PDA

View Full Version : L.J. is a Bungle

Jooser
11-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Per PFT....

L.J. deal done in Cincinnati
Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2009 12:09 AM ET
It's official. Larry Johnson will become the latest football player with a troubled past to continue his career wearing a helmet that looks like a pumpkin that served as a machete sharpener.

Per a league source, the deal is done.

The terms aren't yet known. Under the labor agreement, Johnson will be able to keep any pay from the Bengals and the balance of his $4.55 million salary from the Chiefs.

Is Cedric Benson's hip hurt worse than originally reported, or :wft

Shoe
11-17-2009, 02:05 AM
When they had that ridiculous run of law-breakers on their squad and they pledged to focus on character of their players, I guess they were full of $hit on that one, huh... (not to say LJ is a criminal like many of the others, but he was a headache for the Chiefs)

Discipline of Steel
11-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Lets hope that all that talk of his declining skilz that surfaced when his name was mentioned to come here comes true for our opponents...but I think hes probably been doggin it for the Chiefs.

Blitz-en
11-17-2009, 08:58 AM
The best that can come of this for the Bungles is that he becomes a quality fill-in while Benson is injured.

However, he could end up being the cancer in the locker room that has so often de-railed this team in the past. This is a risky decision for the organization. I'm not so sure that I employ a guy that was just kicked off his last team for being a dirtbag. Especially when Cincy just swept the division and still has 7 games to play until playoffs. Just very risky in my opinion.

I'll look forward to the latter occurring. :D

feltdizz
11-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Thank you Bengals.. your season will now go down hill. They can't resist idiots and criminals..

pfelix73
11-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Ah, it was a smart pickup on their part... 2 RB's down the stretch is smart for them... I was wondering if Indy was going to go after him....

:tt1

Iron Shiek
11-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Yeah I'm really sure he was dogging it. He played $hitty on purpose so he can't get a better contract somewhere else and risked injury on every play by not running hard.

I doubt that.

As for him being a cancer...I don't think you come into a new environment and suddenly become this overpowering negative force in the locker room. He is last man on the totem pole, I am 100% sure he doesn't misbehave. You people are overblowing this thing into something that its not in hopes that their season falls apart because of one signing.

This, like pfelix said, is a good thing for them. Having depth can never hurt, and he will be running behind a line that is 100% better. While I still don't think he returns to his old form, he will come up with 1 or 2 game saving 1st down conversions in pivotal situations, which is all they need him for. He's a situational guy at best, but I'm sure they will be able to count on him.

Jom112
11-17-2009, 02:11 PM
From an on the field standpoint it makes sense. Ced needs the rest because he was on pace for almost 400 carries. Plus if Ced does go down with a serious injury, we're screwed because there is no one else on the roster that can be that 20+ carry a game RB.

I just really don't like the turd. Plus a good guy like Brian Leonard might lose some snaps to him...

RuthlessBurgher
11-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Bernard Scott is a turd as well (and not only because his kick return was the difference in the game this weekend). Getting kicked off his H.S. team and his first college team for fighting (including hitting a coach) and lying to police at traffic stops, among other transgressions. The Bengals sure know how to pick 'em.

Jom112
11-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Bernard Scott is a turd as well (and not only because his kick return was the difference in the game this weekend). Getting kicked off his H.S. team and his first college team for fighting (including hitting a coach) and lying to police at traffic stops, among other transgressions. The Bengals sure know how to pick 'em.

The "hitting" of the coach from the way I read, was that he and another player were going at it in a practice, the coach came in to break it up and got hit. It wasn't like he went after a coach and just cold clocked him. Not trying to make the guy out to be a model citizen or anything, but wanted to clarify the "Hit a coach" allegation.

We have had our share of D-Bags on the team, but B. Scott I think is actually a decent enough person now. He was stupid in the past and I think he's learned from it...