PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 10 – Bengals

redundantman
11-16-2009, 08:22 AM
deleted...

SteelBucks
11-16-2009, 09:25 AM
27. Remaining Steelers Schedule: @ Chiefs, @ Ravens, Raiders, @ Browns, Packers, Ravens, @ Dolphins

28. Remaining Bengals Schedule: @Oakland, Browns, Lions, @ Vikings, @ Chargers, Chiefs, @Jets

So basically the Steelers have to win out and the Bengals need to drop two. I'd feel better about our chances if Troy wasn't injured, but I'm game. Let's stick around and see what happens.....Step 1: Take care of the Chiefs.

Ghost
11-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Things that can’t happen in a close game:

- Can’t get inside the 11 yard line 4 times and not score a single TD
- Can’t let a kick off return for a TD
- Clark can’t drop an INT that hits him in the chest
- Harrison can’t get called for a bone headed 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty
- Can’t allow 252 return yards
- Can’t go 3-15 on 3rd down

After the Woodley sack that had the Bengals punting from their own end zone and the Steelers got the ball on the 50 – I would have bet anything that was the turn around of the game and they were going to score a TD and win. Conversely – I admit it – when the Steelers got the ball back with 2 minutes to go I had no faith at all they’d score. None. First time in a long time feeling that way and it wasn’t pleasant.

Bring on the Chiefs!

redundantman
11-16-2009, 08:15 PM
deleted...

TallyStiller
11-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Phil Simms is, has always been, and always will be an absolute douchebag. John Madden was big and stupid, but Simms is something different altogether, and I like him even less. I absolutely refuse to watch a Steeler game broadcast with him doing the analysis.

SteelBucks
11-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Phil Simms is, has always been, and always will be an absolute douchebag. John Madden was big and stupid, but Simms is something different altogether, and I like him even less. I absolutely refuse to watch a Steeler game broadcast with him doing the analysis.

My mute button got a work out on Sunday.

redundantman
11-17-2009, 08:01 AM
deleted...

SteelAbility
11-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Nice read once again RM! I like the transition from 19 to 20. Very creative.

I haven't given up on Logan yet. It's obvious our STs needs some work. If our coverage blows, I'm thinking our blocking kind of blows too. As a poster said on a separate thread, outside of Logan we've had nothing but fat backs tripping over themselves on returns for the last several years. LMAO.

JTP53609
11-17-2009, 10:13 AM
how about when it was 9-9 and phillis simms said oh boy now marvin lewis has a decision to make, does he go for it on fourth down or take the field goal.... phillis are you serious, hard decision, do i take the lead or do i risk taking the lead...

Lonbull
11-17-2009, 04:42 PM
2. Finally a good runback from Stefan “Mr. August” Logan. Are we ready to concede that this guy is nothing special?

Redundantman - I looked at the stats since Randel El left the Steelers, and so far Stefan Logan is the best Kickoff and Punt Returner we've had since then (see: Halfway through the season let's evaluate the players).

Also I'm keeping in mind that he's a rookie to the NFL and he's probably got some limited upside (seeing how he's 28 years old).

So far he might not be special - but he's better than what we've had.

10. Looks like the Bengals have a defense. Imagine that.

You could see last year that their defense was coming together - their secondary might be the best in the league - at least in a few years they will be.

15. End of third quarter … BOR-ING! Boring football game.

This game reminded me of playing the Ravens - only I felt like we weren't playing against a group of criminals.....which is kind of ironic because I'm guessing there have been more Bengals in jail than Ravens?

17. Band Hero does a “Risky Business” take off … I am going to puke if I see another inane take off on this all-time stupidest movie scene.

Does their target audience even know about the movie Risky Business? I mean that movie is over 25 years old - so I'm guessing even if you're 30 there's a chance you've never seen the movie?

Redundant - great post as always!

L.B.