PDA

View Full Version : Weakest Play of all time?

jj28west
11-17-2009, 07:28 PM
I know he is a kicker but even I would have tried to at least trip the guy even if I would have looked silly probably trying to trip air.

Its tough with the small area that we see on TV but I dont know if I ever saw a weak effort as bad as that one. Maybe we could get the rule changed and have a pinch tackler that is allowed to run from the 50 yd line once the kicker runs to the sidelines.

Anyone ever see a play where it was obvious that the tackler was doging it? I remember a run by the Bus where it may have been a CB that made a half hearted attempt (a la Deon Sanders) to tackle Jerome and Jerome still tried to engage with contact and ended up running him over.

anger 82&95
11-17-2009, 08:01 PM
I know he is a kicker but even I would have tried to at least trip the guy even if I would have looked silly probably trying to trip air.

Its tough with the small area that we see on TV but I dont know if I ever saw a weak effort as bad as that one. Maybe we could get the rule changed and have a pinch tackler that is allowed to run from the 50 yd line once the kicker runs to the sidelines.

Anyone ever see a play where it was obvious that the tackler was doging it? I remember a run by the Bus where it may have been a CB that made a half hearted attempt (a la Deon Sanders) to tackle Jerome and Jerome still tried to engage with contact and ended up running him over.Havenít you been apprised of his special status? He was not dogging it, he just completely lacks the inherent instinct/talent required to even consider making a tackle. Ignore the fact that he challenges cops and fans while drunkenly raging around convenience stores; heís pure milquetoast. And disregard the almost universal consensus in the firmament of professional sports; he gave it his all...