him going. What better game than KC to try it?

jj28west
11-18-2009, 09:51 PM
I believe that Sweed was supposed to take Plexico's role just for that purpose. Would love to add that dimensional threat. Unfortunately Sweed has lost the confidence of even himself at this point no matter who the team is.

winwithd
11-19-2009, 12:40 AM
I would hate to think that it is actually that bad that he does not even have confidence in himself. He was considered first round material at Texas. It would be great to see him regain that level of play. Team the old Texas Sweed with Mike Wallace and Santonio and we'd have the best receivers for many years.
I thought I did see #14 in the game once against Denver.
It is great to see the way Mike Wallace has performed. I thought he could have fought more for the ball a couple of times against the Bungals though. He may be the steal of the draft if he continues to develop.

SteelAbility
11-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Maybe we could sign LeBron James and use him like we did Weegie Thompson.