PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Game Observation

Steeler Mafia
11-17-2009, 01:18 PM
I was sitting at home yesterday around 8:00 pm wondering why in the blue hell did someone schedule the Browns for a Monday night game. However, around 10:30, I changed my tune. I am no Browns fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I am embarrassed for the fans and the product that has been consistantly placed in front of them out on the field time and time again. My hope is that this national attention to the Browns organization will have people take a serious look at what is going on there in Cleveland. The NFL as a whole should be ashamed. No team deserves what they have been through the last 5 years. If this were the Steelers, how would we all feel about our team? Luckily for us, we have some fantastic owners that, although may be a little tight in the wallet at times, consitantly puts a competitive product on the field each and every year. I crave the old wars that we used to have in the Dawg Pound. Now that it appears that Cincy has turned the corner, it is time to "wipe" (Clean) up the only dark spot that is left, which is the Cleveland Browns. (No pun intended, but still very funny) We have the best division in the NFL, and it is time to get it back to being as competitve as it once was.

papillon
11-17-2009, 01:35 PM
That's kind of the way I feel about the Pirates. They've been so pathetic for so long that I relish the moments (as few as they are) when they are on national TV or some such and embarrass themselves hoping that it may cause MLB to step in. It won't but it's all Pirate fans have to hang their hats on.

Pappy

flippy
11-17-2009, 08:12 PM
The Browns aren't as bad as people are saying. They've got a great defense and ST.

They just need to fix the offense which is pathetic. But any other team would struggle too if they lost their #1 and #2 receivers and didn't replace them. And Jamal Lewis is done.

I think they can turn it around and be competitive by next year if they keep their defense and Cribbs.

AngryAsian
11-17-2009, 09:49 PM
So I was at my normal Monday Night Poker game last night, and we had "listening" to the game on one of my buddy's BlackBerry (via the internet and taken from a local Cleveland radio station). We all had a great laugh because there was a point in the 3rd quarter where Landry makes the pick6 and the announcer goes "This stadium would be echoing in boos right now.... if there were people sitting in the stands." Both announcers started laughing.

But how sad is that. That ownership has no clue on how to run an NFL franchise, and has forced the ticket holders to boycott games because of the pathetic product these owners have produced. Makes you completely happy about what we have with the Rooneys.

Wolfhound45
11-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Amen Asian brother. Say what you want about the Rooneys, you can guarantee you would not see them giving the "one finger" salute during a game.

stlrz d
11-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Amen Asian brother. Say what you want about the Rooneys, you can guarantee you would not see them giving the "one finger" salute during a game.

[youtube:ywhcnst9]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTxHuUGG_2c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTxHuUGG_2c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube:ywhcnst9]

flippy
11-18-2009, 06:57 AM
So I was at my normal Monday Night Poker game last night, and we had "listening" to the game on one of my buddy's BlackBerry (via the internet and taken from a local Cleveland radio station). We all had a great laugh because there was a point in the 3rd quarter where Landry makes the pick6 and the announcer goes "This stadium would be echoing in boos right now.... if there were people sitting in the stands." Both announcers started laughing.

But how sad is that. That ownership has no clue on how to run an NFL franchise, and has forced the ticket holders to boycott games because of the pathetic product these owners have produced. Makes you completely happy about what we have with the Rooneys.

i watched the game and there was a cleveland fan with a sign begging baltimore to take this team too.

SteelAbility
11-18-2009, 08:07 AM
I believe certain court convictions give the choice of community service or having to watch Browns games. :brownssuck