PDA

View Full Version : AFC Playoff Predictions

flippy
11-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Who are going to be the 1-6 seed in the playoffs? How would you like to see it take shape?

1. Indy
2. NE
3. Pit
4. SD
5. Cincy
6. Denver

We beat Denver at home. Go on the road to take NE. And then beat SD/Cincy at home on our way to the SuperBowl.

I may change my mind and like to see Baltimore make the playoffs so they can beat up some teams and wear them down for us. I think the AFCN teams are the tough ones and any will dominate the other finese teams in the AFC.

SidSmythe
11-17-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't see Denver hanging on over Houston. Seen teams like the Broncos a million times before and I called their demise weeks ago.

Cincy controls their own destiny and they will have to implode for the Steelers to win this division.

I would love to go on the road and take out New England and meet up w/ Indy in the AFC Champ game.

Wolfhound45
11-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Good stuff Flippy. I want to be positive about this most recent loss, but right now I cannot come around. This is the way I see it unfolding.

1 - Colts
2 - Bengals
3 - Patriots*
4 - Chargers
5 - Steelers
6 - Texans/Broncos/Ravens

Not sure we will take care of the Chargers to be honest with you. They may be peaking at the right time. However, being a Steelers homer, I call it a win and we move on to the divisional round. Patriots* easily handle the Texans or Broncos. Ravens may give them some difficulties but they* will win that matchup as well.

That brings us to the Colts. Again, not sure of this one. Homer call for a win (also again) and we are moving on to the AFCCG. Bengals handle the Patriots* in workman like fashion setting up the showdown that everyone wants (at least in Steeler Nation).

Bottom line, a third meeting of division rivals. Can the Bengals beat the Steelers three times in one season?

Starlifter
11-17-2009, 11:37 PM
the bungles history suggests a collapse is possible - but I don't think it's likely. We're playing for the 5 seed. If things line up in our favor we have a shot at 2,3 but that requires winning out (or no more than 1 additional loss) and a little help. with losing twice to cincy I don't know that 11-5 makes the dance - remember NE last year? we finish 12-4 or 13-3 and see how it shakes out.

Oviedo
11-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Good stuff Flippy. I want to be positive about this most recent loss, but right now I cannot come around. This is the way I see it unfolding.

1 - Colts
2 - Bengals
3 - Patriots*
4 - Chargers
5 - Steelers
6 - Texans/Broncos/Ravens

Not sure we will take care of the Chargers to be honest with you. They may be peaking at the right time. However, being a Steelers homer, I call it a win and we move on to the divisional round. Patriots* easily handle the Texans or Broncos. Ravens may give them some difficulties but they* will win that matchup as well.

That brings us to the Colts. Again, not sure of this one. Homer call for a win (also again) and we are moving on to the AFCCG. Bengals handle the Patriots* in workman like fashion setting up the showdown that everyone wants (at least in Steeler Nation).

Bottom line, a third meeting of division rivals. Can the Bengals beat the Steelers three times in one season?

I think your scenario and seeding is the most likely except I think the Ravens are toast. I see them dropping two more games and being out of the mix all together. I think the Texans get the #6 seed.

NW Steeler
11-18-2009, 12:20 PM
A loss to the Ravens in B-more next Sunday night drops us into a tie with them. That is a huge game for both of us. Their season will be riding on that game.

:ratsuck

pfelix73
11-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Even though we lost both games to Cincinnati, we're only 1 game behind them and would have to finish with one more win then them. And that is doable, if you ask me.

Cincy ain't gonna have a walk in park this weekend. We win and they lose and all of a sudden we're 7-3 along with them.

Indy
NE
Pittsburgh
SD
Houston
Cincinnati

SteelAbility
11-18-2009, 03:32 PM
IND
CIN (as much as I hate this, I think it will shake out this way)
NE
SD
PIT
HOU

flippy
11-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Little modification:

1. Indy
2. Pit
3. SD
4. NE
5. Denver
6. Cincy

Cincy beats SD and Denver beats NE in week 1.

Then we beat Denver and Cincy beats Indy.

Then we beat Cincy at home for the AFCC.

Oviedo
11-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Little modification:

1. Indy
2. Pit
3. SD
4. NE
5. Denver
6. Cincy

Cincy beats SD and Denver beats NE in week 1.

Then we beat Denver and Cincy beats Indy.

Then we beat Cincy at home for the AFCC.

Have you watched Denver the last three weeks plus orton is hurt now. The may be lucky to even sniff the play offs.

Cincy has won the AFC North. We have it to them with two mediocre games. Just . Shame on us for three losses by a total of 12 points. We have to own that and deal with the consequences and be prepared to win on the road this year.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Oakland is benching Russell this week and going with Gradkowski. He will have the game of his career, and the Faders will edge the Bungholes. They will go on to drop two more games before the season ends (Vikings and Chargers) to finish 11-5.

The Steelers will put it together to finish 12-4 and win the division.

1. Dolts
2. Steelers
3. *'s
4. Chargers
5. Bungholes
6. Donkos

Bungholes and *'s will win in the wildcard round.

In the divisionals, Cincy upsets the Dolts and the Steelers overcome the *'s in a close one (Belichek goes for it again on 4th and 2 on the Steelers 25, and Harrison plants Marcia in the turf; Ben then connects with Miller for the winning TD with less than 20 ticks on the clock).

On to the championship, a rematch between Cincy and Pitt. The Steelers come out hitting on all cylinders. Ochostinko and Larry Johnson get into an all-out fistfight at halftime, and when Marvin Lewis gets inbetween them to break it up, he gets KO'd.
Bruce Arians volunteers to coach the Bungholes, and they go scoreless in the second half, giving the Steelers a 37-6 victory.

Hey, it doesn't hurt to be a little optimistic, does it?

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2009, 01:18 PM
At the beginning of the season, I predicted the following. Why change now? Of course, in order for the records to be correct for my projected playoff teams, the Steelers and Titans cannot lose another game, the Texans, Chargers, and Asterisks can only lose one more game, and the Colts can only win one more game. Not bloody likely.

AFC East

NE 12-4
MIA 9-7
NYJ 7-9
BUF 5-11

AFC North

PIT 13-3
CIN 9-7
BAL 9-7
CLE 3-13

AFC South

HOU 11-5
TEN 10-6
IND 10-6
JAX 6-10

AFC West

SD 12-4
OAK 5-11
DEN 4-12
KC 4-12

AFC Wild Card round

Chargers over Colts (just like last year in the playoffs)
Texans over Titans (Houston's first playoff appearance yields its first playoff win. The stupid towel stompers go without a playoff win yet again)

AFC Divisional round

Asterisks over Chargers (Bill Belichick vs. Norv Turner? 'Nuff said)
Steelers over Texans (Cinderella gets pounded into the turf at Heinz Field)

AFC Championship game

Steelers over Asterisks (the road to the Super Bowl is even sweeter if you eliminate the Cheaters along the way)

papillon
11-19-2009, 03:47 PM
A loss to the Ravens in B-more next Sunday night drops us into a tie with them. That is a huge game for both of us. Their season will be riding on that game.

:ratsuck

The Ravens play the Colts this weekend. They may be going into the game with the Steelers 2 games behind the Steelers.

Pappy

NW Steeler
11-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I forgot about their game vs. the Colts. Better yet, they pull out a hard fought win vs. the Colts, then have a huge letdown against us next week! Intersting scenario, we play a bottom feeder while they are playing an undefeated team at home. Who will be better prepared mentally for that game? Probably doesn't matter when the Steelers and Ravens play.