PDA

View Full Version : How Do We Fix Special Teams?

flippy
11-15-2009, 08:32 PM
The returns are killing us and I'm wondering how we can fix this unit?

There was a Bengal return in the second half where I think if the Bengals player didn't block a Steeler in the back into the returner, they may have had 2 return TDs today.

Maybe we should just kick out of bounds.....

Mel Blount's G
11-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Starters on coverage? Ike, Timmons, Silverback, Troy, Clark, Woodley, T Carter?

On-side kicks? If we kick it out of bounds they'll get it on the 45 so we might as well try for an onside if we have to go that route :wft

stlrz d
11-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Starters on coverage? Ike, Timmons, Silverback, Troy, Clark, Woodley, T Carter?

On-side kicks? If we kick it out of bounds they'll get it on the 45 so we might as well try for an onside if we have to go that route :wft

The 40 actually...but that's no solution.

From what I saw, if we had a kicker who was willing to even fall down in front of a guy to slow him up there would have been no return for a TD.

flippy
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Check out this article from 2 years ago almost to the day:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07318/833669-66.stm

It's deja vu.

stlrz d
11-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Olberman is roasting Reed...and rightly so.

flippy
11-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Olberman is roasting Reed...and rightly so.

I hope tomlin does this week.

Wolfhound45
11-15-2009, 09:32 PM
The returns are killing us and I'm wondering how we can fix this unit?

Maybe tie a bottle of vodka to each kick returner?

:P

SteelBucks
11-15-2009, 09:45 PM
[quote="Mel Blount's G":gbgexj1v]Starters on coverage? Ike, Timmons, Silverback, Troy, Clark, Woodley, T Carter?

The 40 actually...but that's no solution.

From what I saw, if we had a kicker who was willing to even fall down in front of a guy to slow him up there would have been no return for a TD.[/quote:gbgexj1v]

It's hard to believe Reed is playing for a contract. His kickoffs barely reach the 10 and the effort on KO returns is pathetic.

And yes, I would put some starters on coverage. We're going into Week 10 and the current group isn't getting it done.

Steel Life
11-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Getting a kicker who can consistently put the ball in the end-zone would be good start...

birtikidis
11-15-2009, 11:30 PM
watching the sunday night game is making me jealous of a good kicker... it's int he EZ every time.