PDA

View Full Version : What game was Carson watching?

Steel Life
11-15-2009, 10:55 PM
In his post-game comments, Carson says several times that the Bengals offense dominated the line of scrimmage...now I know that winning gives one a certain latitude, but come on...your vaunted running game was non-existent, you had 175 yards passing & you never got into the endzone - HOW CAN THAT BE DOMINATING THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE CARSON?!?

Kudos to them for the win, but I think we lost it more than they won & hope to see them again & put them in their place.

NWNewell
11-15-2009, 11:00 PM
In his post-game comments, Carson says several times that the Bengals offense dominated the line of scrimmage...now I know that winning gives one a certain latitude, but come on...your vaunted running game was non-existent, you had 175 yards passing & you never got into the endzone - HOW CAN THAT BE DOMINATING THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE CARSON?!?

Kudos to them for the win, but I think we lost it more than they won & hope to see them again & put them in their place.

Well, the did get a couple running first downs in their last drive. That was pretty big. And he wasn't pressured too much (relatively speeking). I don't think it is a stretch to say their O-line had some timely success. Perhaps, several times means, one play here, one play there... coming at key times. That wouldn't be a stretch.

Scarletfire1970
11-15-2009, 11:07 PM
They dominated the los, mostly on defense, but they did on that last drive today on offense.

Steel Life
11-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Again, I understand some latitude has been won, but their 2.1 ypc hardly dominates our 4.4 ypc. Timely runs yes, but hardly domination & to portray it as anything else is misleading, especially given the hard-fought nature of the game.

Jom112
11-16-2009, 12:58 AM

It's relative. If we were playing Tampa Bay then no we didn't dominate the LOS. But against a Steeler D-Line I don't think you could have asked for much more out of the O-Line...

JTP53609
11-16-2009, 01:55 PM
they dominated on their final possesion when we could of had a 3 and out but they picked up first down after first down.....

steelblood
11-16-2009, 03:19 PM
They won. He wants to build momentum. It has little to do with reality. He said the right thing for his team. Since when has there been a premium on honesty in post game interviews?

ikestops85
11-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Just like in anything else ... the winner gets to write history. They won so it's there version.