PDA

View Full Version : Any fear out there for.....CHIEFS WEEK???....didn't think so

HardlinerKC
11-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Let me get it out there early because to not do so would damage any credibility I've built on this site in the past:

The 2009 Chiefs are a collection of 1st and 2d year guys, a growing list of older veterans looking for some fading glory and a few additional paychecks, and an inept coaching staff still trying to figure out what they have and what to do with it.

In other words, the Steel will be playing, for all intents and purposes, an expansion team this Sunday. You could treat it like a pre-season game and still win big. It would be difficult to get enthused for this game, I would think. The Chiefs best chance is that old mantra about 'Any given Sunday'. More like, 'Any given decade'.

The line should be Steel by 24 pts and a moral victory would be staying within 14 pts. Not the Marty Schottenheimer or even your Dick Vermeil Chiefs for sure. Still, we've had some good contests over the past couple of decades but this won't be one of them. The Chiefs are at least two years away from being competitive with a team like Pittsburgh.

Whew! Now that the truth serum has been working, what's left to say? Fill me in.

flippy
11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
I think you're better than your record. And you could have had a chance for the upset if we came into the game not taking you serious enough.

But after losing to Cincy, I doubt we'll be taking anyone lightly.

And the Chiefs are in the wrong place/wrong time and I think it's gonna be a real blowout.

So while I agree with your line, I'm not 100% sold on your reasoning. I see the Chiefs as a 500 ballclub with a worse record.

frankthetank1
11-16-2009, 10:06 AM
I think you're better than your record. And you could have had a chance for the upset if we came into the game not taking you serious enough.

But after losing to Cincy, I doubt we'll be taking anyone lightly.

And the Chiefs are in the wrong place/wrong time and I think it's gonna be a real blowout.

So while I agree with your line, I'm not 100% sold on your reasoning. I see the Chiefs as a 500 ballclub with a worse record.

i agree the chiefs are not as bad as their record. they are an ok team but it will be a blow out. its not easy playing the steelers coming off a loss

Ghost
11-16-2009, 10:09 AM
That was a huge, dominating win for the Chiefs! I'm nervous..... :wink:

2 questions - What's the fans/local media take on Haley as new coach? Like him? Think he'll be able to turn it around?

And is there concern or do you think they'll be a lot of Balck and Gold and Terrible Towels waving at the game this week?

flippy
11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm not certain of this, but I don't think we have a great record playing in KC.

HardlinerKC
11-16-2009, 10:23 AM

2 questions - What's the fans/local media take on Haley as new coach? Like him? Think he'll be able to turn it around?

And is there concern or do you think they'll be a lot of Balck and Gold and Terrible Towels waving at the game this week?

So far you guys are giving the Chiefs more credit than they deserve. They're not close to being a .500 team but that's only my opinion. As to questions from Ghost.

The feelings on Haley are divided. Some, including me, think Haley is so far in over his head he should be wearing scuba gear. Others are drinking the Kool-Aid and feel he'll get the team turned around as early as next year. His play calling/decisions/game management are horrid.

There are a sprinkling of good players on the team like Hali, Flowers, Bowe and a surprise LB named Belcher but woefully short on talent up and down the roster.

As to the Steel fans showing up enmasse this Sunday? Owner Clark Hunt will be thrilled as attendance overall has been, as you might expect for a 2 win team, miserable.

frankthetank1
11-16-2009, 10:45 AM

So far you guys are giving the Chiefs more credit than they deserve. They're not close to being a .500 team but that's only my opinion. As to questions from Ghost.

The feelings on Haley are divided. Some, including me, think Haley is so far in over his head he should be wearing scuba gear. Others are drinking the Kool-Aid and feel he'll get the team turned around as early as next year. His play calling/decisions/game management are horrid.

There are a sprinkling of good players on the team like Hali, Flowers, Bowe and a surprise LB named Belcher but woefully short on talent up and down the roster.

As to the Steel fans showing up enmasse this Sunday? Owner Clark Hunt will be thrilled as attendance overall has been, as you might expect for a 2 win team, miserable.

the chiefs attendence has been that bad? thats hard to believe. i always thought the chiefs did well with attendence even though the team is bad.

Sugar
11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
I don't think the Steelers can afford to take anyone lightly. These guys play for money too and what better marketing tool for a rebuilding team than the scalps of the SB champs.

steelmann58
11-16-2009, 11:35 AM
the Steelers better win by at least 14 points this week and have the game tucked away going into the 4th Quarter.