PDA

View Full Version : Kicker

fordfixer
11-17-2009, 12:35 AM
So who's our kicker next year?

RuthlessBurgher
11-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Jeff Reed. People seem to overlook that he was 4 for 4 against the Bengals, giving us our only points of the game.

fordfixer
11-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Jeff Reed. People seem to overlook that he was 4 for 4 against the Bengals, giving us our only points of the game.

So you think the Steelers will offer him more than he turned down at the start of this season? or will he take less?

SteelAbility
11-17-2009, 08:07 AM

So you think the Steelers will offer him more than he turned down at the start of this season? or will he take less?

In the contract negotiation, Reed should be docked $500K for every time he plays two-hand touch on STs. :wink:

Oviedo
11-17-2009, 10:24 AM

I think it would be out of character for the Steelers to offer more to a player who has rejected them once. They could just tag him for a salary probably close to what they ofered him.

Personally, I'd like them to at least look at options of kickers who can actually reach the endzone on a kick off.

RuthlessBurgher
11-17-2009, 10:32 AM

Put him in a room full of women holding numbered briefcases. Make him pick several of those cases. If he picks mostly low values, then increase our contract offer. If he picks mostly high values, then decrease our contract offer. Omar Khan could phone in the offers to Kevin Colbert from the shadows.

MeetJoeGreene
11-17-2009, 10:37 AM

Put him in a room full of women holding numbered briefcases. Make him pick several of those cases. If he picks mostly low values, then increase our contract offer. If he picks mostly high values, then decrease our contract offer. Omar Khan could phone in the offers to Kevin Colbert from the shadows.

Wouldn't work. He would get drunk, take off his shirt and start posing for pictures with the women.

Steeler Mafia
11-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I would offer him $75,000 less than what he turned down last time. His antics off the fields this year, along with the lack of effort on the field are a big concern. I would however structure the contract with incentives to hopefully kight a fire under his @ss.

Something like: (The numbers are off. I am just making an example)

-End of season field goal percentage in the 90s = $65,000

-For every kick-off that goes past the 5 yard line = $500

-For every tackle = $1000

-Any alcohol related incident = (-)$10,000

etc.

Wolfhound45
11-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Wouldn't work. He would get drunk, take off his shirt and start posing for pictures with the paper towel dispenser.

Fixed that for you!

:wink:

PSU_dropout43
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Current Rats kicker, Steven Hauschka. :lol:

pfelix73
11-17-2009, 01:40 PM
How about Stover? Won't he be like 65 next year? We can get him at the seniour citizen discount rate.....

:tt1

frankthetank1
11-17-2009, 01:49 PM
aside the bears game reed has been automatic but his antics off the field, poor kick offs, and poor effort in ko coverage is enough imo to look else where at the end of the season. they should draft a good kicker out of college and pay him nothing because thats the smart thing to do. why pay a kicker a lot of money? isnt that guy swank at wake forest a senior? that guy is a good kicker with a big leg. the big problem will be finding a kicker that can kick at heinz. kicking at wake in NC is pretty different than kicking at heinz

phillyesq
11-17-2009, 05:29 PM
I know that everybody is in a rush to throw Reed out of town, but remember Kris Brown? Or Pederson? Good kickers are hard to find, especially kickers that can handle Heinz field.

Reed is a jerk, but if he gets run out of town, I think we may regret it next season.

NorthCoast
11-17-2009, 07:49 PM

I think it would be out of character for the Steelers to offer more to a player who has rejected them once. They could just tag him for a salary probably close to what they ofered him.

Personally, I'd like them to at least look at options of kickers who can actually reach the endzone on a kick off.

I hear ya O but we haven't had one of those types in something like....forever.

Jom112
11-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why can't Sepulveda do kickoffs? I mean when Shayne Graham was out in the preseason we even had Chad Ochocino do a kickoff and he got it to the 5 yard line. Not great but I'm assuming Sep can at least equal that effort can't he?

He's definitely a big step up from Reed in the tackling department. Why can't Reed just kick FG's?

jj28west
11-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why can't Sepulveda do kickoffs? I mean when Shayne Graham was out in the preseason we even had Chad Ochocino do a kickoff and he got it to the 5 yard line. Not great but I'm assuming Sep can at least equal that effort can't he?

He's definitely a big step up from Reed in the tackling department. Why can't Reed just kick FG's?

Interesting. And Sep actually tackles.

Djfan
11-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Who was that kicker we had in camp, who kicked the 58 yarder to cut practice short? The story made the papers.

Where is he?

phillyesq
11-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Who was that kicker we had in camp, who kicked the 58 yarder to cut practice short? The story made the papers.

Where is he?

A 58 yarder in camp is a lot difference than a 58 yarder at Heinz field in December. I also remember him missing a gimme field goal during on of the preseason games.

fordfixer
11-17-2009, 10:35 PM
What about the kid who kicks for Pitt he has kicked at Heinz befor is he any good?

Chavezz
11-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I've thought about Sep as well. I think the Punter kicking off thing has been talked about before and I think there was some issue with doing both messes up the punting form and negatively effects the punter.

I don't remember who said it though, I know it wasn't here, different board.